JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of course it's not self defense. It's Antifa trying to take things to the next level. They "counter protest" conservative rallies with the intent to intimidate. When yelling and spitting doesn't work, they escalate to punching and throwing things. When that still doesn't work, they go to stabbing, clubbing and shooting. Once that doesn't work, which it likely won't, I guess the next thing is bombing. I certainly won't be surprised. The only thing I'm not sure about is how the press will spin it.

Aside from the positive or negative aspects of groups like the PBs and ANTIFA do these groups serve as the primary social 'circles' of these people?

Do ANTIFA types hang out other than when they go riot and loot?

Do the PBs get together aside from their parking lot soap box rallies ?

Aside from the positive or negative aspects of groups like the PBs and ANTIFA do these groups serve as the primary social 'circles' of these people?

Do ANTIFA types hang out other than when they go riot and loot?

Do the PBs get together aside from their parking lot soap box rallies ?
Proud Boys was originally a social club.

I cant even get the sequence of events straight... seems like the shots in the first vid come earlier than they should in the second vid..

Was it a good shoot? Who freaken knows.. if a pack of armed men were coming at me angrily - and there was nothing else to it - i might shoot. Im gonna guess theres a lot more to this story tho (and i dont pay any attention to the news)

I watched it several times and while it does look like the guy was passing a gun i believe he was just grabbing at the guys arm and pulling him along. It looks like the shooter pulled the gun out of his right back pocket.
OK. I see that now. It does seem odd tho - the other guy comes from out of the frame at a right angle to the general direction of travel, as if he came from across the street, or from the street. Looks to me like he is directing the shooter to do something, esp. with the little shove to the side.
I cant even get the sequence of events straight... seems like the shots in the first vid come earlier than they should in the second vid..
The sequence is the same. The camera man in the first video is just behind the action, but you can see Tiny (the guy with the stick) turning around and walking back toward the camera man after the shots are fired. The 2nd video has a longer prelude, that's all, but as soon as the shots are fired you see Tiny turn around and start walking back. You can actually see him flinch from the hit, and limp slightly as he walks back.

ETA: 5 rounds fired and 1 hit in the foot?

Was it a good shoot? Who freaken knows.. if a pack of armed men were coming at me angrily - and there was nothing else to it - i might shoot. Im gonna guess theres a lot more to this story tho (and i dont pay any attention to the news)
The angles of the security footage make the timing seem funny.

That's the downtown Olympia bus station footage where you can clearly see the shooter. The cell phone footage doesn't seem to capture anything but audio during the actual shooting. The distance between those 2 different points of view is significant.

This situation will be hard in a court of law in the blue states of Oregon and Wash. We have prosecutor's that turn a blind eye to actions that should be punishable by current laws. Woke rights have free'd previously those who have broken OUR laws for the betterment of the social left. Mr. shooter had ample time to retreat. He, she, they could have ran away from the situation as the proud boy member had a close range weapon, and was over 21 foot away, with an obstacle between. The use of a ranged weapon will be hard to justify when that distance is over 21 foot, except in our states that allow vigilantes to run the court system. Had there been footage of the PB member beating an asshoole antifa member with the melee weapon prior to that, then maybe it could stand up.
Not a lawyer, but play one on TV….

Use sensible voting practices this next election and return Oregon to the sensible free state it used to be! Vote down "kate brown".

"The only thing I'm not sure about is how the press will spin it."

Given the degree to which public esteem for and trust in the Lamestream Media has plunged, does it really matter?
Almost nobody believes anything they see in the DNC agitprop any more.
And no, I'm not just projecting here. There have been numerous polls that indicate this.

Self defense????? 1st degree attempted murder! They could even charge him with that 1 charge per shot. 5 shots 5 charges. Each shot had the potential to kill. A life sentence is in order.

The distance gained and stopping to turn around is what gives me hesitancy that it was an imminent deadly threat. He could have continued to walk or run but it looked very much like randomly shooting into a crowd.
100%. No threat, and just starts shooting... what was behind the target? Who knows? Certainly not this crazed shooter.

Strickland? Well he was guilty before he even drew his Glock.
He was also an example of someone who was in a situation he could not control and had the preconceived idea his gun would be his 'savior'.

He was also very lucky. He might have got a couple but he could have easily gotten shot himself, or overrun in a general 'flail' if the mob was so inclined.

He was also an example of someone who was in a situation he could not control and had the preconceived idea his gun would be his 'savior'.

He was also very lucky. He might have got a couple but he could have easily gotten shot himself, or overrun in a general 'flail' if the mob was so inclined.
An interesting point. As much as we discuss SA in self-defense scenarios, this guy was there to do a job. In so doing, he had to accept the risks associated with said job and chose to equip himself with a defensive tool should the need arise. You'll note how the Panty-Fa crowd scattered like the cockroaches they are when they saw the roscoe, pathetic genital warts they are...

Justified brandishing? Not under Oregon law and that's the problem. You don't produce a weapon unless you are going to fire and then only if you can clearly articulate reasonable fear of death, GBH, or sexual assault. Strickland himself claimed he "neutralized the threat without firing a single shot." Unfortunately that's not how Oregon law works which is why he was convicted of menacing and unlawful use of a deadly weapon.

Though his real offense is thought crime...

His words from an article:

This involved the incident where I drew my firearm in response to a gang of thugs coming after me. I didn't even fire a round, as simply drawing was enough force to get the mob to back away and leave me alone. I didn't harm so much as a fly. I was the one targeted, attacked, tried to get away to avoid further altercation, and ultimately acted to defend myself against what I considered unlawful force and imminent unlawful force being used against me by a gang of masked thugs.

I just watched the video. SO - were they 'coming after him' or just moving in his direction? I AM IN NO WAY 'SIDING' WITH THE PROTESTERS but it appeared to me they were just in the street, some maybe moving his way but they did NOT appear to be 'coming after him'.

'I didn't harm so much as a fly. I was the one targeted, attacked, tried to get away'

Oh sniff, sniff. I hope he got the hug he wanted from someone. He was not attacked (not even surrounded) and had plenty of unencumbered room behind him to get away if he wanted to. There was nobody behind him. He was way out of his league and should never have been there. Heck I have seen TV news reporters in more dangerous situations than him in some riot situations.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top