JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just came across this guy's design for a simple knock down shooting bench. It's made out of one sheet of 3/4" plywood. This is just what I've been looking for to take with me when I shoot out in the woods. Simple and compact. Here's the website:

<broken link removed>

On the left click on the "shooting accessories" folder. Then click on the "knockdown shooting bench" folder.

* I just noticed that it takes a couple minutes for the PDF plans to show up after you click on the "plans" tab. Thought I'd note that so you don't think the guy's website is screwed up.

hehehe.........I am typical male........read the first part of the post, followed the link...........couldn't figure out why the website was so slow.......then read the rest of the post.......

Thanks for the note on the slowness of the website.

simpleguy,

It took me a while to figure out what was going on too. On the forum where I found this design one guy posted a few times that he couldn't get the plans to load. Probably the same problem. I've never seen that before.

This is very close to the design of the one that I bought last year from a fellow forum member. Mine is made more like a picnic table with a bench on only one side, plus it has a cutout tabletop to allow the right shooting posture.

It's heavy, and it wobbles. I set it up right next to the car, so the weight doesn't really matter, but the wobble can be a problem. I have to consciously push with my feet to pre-load it in one direction before it'll stay still. Shooting rimfire it's no problem, but I'll bet .308Win would be a different story.

I have taken this design and modified it to be able to set it up for left or right hand shooters, made it to lock together tighter, have hand hole cutouts to handle the parts with and made a little more crotch clearance ;)

I have a cabinet shop and have been cutting them on a CNC router. Thought about trying to sell them, but the cost out of good quality materials like 13 ply Baltic Birch, the cost is probably ore than most people would pay and close or equal to a store bought folding shooting bench.

Looks like he's loading a pdf through a java front-end. Which is clunky if not coded properly; the pdf has to load into your browser's memory

TLDR; Gonna take a while to load with the way his site is set up.

I have taken this design and modified it to be able to set it up for left or right hand shooters, made it to lock together tighter, have hand hole cutouts to handle the parts with and made a little more crotch clearance ;)

I have a cabinet shop and have been cutting them on a CNC router. Thought about trying to sell them, but the cost out of good quality materials like 13 ply Baltic Birch, the cost is probably ore than most people would pay and close or equal to a store bought folding shooting bench.

bmgm3,

do you have any schematics of your table drawn up? Or any good detailed pictures? I'm curious how you made it to lock together tightly and what you did to adjust the 'keel' piece to allow for more crotch room.

i'm really happy to see this post.......as i'v been trying to put one of these together for my wife & i !
also looks like you can adlib a little on front leg cutouts to cut down on lbs., and not to much problem to modify the crotch area so one can slide in a little further (kids, wife, short arm folks)
thanks for the post !!

steven

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews