JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Lol... portland voters dont vote for competent candidates - they dont even get the opportunity. Did you see the ballot last election?? There wasnt a competent candidate to vote on if you wanted to
I wouldn't expect it in the next few election cycles, but when the pain threshold of the average resident gets high enough they will either take action or leave. I don't think Wheeler will get another term and it's not guaranteed that he will make it all the way through this one.

I havent heard any explosions, or really seen much of anything aside from cops zipping around. But im on the other side o burnside. Walking over to pioneer square area now

Don't forget that RIGHT NOW our police force is pretty much decimated. Shhhh, don't tell anybody though. We're curretly living in a city were if you were to need an office right now to save a life, chances are there would be a death. "Police Brutality" MY bubblegum! You "defund the police" phuques should jump off a building.
14 months ago the Defund the Police mania was driven not just by the usual All Cops Are Bastards crazies and criminals, but in part by other local civil servants who expected, not unreasonably, the pandemic downturn to severely cut government revenue, so they were trying, like Russian peasants in a sleigh pursued by a wolf pack, to throw the cops to the wolves to preserve funds for their own jobs.

A year ago, many Democratic politicians responded to the anti-police crazies as if the Defund The Police idea was also appealing to mainstream Democratic voting blocs, such as teachers and social workers. Maybe it was for purely emotional or ideological reasons, but I like to look for self-interest as well: in the 2nd quarter of 2020, it looked like a lot of civil servants were going to get laid off, so there was a financial incentive to shout: "Defund the Police (not me)!"

But then it turned out that we could just have money-printer-go-brrrrrrrrrr (at least for awhile), so many local government agencies are now flush with cash. So now the conventional wisdom is that "Defund the Police" was just some insane Republican hallucination that nobody was ever for.

I havent heard any explosions, or really seen much of anything aside from cops zipping around. But im on the other side o burnside. Walking over to pioneer square area now
The action was out in NE Portland, by Parkrose High. Only thing that happenned downtown was ANTIFA harrassing some street preachers, as per usual.

Here is a pic of one of the home made explosives they threw.

IMG_2735[1].JPG

Here is your peaceful protesters standing up to police brutality. Flash bangs, likely airsoft versions, and homemade "tear gas" - likely bear spray laced home made smoke bombs were used, One flash bang was thrown into a crown of children and several were impacted by the bear spray bomb including the pastor. Sound reinforcement equipment was thrown into the Willamette after the worshipers left.

Come on man! Thems was bigots and racists! Antifa better be careful. You mace me or my kid unprovoked what ya get back might be a whole lot more then ya bargin for.

Here is your peaceful protesters standing up to police brutality. Flash bangs, likely airsoft versions, and homemade "tear gas" - likely bear spray laced home made smoke bombs were used, One flash bang was thrown into a crown of children and several were impacted by the bear spray bomb including the pastor. Sound reinforcement equipment was thrown into the Willamette after the worshipers left.

Not clicking any links on this forum, sorry - probably already on enough watch lists, dont need to add far right extremist to that.

but im guessing your links contain people not peacefully protesting...? so your argument, whatever it is? Is invalid dawg.

i can show you five bajillion videos of people actually peacefully protesting... would that somehow score against you? No, because you have videos of people rioting, so "invalid, DAWG!"

come at me w some substance. I love debating with you guys, but you gotta throw substance at me. I just am not gonna have anything to say in response to wonky false conclusions

"these people are rioting! So your peaceful protest is wrong!" Doesnt make any sense..

Well about 10 cops just went screaming east on burnside.. and theres still more coming, so som'n fun just went down over toward the river.. but im already walking home and committed to that

Not clicking any links on this forum, sorry - probably already on enough watch lists, dont need to add far right extremist to that.

but im guessing your links contain people not peacefully protesting...? so your argument, whatever it is? Is invalid dawg.

i can show you five bajillion videos of people actually peacefully protesting... would that somehow score against you? No, because you have videos of people rioting, so "invalid, DAWG!"

come at me w some substance. I love debating with you guys, but you gotta throw substance at me. I just am not gonna have anything to say in response to wonky false conclusions

"these people are rioting! So your peaceful protest is wrong!" Doesnt make any sense..
Of course you don't want to watch something that confronts your world view. I've personally never encountered AntiFa that didn't act like violent aggressive thugs. Of course you will deny association, after all the rioters are ALWAYS people not associated that just showed up. Of course,..

There will always be an excuse,

These are freaking YouTube videos.not links to dox you to some neo NAZI fascists or to put a virus on your computer or smart phone. You can pull them up on YT if you wish with a simple search "antifa church service portland", but I know you won't because you are afraid of the reality. Go ahead and stand with people that throw incendiary devices into a small crowd of children.

Of course you don't want to watch something that confronts your world view. I've personally never encountered AntiFa that didn't act like violent aggressive thugs. Of course you will deny association, after all the rioters are ALWAYS people not associated that just showed up. Of course,..

These are freaking YouTube videos.not links to dox you to some neo NAZI fascists or to put a virus on your computer or smart phone. You can pull them up on YT if you wish with a simple search "antifa church service portland", but I know you won't because you are afraid of the reality. Go ahead and stand with people that throw incendiary devices into a small crowd of children.
All i got fer ya is an eyeroll, my dawg.

Statistically, if you add up all the hours spent doing what they do, I wonder who hurts more innocent people, the police, or the "mostly peacefull protesters"?

Whitest city Ive ever been in and no one else in the country is paying any attention to Portland. Are they still protesting something?

He wants to substitute our reality with his fantasy, bless his heart!
Welcome to the machine
Have the T shirt. Grew up with a bunch of lefties that never completely made it to the adult stage. I don't talk politics except with a few very close friends so pretty much fly under the radar with them. It's all the same stuff. They see the things they the way they want through tinted glasses and stay in denial of the rest. At least they don't do obvious plausible deniability moves like some who do know what is really going on and are good with it.

As people and old friends I value them, but there is no way to educate. It's also useful to stay in touch because a few are on the inside in a useful idiot way and occasionally let things slip. It's good to have some insight and since they are local I will likely know if something is coming my way.

And folks say Veterans would never turn on their fellow Americans. The guys on the Shawn Ryan show said don't be so certain about that….

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads