JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

The biggest thing that strikes me with this event (other than it's in my neighborhood) is that the bad guys have guns and can literally do anything they want if their victims are unarmed. It's like the unarmed person is handing them all the power to do whatever they want because there is no way to stop them or fight back.

I witnessed and was involved in catching an attempted carjacker only 3 blocks from mount tabor park last year. There is a thread on it on this forum somewhere I'll try to find it.

Edit found it: Giving chase to attempted car jacker reminds me how out of shape I am

The biggest thing that strikes me with this event (other than it's in my neighborhood) is that the bad guys have guns and can literally do anything they want if their victims are unarmed. It's like the unarmed person is handing them all the power to do whatever they want because there is no way to stop them or fight back.
Really? I thought the bad guys followed the laws and don't get firearms because they can't pass a background check.

Dayum... that's intense! Hopefully the vixtim comes out okay with no more harm done... and the perps get a hot lead cure-all!

Yea the driver and fiance who were shot at are really lucky (victim also of course). Car doors suck at stopping bullets. They can deflect them though. Looking at the photo it looks like the 2 on the driver door were at a shallow angle while the two in the rear door were more straight on. So maybe the two driver door shots were as he was driving away (WAG).

EDGVPImUYAAMK_s (1).jpg

There are tons of videos out there about car door penetration but FYI I was watching bullet skipping videos yesterday and noticed this one about skipping bullets off the hood. Seems common sens to me to minimize yourself as a target but still interesting to watch. Also one I noticed about skipping off concrete.

Interesting choices regarding describing two people who from appearances, were about to execute someone, and actually tried to kill a bystander. These are objectively bad people:

Fox: "The suspects are described as black men in their late 20s."
Oregonian: "Police said the two suspects are men in their late 20s."
NBC: "Police say the suspects are two black men in their late 20s."
KATU: "... the two suspects drove away."

EDIT: I've mentioned I'm a liberal before, but I must say I'm annoyed by identity politics and in circumstances like this, where identity is apparently to be ignored, it actually harms public safety. Granted, the description is not detailed, but every unique characteristic helps winnow down the pool of suspects. I would like to know tall/med/short, fat/med/skinny, facial hair/none, hair color, clothing, etc. The unwillingness of some press outlets present such facts to the public, endangers the public.

Last Edited:
I'd also like something more descriptive than what you suggested above.
Now all I'm thinking is they were the guys who drove through town yesterday...

Here's politically correct new jargon...

1. Auto thieves – Uber drivers in someone else's car
  2. Rapist – Sexual encroacher
  3. Bank robbers – Community members desperate for money
  4. Narcotic traffickers – Unlicensed pharmacists
  5. Burglars – Community members using your property
  6. Murderers – Life taking survivors
  7. Forgers – Creative designers
  8. Child molesters – Community members playing doctor
  9. Rioters – Community members throwing a temper tantrum

When the aforementioned people misbehave and get incarcerated, let's simply say they are community members in time out.

There, is everyone happy? What are your suggestions?

– Jim McNeff, editor-in-chief, Law Enforcement Today

EDIT: I've mentioned I'm a liberal before, but I must say I'm annoyed by identity politics and in circumstances like this, where identity is apparently to be ignored, it actually harms public safety. Granted, the description is not detailed, but every unique characteristic helps winnow down the pool of suspects. I would like to know tall/med/short, fat/med/skinny, facial hair/none, hair color, clothing, etc. The unwillingness of some press outlets present such facts to the public, endangers the public.

Well put. Have you considered expanding on your comments by expressing your concerns to the editors of the Oregonian and KATU, which are obviously the worst offenders of the four you called out ?

Used to live on SE 60th, right by Tabor. The neighbourhood started to go down hill rapidly so we moved away with speed. I'm not surprised by this situation at all.
I'm surprised people think Tabor is a good place to dump a body... as opposed to any place closer to the original assault.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top