JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Respect your view and appreciate the dialog. I think we agree that certain platforms like Facebook, Twitter, to a lesser but still significant extent YouTube are horrible at "fact checking" and censoring. Personally, I refuse to support FB and the bird and have no accounts with them. We are on the same page with that.

I find plenty of free people who are making it work like JP, Good Patriot, Warrior Poet. Some are creating their own platforms to avoid the censorship. We agree big tech is bad. I just think that there are ways around big tech and censorship. I would urge you to check out some of JP's videos. I'm betting you would actually agree with much of what he has to say (and even more, how he says it).
At this old age I have heard a lot of what people say and frankly not much comes from those words. It seems they just want to be heard saying the other side of what the big tech won't say. There are guys worthy of listening to but it's all opinions, it's never foundation to build on to make change.

I look at a lot of sites from all over the world with today's news, both media and bloggers. This guy said he changed his mind on gun ownership, is that news or opinion? Sounds like opinion if it's not backed up with visual action. Certainly his 2.2 million followers will see his new lifestyle before long. Open carry, concealed, build an AR, take some defense classes. Lol if the guy is real then his followers will see.

Anyway it doesn't matter.

Not sure how you derived that from my comment…. But whatever floats your boat. I dont agree with or endorse any form of mandate.
Don't own a boat, never have and never will.:s0142:I do get thrown into the sea as a hater for an opinion now and then. It's opinion folks have lost the civility for decent discussion. Glad I don't have many years left.

Don't own a boat, never have and never will.:s0142:I do get thrown into the sea as a hater for an opinion now and then. It's opinion folks have lost the civility for decent discussion. Glad I don't have many years left.
Cheers to you.

8F655BA8-2CDE-4EC5-AB2F-B857F4AF646E.jpeg

I used to have a subscription for the dark blend but dumped it when they did their NYT interview. Wonder how they are doing now.:D
Great. It's funny how everyone wants to trash New York Times cause we all know it's a bunch of lies. But then they blindly believe a story that comes out about BRCC because it fits the emotion they hold towards the company. Either way I will continue to drink their coffee and I'm ok with it. If you see who that group of guys associate themselves with and are surrounded by it speaks volumes in itself.

I happened upon a video of his a few years ago and could not watch it anymore, he is not my taste for comedy.
Just think of how many opinions he's swayed to the wokeness when he was anti gun, I wonder if this is going to outnumber it?
I would hope so but then again I don't trust celebrities or politicians.

Great. It's funny how everyone wants to trash New York Times cause we all know it's a bunch of lies. But then they blindly believe a story that comes out about BRCC because it fits the emotion they hold towards the company. Either way I will continue to drink their coffee and I'm ok with it. If you see who that group of guys associate themselves with and are surrounded by it speaks volumes in itself.
After decades of being a life member at the local gun club it's pretty easy to see who walks the walk. Have a great day.

I happened upon a video of his a few years ago and could not watch it anymore, he is not my taste for comedy.
Just think of how many opinions he's swayed to the wokeness when he was anti gun, I wonder if this is going to outnumber it?
This is a great point!

Dude is not my cup of tea, either, BUT, most guys with my sensibilities are already onboard.

We need someone to appeal to the soy boys.

His reach matters where ours is non-existent.

He is not a guy I watch regularly, however, I have seen enough to know what he's about. His entire persona is to make fun of the "woke" and has undoubtedly swayed many away from "the wokeness." He's considered a right wing comedian.

Last Edited:
I never watched the video, heck I don't use fakebook or Twitter and could care less what's said. 547k did view his video I guess but 547k would give any TV show the lowest viewer ratings in a time slot. It would be tough to sell commercial time on something with so few viewers.

Just saying that I doubt his message reaches many people.
He's got more followers there than I have on here. I know, hard to believe, right? :s0108:

JP Sears is the sh*t.

Trust me. Give him a chance. He gets more truth thru the YouTube algorithms with his parody/comedy stye than you'd imagine!

After decades of being a life member at the local gun club it's pretty easy to see who walks the walk. Have a great day.
I'm an RO at my range and I've seen more than one long term and/or lifetime member break safety rules and do it with an attitude. Im not sure where you're coming from there.

I'm an RO at my range and I've seen more than one long term and/or lifetime member break safety rules and do it with an attitude. Im not sure where you're coming from there.
With decades of being an RO at our club I too have seen a lot. After so long you profile folks and watch some closer than others. Most members don't have a lot of range time and can't remember the rules, that's why we have RO for the range and moderators to keep us all safe. Safety is a team effort with everyone part of keeping us all safe. It's not a one man rule but every man working together. Folks who shoot a lot know their own, we all make mistakes but we carry each other to keep it all safe. Above all, safety is an attitude and by God I do have that one.:D

I doubt you will ever see JR Sears doing a safety lesson on the net but he will get commendations for changing his mind.

Popularity in social media has a compounding effect. If you consistently get 100k+ viewers per video, you're not doing great - just doing OK (consistently being the operative word). Having 2 million + subscribers and 500k+ views per video consistently puts you in the top 1% of content creators. It means your content is 100x more likely to be recommended to new people through related content displays and next up playlists, and the video views are just the starting point - viewers share what they like, giving that content even more exposure. So, say what you want about the guy, but his content gets viewed and shared by a metric ton of people, and a large volume of people seeing a formerly anti-gun dude say he was wrong, and guns are really important... that's a good thing.

Comedians are also more likely to be listened to by folks from the other side of the political spectrum than anyone else, because good comedy is based on shared or relatable life experiences, and those typically transcend political boundaries. An anti-gun person viewing a political statement about guns will tune out because it contradicts their world view. The same person viewing comedy that happens to be pro-gun is more likely to watch it through because the content is not overtly trying to convince them of something contrary to their beliefs. And when they listen to that comedy, they are more likely to pick up on the grains of truth that it is based on, which does ultimately end up challenging their beliefs. Maybe only a little, but every little bit helps.

One other thing... admitting that you were wrong isn't easy. Admitting that you were wrong in a public forum to millions of people takes some serious balls. I've seen a few of the guy's videos, don't follow him, don't care about him one way or another, but it takes character to do what he did, and I respect him for that.

@Longwalkhome I'm glad you take the time to engage and express opinions here but you are truly showcasing your lack of knowledge on how the world wide web and social media work and I would never expect you to fully wrap your head around it or entirely accept the concept. I will go ahead and claim this quote as I said almost 17 years ago. I never read or even heard it uttered by another soul. "God won't end the world, the internet will". Let me take you back to the early 90s when I helped my friend start a dial up isp service. This was a slightly more sophisticated way of connecting to the web with computers that had dial up modems during a time when everybody else was latching onto the America Online tit. Maybe you recall all the free AOL CDs that came in the mail? Yeah I was there. Been there and done all that. I even helped promote the internet to a major sport and worked with team owners and their PR staff in creating and maintaining team web sites and even got sports figures to participate by writing blogs. I hit a lot of block walls in those days. The team owners and the majority of sports figures were reluctant to dive in. Looking back now, I don't blame them. The only reason I had an in is I had previously worked for a handful of those teams in other roles. Don't get me wrong here, you're a good egg, and just set in your ways. I get that! However some of your replies involving social media and influencers are quite off base and incorrect. Moving forward we just have to accept the fact that zoom meetings, virtual town halls, podcasts, and debates are more widely accepted over the internet and social media platforms vs. the days of old. This is where the world is headed like it or not. It's entirely your right to decide how you proceed. I'm glad I'm old enough to appreciate and miss the antiquated way of living. I have no qualms moving off grid and having minimal electronic communications with the outside world. I'm hoping some day to cut wires and become a little more engaged with nature again.

Last Edited:
I have NO clue who this man is and I may watch the video later on.

Thanks for the LINK, OP.

If a person learns more about guns and the RKBA issue - I think that is a good thing.

I do not know if the man is SINCERE or not. He may be.

NO one should force a person to LIKE or buy guns or NOT like or not buy guns. It is a personal decision.

But with that said, it seems to me that there are MORE people on the ANTI side who get MOST of the attention than the NORMAL, SANE, HONEST, RESPONSIBLE, SAFE and PROFICIENT SHOOTERS - gun owners out there in this country.

OP, thank you again.

Cate

I have NO clue who this man is and I may watch the video later on.

Thanks for the LINK, OP.

If a person learns more about guns and the RKBA issue - I think that is a good thing.

I do not know if the man is SINCERE or not. He may be.

NO one should force a person to LIKE or buy guns or NOT like or not buy guns. It is a personal decision.

But with that said, it seems to me that there are MORE people on the ANTI side who get MOST of the attention than the NORMAL, SANE, HONEST, RESPONSIBLE, SAFE and PROFICIENT SHOOTERS - gun owners out there in this country.

OP, thank you again.

Cate
I watched the video.

I hope that he is sincere and that this video outnumbers the one that he did that was ANTI RKBA as another poster said.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA