JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AR pistols are just like any pistol here. You no longer can buy the standard mags for it, have to settle for 10 rounders. If its shipped here it of course has to go to an FFL for the transfer. Like all hand guns there is a waiting period. Supposed to be no more than 10 days. Can often be a lot longer than that.
If you do not want to jump through the NFA hoops and make it an SBR, want it to stay a pistol, then no vertical fore grip. That's not WA law, that's fed law.
Would he be able to ship it to himself?

If he already owns it and in his possession, Federal law allows you to ship your own firearm to yourself. I admit, I'm not familiar enough with WA state law to know if they have something on their books against it, though. I don't think so, but they be cray cray up there lately. ;)

You mean a gun he already owns? If he already owns the gun itself its fine. Mags? Now he is pushing against the new laws here on "importing" them. If it was me? I would just move with them not ship them. Same with the gun. If I already owned it I would just move with it rather than ship it to myself if possible. In WA the problem so far is not the AR pistol, it would be the mags. Assuming he is not already a resident here, that he is moving to WA from another state where he is a legal resident. As always with this kind of thing though trusting the "net" with legal questions is fraught with risks. Take the wrong advice and end up in front of some black robe? They could care less what someone "told you".
As far as I know WA still does not yet have a problem with people owning an AR9 pistol. If voters keep putting the same people in office we should catch up to and pass CA before long. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top