JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always recommend grease over oil...grease stays where you want it.

As for grease...mix lubriplate, high temp grease and synthetic motor oil. The motor oil is used to get a "honey" like consistency

It's not getting to the barrel ramp, have to re rack the slide for it to eject. Never gets stuck to where it won't clear easily.
I'd be willing to bet there's some roughness on the frame feed ramp, a light polish to give it a more mirror finish will most likely resolve your feed issue. You'd be surprised what microscopic tool marks can do…

1632935014047.png

Getting good advice, photos will help. Two of our three Kimbers had to be sent back in the first month. Now they run perfect. Shouldn't need to do this but it is what it is. Every other 1911 we have, has ran out of the box.

Seems like the it's not stripping the rounds off the mag stack with enough energy to fully chamber a round in battery, I would look at the breach face and make sure it's nice and smooth with no groves or tool marks, and also check the clearance of the extractor, if it's fighting the case rim as it's trying to push a round into battery, that's going to stop things up some! Take the slide off and see if you can fit a fired case under the extractor nice and easy, and that the case slides nice and smooth up the breach face!

Seems like the it's not stripping the rounds off the mag stack with enough energy to fully chamber a round in battery, I would look at the breach face and make sure it's nice and smooth with no groves or tool marks, and also check the clearance of the extractor, if it's fighting the case rim as it's trying to push a round into battery, that's going to stop things up some! Take the slide off and see if you can fit a fired case under the extractor nice and easy, and that the case slides nice and smooth up the breach face!
First couple rounds shoot fine then seems like once per mag that happens. It's not one mag, quarantined them they all have same results.

Let me present the solution….. in all seriousness I hope you figure out the issue. I know the feeling as well and it's extremely frustrating.

AB8612CC-AB1A-4870-9CFD-F1F96AE41199.jpeg

That's going to be the solution pretty soon! Going to be a very expensive paper weight if I can't trust it.
I went down that road. Spent ALOT of money on factory 1911s. Love the ergonomics. Love the grip angle. Love the look. But every single one of them had issues. Finally I cut my losses. I have buddies that have and run 1911s and swear by them but that simply wasn't my luck. And I'm not known for my patience haha.

My Kimber Ultra Carry only likes Kimber and Wilson mags and needs the recoil springs replaced every 300 rounds to run seamlessly — and it's a full house custom. Good luck. Those 3" lightweights are a ton of fun and a lot of gun in a small package, but yeah, definitely more picky than a government model.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top