JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was not our Constitution set up so that ONLY land owners, hence those who pay property tax, could vote?

I believe it was. Having a vested interest, or "stake in society" was deemed necessary for voting privileges. The country was most definitely established as a constitutional republic, and not as a democracy. The founders understood history, and understood the type of system that needed to be implemented.

Will the tax codes, voting regs, etc., be altered to fit the original intentions of the founders? No, never.

Here's an idea: To vote, one needs to pass an IQ test. Better yet...the smarter you are, the more 'votes' you get. Stupid people get zero votes, smart people get 50.

Here's an idea: To vote, one needs to pass an IQ test. Better yet...the smarter you are, the more 'votes' you get. Stupid people get zero votes, smart people get 50.

Then only college professors could vote and we'd be screwed.

There's a big difference between IQ and common sense/wisdom. Some of the most ordinary people I know have the most wisdom.

lets see the Dems say that its all the fault of the Repubs, and the Repubs say thats its all the Dems fault....then the Libs say blame the Cons and the Cons say blame the Libs....while all this infighting is going on the multinational corporations are laughing all the way to the bank with our tax dollars. we are all Americans here....whos to say that the cons love this country more than the libs?? we NEED A CHANGE IN THE BASIC WAY WE THINK...AS AMERICANS FIRST! and political tags second

Yep. As long as you where a white, male, property owner.

At that time, and in that place, it worked. Our world is different; most would agree there is no place for race or gender discrimination today.

We didn't limit voting to smart people only . We didn't limit voting to wise people only. We didn't limit voting to working people (taxpayers) only, or to property owners (taxpayers) only. We didn't do any of that. And now we are experiencing the results.

At the risk of sounding fatalistic, we are experiencing what was inevitable. Nations rise, fall, and are reborn according to time-lines. History repeats.

lets see the Dems say that its all the fault of the Repubs, and the Repubs say thats its all the Dems fault....then the Libs say blame the Cons and the Cons say blame the Libs....while all this infighting is going on the multinational corporations are laughing all the way to the bank with our tax dollars. we are all Americans here....whos to say that the cons love this country more than the libs?? we NEED A CHANGE IN THE BASIC WAY WE THINK...AS AMERICANS FIRST! and political tags second

Amen, brother! For a good example of what is eating away the core of this country check out this article in the NYT called The Swaps that Swallowed Your Town:
www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/business/07gret.html
It's the FIRE economy - Finance Insurance Real Estate. Using government for their own needs, a bail out here, and invasion there.

I think the #1 reason to be prepared is for when the economic implosion hits full blast. If...or should I say when our economy collapses completely we are going to take down most of the world with us. The collapse here will make the collapse in Argentina look like an overdraft fee.

The way to try to pay off the debt is to inflate the currency. If inflation was so bad that a working man made $1 million per day, how hard would it be to pay off your house?

We know inflation is coming because it always has in every country which has done what were doing - create more money. The money is backed by nothing but the paper it's written on.

At some point no one will accept the currency. No one will lend us money because the dollar will be declining too fast. Then comes the crash.

I think the #1 reason to be prepared is for when the economic implosion hits full blast. If...or should I say when our economy collapses completely we are going to take down most of the world with us. The collapse here will make the collapse in Argentina look like an overdraft fee.

And since the world has tied itself to globalism to keep us from war the crashing of world economies will mean a war to kill the people off again.

jj

The way to try to pay off the debt is to inflate the currency. If inflation was so bad that a working man made $1 million per day, how hard would it be to pay off your house?
At the end of the Weimar Republic (post WW-I Germany) folks were literally piling their paper money into wheelbarrows and running to the store to buy bread, an hour's advance made a difference in how much you brought home. I used to have my grandmother's stamp collection (think my brother has it now) that included era stamps -- normal stamps with politicians or whatever, then crudely re-inked at 5, 10, 50 million marks. Postage stamps! And there were *blocks* of them in the collection.

At some point no one will accept the currency. No one will lend us money because the dollar will be declining too fast. Then comes the crash.

We're about there. Here's one link, but I couldn't quickly substantiate an assertion I heard the other day: in 2009, the Chinese stopped buying our treasury paper. Know who stepped in to continue funding out debt? Think about it... answer below...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/49639438-1b21-11df-953f-00144feab49a.html

The Fed -- the consortium of banks that manage our currency -- stepped in and purchased 80% of the treasury debt issued by our government last year when no one else would. But of course they can since... they're the ones that run... the printing presses... that make the money... right?

MrB

At the end of the Weimar Republic (post WW-I Germany) folks were literally piling their paper money into wheelbarrows and running to the store to buy bread, an hour's advance made a difference in how much you brought home. I used to have my grandmother's stamp collection (think my brother has it now) that included era stamps -- normal stamps with politicians or whatever, then crudely re-inked at 5, 10, 50 million marks. Postage stamps! And there were *blocks* of them in the collection.

We're about there. Here's one link, but I couldn't quickly substantiate an assertion I heard the other day: in 2009, the Chinese stopped buying our treasury paper. Know who stepped in to continue funding out debt? Think about it... answer below...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/49639438-1b21-11df-953f-00144feab49a.html

The Fed -- the consortium of banks that manage our currency -- stepped in and purchased 80% of the treasury debt issued by our government last year when no one else would. But of course they can since... they're the ones that run... the printing presses... that make the money... right?

MrB

You are exactly right.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class