JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I couldn't tell WTF was going on in either video and ran out of patience after 1 view each.
Without regard to either side, l think my question stands alone:In an SYG state, how far is far enough? If your gassed, do you need to prove it to the jury? At that point, do you even have the capability to engage in so-called mutual combat effectively? Will they conclude that a lack of overall fitness qualifies as a mitigating factor in a disparity of force defense?

It looked like the Kenosha Kid (who's name escapes me at the moment) ran like Hell and seemed justified in putting down multiple armed attackers but is still being charged. I realize that case has some extraordinary political pressures, but so will this (or any other SD claim). Does just being involved in this kind of "demonstration" put you at extra risk of being prosecuted by way of willingly putting yourself at risk?

(ETA; Kyle Rittenhouse)
Here is Mr SkinnyJeans sending five shots into the crowd. I don't think he is going to be able to use the "I felt threatened because, you know, the 21 foot rule"

20210924-200900-Sept%204%20Shooting%20(2).png.jpg

if it was up to me, barring "innocents" being harmed, i wouldn't file charges for anyone on either side, in any of these clashes. it's mutual combat, as far as i'm concerned. don't want to get your bubblegum shot? don't go.

i'm gonna point out that it looks like the dude fired into the ground, not at anyone. and that would explain the foot shot - btw, do we know if "tiny" was hit point blank, or by spatter or a ricochet'd round? if hit by spatter or a ricochet, that'd explain the assault charge, rather than an attempted murder.

Here is Mr SkinnyJeans sending five shots into the crowd. I don't think he is going to be able to use the "I felt threatened because, you know, the 21 foot rule"

View attachment 1040990
Mine was more of a general SD question, not specifically related to the Panty-Fa case. The bougie fascist dirty white kids in black hoodies and skinny jeans were just a launching point.

if hit by spatter or a ricochet, that'd explain the assault charge, rather than an attempted murder.
Assault I is a Measure 11 crime in Oregon. It carries the same mandatory minimum sentence of 90 months(7 yrs 6 mos) as Attempted Murder.

Assault I is easier to prove to a jury than Attempted Murder(which requires intent). This is why prosecutors often opt for an Assault I charge in lieu of Attempted Murder.

Assault I is a Measure 11 crime in Oregon. It carries the same mandatory minimum sentence of 90 months(7 yrs 6 mos) as Attempted Murder.

Assault I is easier to prove to a jury than Attempted Murder(which requires intent). This is why prosecutors often opt for an Assault I charge in lieu of Attempted Murder.
an angle i've never thought of - thanks

Yeah, but where are the "Pile On" charges such as carrying without a license, unlawful use of a firearm and reckless public endangerment?

For example, this road rage incident from last week in Oregon:

Black guy cuts off a white guy, white guy then cuts off the black guy, both end up in the WalMart parking lot.

Black guy gets out of his vehicle and points a pistol at the white guy. Since the black guy is a multiple felon...

...his pistol was a BB gun. Surprise, the white guy had a real gun and allegedly fired two shots through his passenger window hitting the black guy twice in the upper torso which killed him. Then like the ANTIFA guy, the shooter fled. Because it happened in Multnomah County, where armed self defense is illegal, the white guy is arrested and charged with of Murder II and Unlawful Use of a Weapon.

I still would charge mr artifa punk on what I could get him on. Clearly he had time to flee. By the photo from Nick Burkhardt, there were no more of his friends around to protect from eminent danger or death to others to justify lethal force when he pulled the trigger not once but 5 times. Or so it's been reported. Charge the PB with menacing, yes. Display of a weapon with intent to harm, yes.
we all have seen the way our judicial system plays to the woke crowd, so he may get a slap on the wrist. While one of those unaccounted for bullets could have bounced and ended up in a 5 year old walking home from the store with her mom and dad. That would be the real tragedy.

I would like to try and keep this as unbiased as possible but I understand everyone has their opinions and they can be passionate.

This is footage of an encounter of Antifa and Proud Boys in Olympia that ended in a shooting. I have my own personal opinion on it but was curious what other people thought in a self defense legal stand point.

Knowledge of Washington self defense laws are greatly appreciated.

These are the 2 clearest videos

Have at it, I know Twitter is trash but it's where the videos are.
There is no self defense i can see in this video. Way to much distance between the shooting and the victim.

One side hates America, the other side loves America - it's just a miniature quarrel that actually resembles the country at a larger scale. The rest of us just aren't out clashing with plastic shields and metal pipes because if we clash the stakes will be more serious.

Regarding self defense - Antifa have the tactic down to play the victim and then sucker punch when able. Most of them look like soy is a strong part of their diet and they only seem "aggressive" when they are have sufficient herd/mob mentality to think they are a superior force.

I'd say this was pre-meditated, get into minor scuffle, then claim self defense and shoot. They've targeted and murdered a Patriot prayer member in the past when he was found isolated from the rest of the group.

I have not followed the Antifa/Tiny-Proud Boys shooting, but what I just witnessed in that video clip has to be the most reckless and downright dangerous discharge of a firearm, demonstrating wanton disregard for the general public I have seen in quite some time, the Carruth/Read incident in Lubbock, TX, included.

I have not followed the Antifa/Tiny-Proud Boys shooting, but what I just witnessed in that video clip has to be the most reckless and downright dangerous discharge of a firearm, demonstrating wanton disregard for the general public I have seen in quite some time, the Carruth/Read incident in Lubbock, TX, included.
When you hate America you don't care who you might kill when fighting… (I'm not sure what label they would use) people.

Yeah -- this isn't even close to self-defense. It was rage.

EDIT: So how much probation do you all think Pantifa-Shooter is gonna get?
None. He'll totally skate.

Call me jaded...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR