JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd argue that feast or famine is how a few million years of human evolution has built humans. If you can discipline yourself to that periodic induced famine cycle youre really kind of mimicking the paleolithic human experience. I dont think thats really a bad thing.
That's the basis of intermittent fasting. Man has always had the ability to switch up metabolism quickly... it's only modern times that is been forgotten.

You ran a caloric deficit of 2625 calories per day for 60 days? And you said your basal metabolic rate is 2800/day. So you ate 175 calories per day for 60 days. Right.
Yes. I ate 1000 calories per day for two months and lost 45 lbs in two months. I was younger and had a higher metabolic rate I suppose. I was quite active and had a job running up and down 3 flights of stairs a hundred or more times a week . I typically lose 30 lbs in two months on 1600 calories a day and I will this time too. I have complete records going back 12 years and thats pretty typical. Im dropping 41 lbs this time and that will be complete 1st to 2nd week of April .

Last Edited:
From what i understand, its how humans are made. Feast or Famine. its why we put on weight so easy, but histocaly we would burn that weight off when there was not much or any food, unlike today where we have pretty much unlimited food

Just about at the month point. Hit the scale and Ive lost 22.5 lbs in 29 days Dropped a couple of lbs yesterday because I drank some whiskey last night. I expected that. Just dehydration really. You get very attuned to what foods you eat and drinks will do to short term weight differences. I still record them though . That was a bit of a milestone though as Ive dropped from the 260's to the 230's in a matter of 4 weeks. At this point I'm looking at if the diet is working, am I miserable, can I keep it up given my work schedule. I travel a lot. I had wondered if I could but now , yeah I think I can comfortably keep this up a while so I am shifting my end goal down to 190 lbs which will be a net loss of 72 lbs and Im targeting the end of June. That will be a lb every 3 days which should be easy enough to do . My calorie consumption has averaged right at 1550 per day for the month and Ive been doing quite a bit of cycling so Im pretty comfortable with this new goal. I'm 6'3" and 190 is still on the high side of "normal" weight but its not "obese" or "overweight" . I just got back from a business trip to Amarillo and thats a hard town to diet in because theres a steak place on every corner. Not terrible to do though 300 calories for breakfast , 300 for lunch and that allows for a 21 ounce sirloin with no sides for dinner.. Not bad. I noticed the other day that I'm starting to look at food and at obese people like an anorexic does because at this point well, I am at least temporarily, one. .

Hit 30 lbs of weight loss today at the 57 day point. I strictly record everything I eat . Last month I averaged exactly 1600 calories per day. This month so far Im at 1601 so I need to drop 27 calories off today .

Crazy thread. I want to say congrats on the weight loss, but it sounds like your lifestyle supersedes your health. I commend your efforts, but being married to a registered dietician, no not a tv health expert, I'd say your going about this in an unhealthy way. Sure it may seem scientific and mathematical, but your body doesn't like change this drastic. It's not so much a math problem to be solved it's bigger than that.

If asked why you put on the weight each year, would that be a mathematical problem? There is more there than you might realize. Sounds more like the home is what needs fixed if you gain such large quantities of weight wherever you are stuck in it.

Registered dieticians Meh.

The biggest issue in the last year is I went from a management role in a factory where I spent 3/4 of the day on my feet and walking 20,000 steps a day to a work from home job where I dont do bubblegum 1/2 the time and then travel and eat the other half. This is part of a major lifestyle adjustment I have committed to. I now bike 25-30 miles a week and once this brokeback mountain diet ( worst thing I can think of on short notice ) is over in 6 months I fully intend on continuing the regimen at maintenance level. Im 56 years old if I can drop 70 lbs and maintain it, it is a testament to my willpower which I will gladly take as a consummate narcissist.

Yes, I averaged 1600 calories a day this month Some were low, some were high. I looked at my consumption today and realized I had room for 11 oz of Crown this evening to end the month at 1602 calories per day and believe me I am not suffering.

