JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok total newbie getting started with reloading and I have chosen a Lee Loader set up and 45Colt. I have bought some new brass along with some I saved and I have some large handgun primers inbound. I want to build some target ammo in the 800-900fps range. I am looking for suggestions on what powder(s) to use and how best(cheapest really) to clean my brass. I was thinking of using lead bullets in semi wad cutter form but the choices are wide. I would appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks!

I use 12gr blue dot for 230, 250 and 260gr I also use unique @8.5gr these will be in the FPS you want. I didnt bother cleaning my brass until 3 loads in but you can use the liquid brass cleaner and air dry. I have an old rock tumbler that I use walnut media in to tumble when needed. Been wanting to get a sonic cleaner but have not yet.

If you want or need any info/help just let me know. This is the cartridge that I started with as well and just the savings for the 45lc paid for the initial investment. Depending on the firearm you have I also have a favorite load for 300gr bullets.

I use HS6 (9.0 to 9.3 GR) with 250 GR Cast FP from Missouri Bullet Co.
This was my first project with the same equipment too; I started with LP Mag primers but I backed off and went with reg primers because of leading.

I clean my cases with corn in a Lyman tumbler; sometimes I add a little hoppies #9 or car wax.

On the LC, I take the time to seal the primers because they are exposed to the rain when in the cylinder or cowboy belts.

I found a "bandwidth-burner" about the LC online; if you want to see this lengthy document, send me a PM with your email.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top