JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I will be eating about 1000 calories a day. This roughly equals the amount of energy the body's organs burn at rest per day. That means any other energy expenditures will have to come from my generously sized reserves. I will post a screenshot of my food intake and weigh in each day starting Sunday morning through the last day Friday the 27th.

Here is link to where I found estimates of organ energy expenditures.

200 for liver, 240 for brain, 440 for heart and kidneys, 13 for skeletal muscle, 4.5 for adipose tissue, and 12 for residual organs and tissues.

I just weighed in at 207 on the nose, Organ Diet starts today.

20220521_053628.jpg

Edit: I am trying to get to 200 or less by July 4th. That will leave me with July, Aug, Sept and Oct to shed the remaining 25lbs.

Last Edited:
Some might consider a 1000 calorie diet extreme but consider this. I have an extra 32 lbs of adipose tissue on me which translates into roughly 112,000 calories of energy reserves. I have until the end of Oct or 160ish days to use up that 112,000 calories. That means I need to burn about 700 calories per day of my reserves. I am not sure what my total daily energy expenditure is on a typical day but it is probably not much too much higher than 1700 calories. I would rather not wait until the last day of my weightloss challenge to make my goal weight so I will want my TDEE to be higher than 700 calories plus whatever calories I am taking in everyday.

You might want to do some reading on metabolic set point and adjust your calculations accordingly. A simple calculation of calories vs basal metabolic rate over time is inaccurate because your body changes as it reacts to the diet.

Edit - just noticed this is a six day diet. So set point probably won't impact you.

You might want to do some reading on metabolic set point and adjust your calculations accordingly. A simple calculation of calories vs basal metabolic rate over time is inaccurate because your body changes as it reacts to the diet.

Edit - just noticed this is a six day diet. So set point probably won't impact you.
I have been doing a lot of research regarding adaptive thermogenesis. I think it's very difficult to know how much of that occurs. The research studies are all over the place. I am going to have to keep the calories lower for the next four months or so, hopefully not at 1000.

Biolayne made this video on how the fat cells shrink, multiply and regain a set point with yo yo dieting.

Yup.

I think of (cardio) exercise as not as a way to lose weight but as a hedge against metabolic slowing.

Somebody who knows way more than me about this stuff commented that he lifts weights as the same kind of hedge. Makes sense to me.

Not a good start to my diet weigh in, scale said 208.2lbs this morning, yesterday was 207lbs. I just about hit my target of 1000 calories but went a little over. The only food I didn't count was spinach, romaine lettuce and a tomato. I got in three walks yesterday and a few minutes of resistance exercise.

I came up short hitting my protein goal and I might have to revise that goal downwards or bump up the calories a bit to get 170grams of protein a day. If I continue this 1000 calorie diet beyond the six days I will probably add a cheat meal day in once a week and bump the calories up to 1200 per day.

20220522_054818.jpg

Screenshot_20220522-060751.png

Screenshot_20220522-060808.png

Screenshot_20220522-060817.png

Screenshot_20220522-060833.png

In that case.

Yes, that dress, makes your arze look huge. ;)
I cut my caffeine intake way back for this diet. Maybe my body is relaxing a bit and hanging on to more water, without the diuretic effect of the caffeine? I am going to stick with the diet through at least Thursday, I know the weight gain can't be from fat as I have eaten less than 4000 total calories (including vege) since Saturday morning. My metabolic rate may be low but it ain't that low. I am going to take two caffeine pills tonight (400mg total) and see if that does anything for me. Work is going to be a real slog again this week.

Body may be going into "starvation" mode and storing the fat, instead of burning it.
I am eating just enough calories to supply my organs with enough energy to function. It seems impossible that my body could be finding an energy surplus at this level of caloric restriction. I have been losing weight at 1500 calories per day (plus vege) but not fast enough to make my goal. I haven't found a physiological explanation for the "woosh" effect but I am betting that it happens to me this week (I hope).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top