Last Edited:
@wired, have been following your progress and am impressed with your tenacity :) Good on you for slaying it.

I decided to drop weight and get in shape for summer backpacking. My goal is to loose about 40 pounds (about my pack weight for a 5/6 day backcountry trip). I am eating like a carnivore. Started 16 January and lost 16 lbs in 14 days. Still losing weight and about halfway to my goal. All I did was eat beef, chicken, liver, eggs, bacon, fish and butter. No carbs, no alcohol. I eat generally two meals a day, around 11 AM and then again before 5 PM, eat until I am full, don't count calories and I noticed results almost immediately. I've had arthritis in my hands for the past 10/12 years. After three days, my arthritis was gone. No joke. Gone. I have great energy throughout the day, sleep great, feel great, mood is much better (as my wife will attest :) ). Sounds like a miracle diet, and it just might be.

I have probably watched 60 to 80 hours of Youtube videos on carnivore/keto. I read in the comments section of the videos a common theme. People who are on carnivore saying that they have lost 40, 50, 60, 70, 100 lbs, no longer Type 2 diabetic or are no longer pre diabetic, no longer on medication, lab results are the best they have ever seen, their doctor asking them how have they done it.

Recently went to Mexico for 10 days and fell off the wagon. I ate and drank like a native - tequila, cerveza, tortillas, tacos, enchiladas, veggies and some pastries :rolleyes: . I came back 11 pounds heavier (about half of that was water weight or maybe tequila/cerveza weight). I am back on the meat wagon and have already dropped my Mexico weight.

It may not be for everyone, but if you are curious about Carnivore and if you might benefit, recommend watching videos from Dr Ken Berry and Dr Eric Berg.

And a testimonial from a doctor who has been on carnivore for 4 months and his thoughts:

I tried carnivore and it plugged me up solid. Like real bad. Even now it's taken 2 months for my gut to normalize. Part of the drop in insulin from the drastic reduction in carb loading causing mild dehydration. As of this morning I'm down 33 lbs in 59 days , I don't get hungry and I have zero loss of energy. Just got back from a 5 mile bike ride. My joints don't hurt and I feel great . Plus I have a tremendous sense of accomplishment. Haven't felt this good in years. Another 35 lbs or so and I'll be on cloud 9. Then I have to work on a maintenance plan.

I think pure carnivore is dumb. The Paul Saladino/carnivoreMD type of carnivore, where you also eat fruit and dairy and honey is better.

I also think that they unnecessarily eliminate certain vegetables that have proven benefits.

I think pure carnivore is dumb. The Paul Saladino/carnivoreMD type of carnivore, where you also eat fruit and dairy and honey is better.

I also think that they unnecessarily eliminate certain vegetables that have proven benefits.
Its also brutally expensive

74 Days and 35 lbs weight loss. About where I expected. Biking 30 minutes a day at a 11 MPH pace which doesn't doesnt sound fast but its all up and down hill with some steep grades. I did have a off day last Friday where I at half a pizza and drank a bottle of whisky but I have absorbed that into my monthly average and as of yesterday Im right at 1600 per day average for march

Day 79.
Hit 40.2 lbs of weight loss this morning largely due to my incredible mind boggling bowel movement yesterday. Pretty impressive what trident gum will do. Sorbitol. Good stuff. If you want details let me know. I have 1.4 lbs to lose by the end of the month to stay on schedule of 220 lbs by April 1.

I have been biking at noon as often as weather and work permits which is 5-6 days a week. I started struggling at 3.5 miles a day and coming home exhausted then one day I rode 8 miles or so . Came home and passed out cold for 2 hours. I can only assume from Hypoglycemia due to my morning being usually devoid of carbs. Since then i started chewing a couple of sugar cubes 20 minutes or so before leaving and again when I get back and Ive been able to double my ride time or more without getting tired. It all comes off the daily 1600 calorie total.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top