JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guns or no guns, Dick's is already failing, and probably just digging themselves into a deeper hole by turning their backs on folks that could be core customers. They probably fail to realize that people that buy guns may just buy other sporting goods too. Oh well, it probably is just a matter of time before they go belly up - and then we can celebrate the loss of another group that is using it's influence (such as it is) to try and influence the removal of rights from American citizens.

Some financial info on them:

Dick's Sporting Goods Is Tumbling – But Don't Blame Its New Policy on Guns

Dick's Sporting Goods: Up A Creek Without A Paddle - Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (NYSE:DKS) | Seeking Alpha

I will - they will not receive a single penny from me going forward. There is no greater indication that something went wrong than going bankrupt. Maybe the rest of the remaining businesses will take note.

:rolleyes:
Those Dick's already know how I feel...and apparently really don't give a crap.

But hey, if they actually think they can save the store by pandering to hipsters, latte ladies and "helicopter moms", I'm not going to try and point out their stupidity...I'll just let them jump off their chosen cliff.

:)Look on the bright side, they are probably helping the local independent gun stores!

I put in my two cents, which is more than Dick's will ever get out of me again. What can we do about BOLI not going after these companies (Walmart, Dick's, Bi-mart, Fred Meyers) who are violating ORS 659A.403. ORS 659A.403 - Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited - 2017 Oregon Revised Statutes BOLI is not targeting these companies like they did sweet cakes bakery for violating the exact same law. In fact BOLI Commissioner Avakian is helping these companies by writing to the legislators and asking them to add an exemption to ORS 659A.403 for firearms so the stores can legally discriminate. I don't recall Commissioner Avakian writing a letter to the legislators asking them to add an exemption for cakes so the bakers could legally discriminate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top