JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ramped barrel- have not had good luck with those in .45. Send it back to Kimber and make them fix it, if it can be fixed. 1911s that small are very finicky creatures. Even one that runs great can suddenly start choking if the recoil spring or magazine spring starts losing it's oomph.

I've owned a number of 1911, still have a customized Springfield Loaded that runs fantastic. Never had a problem with any but the one and only Kimber I've never owned. The number of people on this thread along saying they had to send theirs back to the factory is enough for one to question the brand.

I've gotten lucky with 1911s. Any issue I've had was easily solved by either polishing feed ramps or swapping out mags. I've had more problems with factory new Glocks than I've had with any other platform, but again, easy fixes with one (a g30s) having to go to Smyrna for a checkup. Between @nammac and @Cerberus Group (im sure there are other experienced 1911 folks here but those two helped me immensely) I've been able to solve any problems I've had with mine.
I will say, this thread and others like it have me questioning buying a Kimber. I have several Filipino 1911s and one Brazilian Springfield, with minimal issues, and it seems like the majority of issues are with kimbers.
@nammac how do like your Ronins? I've been considering one of the commander models, but don't want to have to put on an ambi safety at home.

I went down that road. Spent ALOT of money on factory 1911s. Love the ergonomics. Love the grip angle. Love the look. But every single one of them had issues. Finally I cut my losses. I have buddies that have and run 1911s and swear by them but that simply wasn't my luck. And I'm not known for my patience haha.
Patience is a virtue, just not a virtue that I possess.

I had that issue on a 10mm , jammed like it was catching the brass where the bullet met it…did a polish on the ramp and chamber then did a slight chamfer (throat) at the sharp edge of the chamber made it a kinda rounded then it fed all kinds of cheap Ammo even s&b. But as stated you could have a mag or mag position issue (most likely), could be something with the link or ramp cut too does the barrel ramp sit flush with the frame part or? Have you tore it down and made sure there's not any debris in places it shouldn't be? Looks like a nice gun if you were closer I'd offer to look it over for you.

I had that issue on a 10mm , jammed like it was catching the brass where the bullet met it…did a polish on the ramp and chamber then did a slight chamfer (throat) at the sharp edge of the chamber made it a kinda rounded then it fed all kinds of cheap Ammo even s&b. But as stated you could have a mag or mag position issue (most likely), could be something with the link or ramp cut too does the barrel ramp sit flush with the frame part or? Have you tore it down and made sure there's not any debris in places it shouldn't be? Looks like a nice gun if you were closer I'd offer to look it over for you.
Clean and lube it every time I shoot it. Things look like they should.

I'll start by saying I have a thimble full of knowledge gunsmithing 1911, just shoot and maintain them. From talking with several others who know more than I, and from 2 out of 3 personal experiences, some seem to have an extractor adjustment issues from the factory. Recommendation would be to call them and send it back. Ours came back quickly and have been awesome ever since. It's free, and if it doesn't work you are not out anything.

I have put enough rounds through mine that I'm completely comfortable carry it including several boxes of my carry ammo. Just my $.02.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top