JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the crap really did hit the fan, would you rather have 7 or 8- 9mm's and a bunch of the same ammo? Or would you rather have 5 or 6 nines and a couple of 45's but you have to store a bunch of different ammo? Just wondering what your choice would be if you had plenty of time to prepair?

IMHO a bit of diversification will keep you rolling as there may be a surplus or shortage of a specific caliber in times of need.

I have copious quantities of six different handgun calibers, for different tasks.

.22.LR
.22WMR
.38spl
.357mag
9mm
.45ACP

I have four rifle calibers, again for different tasks:

6.8SPC
30-30win

For shotgun stuff I have copious varieties (and quantities) of 12ga in 2-3/4 and 3" for different tasks ie birds, self defense, anti-material, etc.

Your situation will dictate your needs, and your mileage may vary.

Last Edited:
I'd rather have one firearm that I shoot and handle very well with the ammo to go with it...
Than a few , some , a bunch of firearms ...with crates of ammo that I don't shoot well.

Pick a firearm that you like...
Learn to use and maintain it well.
Stock up on the ammo that you shoot well and that works well with it.
Getting some spare parts like an extractor , a firing pin , ejector and the like....
Magazines would be good too.
Andy

I'd rather have one firearm that I shoot and handle very well with the ammo to go with it...
Than a few , some , a bunch of firearms ...with crates of ammo that I don't shoot well.

Getting some spare parts like an extractor , a firing pin , ejector and the like....
Andy
C'mon Andy… I know you could pick up (just about) any firearm and do work like a boss.

;)

Andy
I have nine SIGs, eight of those (based on the SIG 22X) are very similar in operation and ergos and they share some parts. E.G., the SIG 227 is just a slightly larger SIG 226, chambered for .45 ACP instead of 9mm/.40

I do need to get small parts for some of those because not all of the parts interchange, but if an extractor on a .40 or 9mm fails, I can switch the upper out faster than I can swap out the extractor, or I can swap for one of the other guns altogether.

C'mon Andy… I know you could pick up (just about) any firearm and do work like a boss.

;)
Huh....must have seen me at the range... :D

A few years ago while at the local shooting pit....
There I was...shooting my Hawken rifle.
A group of fellas show up...watch me shoot for a bit...then ask if they could join.
After they set up targets and started shooting...
One guy has trouble with his AR15 Carbine....kept jamming or not feeding....
Not sure what was wrong here...the Carbine or the shooter.

I asked if I could take a look...
I cleared his carbine...took a fresh magazine...used S.P.O.R.T.S....and proceeded to hit and chase the beer can around that was being used as a target.

I left after getting a dirty look from the Carbine's owner when he was told by his buddy :
Damn man , he shoots your gun , better than you do..! " :D

While I can't do this every time ...it happens enough to know that it ain't always luck or a fluke.
Andy

I say the three glawwks (a 19, a 17, and 43)

something that's different platform with a butter trigger, like a canik or walther

a TWO WORLD WARS 1911 so you're proficient with how they operate... and that's it...all in 9mm

or you just do what I did and buy whatever you want and end up with like 5 pistol calibers, 4 rifle calibers and 12 gage

I have nine SIGs, eight of those (based on the SIG 22X) are very similar in operation and ergos and they share some parts. E.G., the SIG 227 is just a slightly larger SIG 226, chambered for .45 ACP instead of 9mm/.40

I do need to get small parts for some of those because not all of the parts interchange, but if an extractor on a .40 or 9mm fails, I can switch the upper out faster than I can swap out the extractor, or I can swap for one of the other guns altogether.
I would need all nine to see which one I shoot the best....:D
I shoot alright with just about any rifle or shotgun...pistols / revolvers however....I only shoot a few very well.
Andy

Last Edited:
for that, just toss it to the nearest homeless RV
Kinda like this one, recently left off Hwy 97 North of LaPine?

IMG_20231214_134246768.jpg

Huh....must have seen me at the range... :D

A few years ago while at the local shooting pit....
There I was...shooting my Hawken rifle.
A group of fellas show up...watch me shoot for a bit...then ask if they could join.
After they set up targets and started shooting...
One guy has trouble with his AR15 Carbine....kept jamming or not feeding....
Not sure what was wrong here...the Carbine or the shooter.

I asked if I could take a look...
I cleared his carbine...took a fresh magazine...used S.P.O.R.T.S....and proceeded to hit and chase the beer can around that was being used as a target.

I left after getting a dirty look from the Carbine's owner when he was told by his buddy :
Damn man , he shoots your gun , better than you do..! " :D

While I can't do this every time ...it happens enough to know that it ain't always luck or a fluke.
Andy
Nobody likes a braggart….

;) :s0140:

Just kidding, it ain't bragging' if'n ya can do it! :s0155:

I would need all nine to see which one I shoot the best....:D
I shoot alright with just about any rifle or shotgun...pistols / revolvers however....I only shoot a few very well.
Andy
I like my Mk25, but I really like the 226 I got from No Regrets - he did a little trigger work on it (SRT and a lighter spring - I think it also has the better "Super" strut IIRC - if not I have a Super Strut to put in it), and of all my SIGs that one has the nicest trigger. I intend to send off my SIGs, one by one, to the SIG armorer to get the QTR system and some other work on it. If the first one is as nice as I hope, then the rest will get the same treatment.

I am slowly getting accoutrements for my guns, optics (mostly for rifles), holsters, etc. - I am pretty much thru buying guns and ammo.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top