JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hell YEAH! Let's make a huge media deal out of it, and then ban it's possession! Then they'll be stuck having to kill themselves with bacon.....Lot's and LOTS of bacon, ham......

Taking them apart just to put them back together again seems silly to me but to each their own.
A couple of thoughts:

1. Price. Sometimes "other peoples" reloads can be had very inexpensively.

2. Project for puttering around with. Which some gun people are prone to do a lot. Definitely not done for efficiency.

BLAH, Blah, blah......asking for "legal advice" on the internet.
Here I will deviate a bit, but it's on this point. Today in the Seattle Times, there was an article about people quitting their jobs these days and how it can have a contagious effect among other workers. Two women were cited as examples. Some of the phrases used by these women raised my eyebrows. Such as, "She sought advice on social media about how to start a business." Or how about, "... (she) drew comfort from her correspondence with friends on social media who were also navigating the post-paycheck territory." In high school gym class in my day, this was called "the blind leading the blind."

Another, "... (a) bond forged by resignation, as people look to one another for inspiration and affirmation." Yes, they are looking for other dumb-bells to agree with what they've done, which they themselves question.

Another, "... (a) bond forged by resignation, as people look to one another for inspiration and affirmation." Yes, they are looking for other dumb-bells to agree with what they've done, which they themselves question.
Back in the obama depression of 08-09 a lot of people were laid off work, myself included. So I started motorcycle rides and called them looking for work in all the wrong places. Different people from different places meeting randomly for lunch. Networking they now call it but we were just bored motorcyclests looking for something to do. We didn't try to solve the worlds problems , the bond being motorcycles so we chatted about that.

Taken from the link in Post #61.
In their letter to Amazon, seven House lawmakers pressed the company, saying that the ease and swiftness with which vulnerable people could buy the compound, called sodium nitrite, was a "grave concern."
I didn't want to......
But well. There it is.

Aloha, Mark

I am thinking about making an offer on some reloads a member is selling. There are three different cartridges about 2000 rounds total. I don't want to insult the guy as he seems proud of his work. How should I determine a fair value for them before submitting an offer?

When I retired I did so knowing I wanted to make a little ammo and sell it to support my compeditive shooting. Notice I didn't say make a living at it. As I looked into what it took to be legal and make a small profit I realized that if I made ammo and sold it at cost I didn't need an FFL. As soon as I added the "and then some" to the price I needed both insurance and an FFL. I couldn't get the insurance with out the FFL. With that documentation I decided to be more than a casual reloader and am now in fact a manufacturer or remanufacturer depending on if I use new brass or not. When I got my ATF inspection prior to getting issued my Class 06 FFL the agent said I did everything exactly right. Others can quibble about what is "too much" and all that but to me it was not worth my house to not have the insurance so once in, I decided to be all in.
So the 06 FFL is $30 a year, insurance is $200 a month and is the tax on ammo still at 10% of sale price?

How do you track and pay your ammo tax?

I am thinking about making an offer on some reloads a member is selling. There are three different cartridges about 2000 rounds total. I don't want to insult the guy as he seems proud of his work. How should I determine a fair value for them before submitting an offer?
That's a tough one given current market conditions and ammo/component availability in general.
Are you planning on shooting it or pulling it?

I would probably offer either .60 on the dollar at current market prices for that caliber of factory loaded ammo OR .50 on the dollar at current market prices of the combined components and I would use whichever number was lower myself (if I was making the first offer, I would prefer they throw out the first number myself)

As it has been made very clear by many members here the market for someone else's reloads is very limited and therefore not worth much money and the labor to pull and reassemble would be crazy unless you have nothing but free time and your looking for something to do to fill it....

Last Edited:
And there is no federal tax? I was always under the impression there was a federal tax of some sorts.
Nice to hear that is not the case!

Last Edited:
Ugh.

Yes, There is an 11% FAET on ammunition produced from a licensed manufacturer. If you have an 06 FFL you are supposed to pay an 11% excise tax in the ammunition you load for sale. There are some exemptions for reloading for others using their supplies but if you are reloading used shells for sale you have to oay the tax. Dont not pay the tax. Best case you get shut down when they audit you.

Three words.. com pon ents.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads