JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What?? This thread just jumped the shark.

Sorry, I guess I added to the con fusion.

But what I said about fusion is true. The stars run on fusion and produced all of the heavy elements out of hydrogen (at least that is what they teach us these days). I suspect they will mostly make platinum as it has great value as the catalytic element in an electrical producting hydrogen fuel cell.

If we make enough gold we can pay back the national debt. Honest, if we can stop from killing each other, and promote fusion power, there is a technological future for the human race that takes us to the stars.

If we make enough gold we can pay back the national debt.

That is what they are doing now - printing (making) increasingly worthless US$, which will result in them paying down the debt via monetary inflation (cheaper US$). Don't need gold to do that - creating more and more money out of thin air is even easier!

I'll bet you 2 cans of chili and 6 rounds of .357 that you will never see artificially produced gold. Artificially producing something that is a financial asset (a store of value) would make no sense since the value could theoretically drop to zero via oversupply. Oh wait - that is what they are already doing with paper $. We are doomed! Run for the hills! We are doooooomed!:s0054:

I'll bet you 2 cans of chili and 6 rounds of .357 that you will never see artificially produced gold.
I'm in. I see your two cans of chili and six rounds of .357 and raise you two rounds of .30-06 AP and a can of spam.
I'll raise a spam can o' x39 and answer with....every commodity can and has had it's price manipulated..........even dirt ain't free.......If they invented a machine that'd chew our food and wipe our backsides(or make free gold or oil or anything)...It'd only cost 60 or so hours of work each week to buy it......and still...the best things in life are free........

"Everything, and everyone, has a price."

You pay for food, clothing, sunglasses, physical items.
You pay for the plumber to fix your toilet, mechanic to fix your car, skillset items.

When it happens, it'll just be another change. We went from skill as payment, to gold coins, to dollar bills. Next, could be one of those previously mentioned currencies, to the silver and gold in your safe, the bullets in your closet, or start over at skill.

..Don't know where I was going with that, but, change will happen, just be ready for it.

..Don't know where I was going with that, but, change will happen, just be ready for it.

obama-change.jpg

sorry, couldn't resist.

Yet most of the people have no idea whats going on with the dollar;

Most Americans have no idea what is happening to the economy. Many people think America is emerging from a vicious little recession, and will soon be back on the road to prosperity. America always has, so it always will, is the common reasoning.

Yet this time, things may turn out very different.

On January 8, cnbc reported that the U.S. Federal Reserve purchased an unprecedented 80 percent of all U.S. treasury securities issued in 2009.

This is earth-shaking, game-changing news with possibly lethal repercussions. Here is why.
http://www.thetrumpet.com/print.php?q=6933.5451.0.0

lets rack up some more debt;

Treasury expects to hit debt limit in February

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Treasury Department said Wednesday it expects to hit the government's debt ceiling by the end of February, putting pressure on Congress to raise the limit from its current level of $12.4 trillion.

Treasury said it is working closely with Congress to raise the ceiling. The Senate has approved legislation to increase it by $1.9 trillion to $14.3 trillion. A ceiling that high would equal about $45,000 for every American. The House is expected to vote on the increase Thursday.

Congress approved a smaller increase of $290 billion in late December, allowing the government to borrow for about two more months.

Matthew Rutherford, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Federal Finance, said a $1.9 trillion rise would enable the government to continue borrowing into 2011.

<broken link removed>

The Senate has approved legislation to increase it by $1.9 trillion to $14.3 trillion. A ceiling that high would equal about $45,000 for every American. The House is expected to vote on the increase Thursday.

OK, that's just the debt they admit to. That doesn't include unfunded liabilities for SS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. as baby boomers soon begin to retire.

THAT total debt is more like $100 trillion, or more than $300,000 for every man woman and child in this country. That's $1.2 million for a family of four.

Be very worried.

Yes, fasten your seatbelts folks.

great concise write up from the trumpet. Thanks for the links. Glad to see others out there don't have their head in the sand.

On January 8, cnbc reported that the U.S. Federal Reserve purchased an unprecedented 80 percent of all U.S. treasury securities issued in 2009.

Wow. Good thing we loaned 'em all that money, then, huh?

MrB

Just as soon as someone explains to me how "I" can loan myself unlimited money when "I" am broke and no one else will loan me money, then I'll understand how this works with "us" (our Fed) loaning "us" this money.

If Bernie Madoff was doing this, he'd go to prison. Oh wait. He is in prison.

I didn't like Bush and Obama is worse however both parties are full of progressives and that's why our economy has tanked. It is a planned event. If you study the history of progressives you will realize why America is suffering and who these people are. I have no political side and am a registered independant. I want the best for my family and tell you what is happening now will hurt us all. Bend that into whatever political side that makes you happy.

jj

Yes, I agree. Its a planned collapse, orchestrated some time back.
The dept ceiling was just raised, and that was planned too. Inflation here we come...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top