JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New bill says you cant question the legality of newlaws except in leftist Marion county.

Senate Bill 348, Prozanski's omnibus anti-gun bill, is now scheduled for a "work session" on Monday at 1pm.

Work sessions are where bills are amended and passed to the floor for a vote of the entire Senate.

The Senate Judiciary Committee has a new amendment for the bill.

This amendment is 69 pages but the most important element is on the last page.

Under this amendment, it will be unlawful to challenge the clearly unconstitutional language of the bill anywhere but Marion County.

"SECTION 23. Any action challenging the legality, including the constitutionality, of this 2023 Act must be commenced in the Circuit Court for Marion County.

And people wonder why a large portion of the state is trying to move the border to become part of Idaho. They are fleeing Oregon's ruling communist party.

1680546348252.png

Aloha, Mark

It's Oregon, the people here will just be like "oh sure, want more of my rights? Here you go masters" Little by little, it's all incremental, it wont stop till you wake up and suddenly there is no difference between Communist China/Rusia and the new USA they are trying to make. First they have to disarm and that has been very easy thus far as long as the people continue to comply.

It's Oregon, the people here will just be like "oh sure, want more of my rights? Here you go masters" Little by little, it's all incremental, it wont stop till you wake up and suddenly there is no difference between Communist China/Rusia and the new USA they are trying to make. First they have to disarm and that has been very easy thus far as long as the people continue to comply.
Itching and moaning on an internet forum is useless. CALL AND WRITE THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND CAUSUS LEADERS.

Well, first off their effort to bury you in details in impressive. That's a lot of stuff to read and know, particularly gun dealers.

Second, restricting right of petition to the limits of the state capitol area is unreasonably limiting.

I'm not an Oregon resident. BUT: Re. the requirement to prove gun safety and handling training. I guess my qualification orders on the M14 Rifle wouldn't do me any good, being as how the new OR law says they have to be within the past 10 years. All that good army training gone up in smoke.

Help me understand. Does this mean people in other counties are no longer represented for challenging laws that affect them?

I know from semi-direct experience, elected officials listen to their district's constituents. If you're not a potential vote for them or a donor, your comments go in the round bin. They have no responsibility to represent your views. I have no illusions about my ability, with my Portland zip code, to influence an elected official representing, say Baker City - which, by the way is, a really beautiful place.

Like that'll have a giant impact, lol. In a real democracy, maybe yes - here, no way.
Whats a "real" democracy?
Were a Representative Democracy... our representatives listen to what gets them elected. If my opinion isnt winning it tells me im in a minority. I dont think most Oregonians care about their gun rights.

Foil hats off for a moment: Is there any precedent for this - like Marion Circuit Court being the lead circuit court for Oregon? Do other country court's get assigned similar precedence? Are other, smaller circuit courts unequipped to deal with the amount of filing they anticipate?

It is so cute people think that does anything.
Then help out the people doing the work in the courts. It takes money to work these lawsuits, Donate to whichever group you believe is doing something worthwhile.

You can roll over and just take it if you like, but it's rather cowardly to suggest others do the heavy lifting for you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top