JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe it's just a rumor, but I heard this got thrown out because H&K had to file some additional documents but they couldn't get them into the envelope, and by the time some dude walking by pointed out they were trying to shove the papers into the closed end of the envelope they had missed the filing deadline

This kind of thing comes up now and then. Like when Boeing and Airbus were competing for the USAF "new" aerial tanker contract. It's only my opinion, but it seems to me that if a country wants to prefer their own domestic product for their own reasons, that should be an unassailable decision. Regardless of what the fine print may say.

This kind of thing comes up now and then. Like when Boeing and Airbus were competing for the USAF "new" aerial tanker contract. It's only my opinion, but it seems to me that if a country wants to prefer their own domestic product for their own reasons, that should be an unassailable decision. Regardless of what the fine print may say.
There is the premise that not only is it beneficial to the buying government's country initially, it is beneficial during war time to not depend on a foreign country to supply arms and parts for arms, especially if that country might be the opposition (which Germany has been in the past) - or like Switzerland, has policies about supplying arms to countries engaged in a conflict - in order to maintain their neutrality.

The USA has often chosen their own product for various reasons - not always good (especially when it came to certain rifles).

I believe there is a federal law, I don't remember reading / hearing that it has been overturned, that requires domestic products for the military.

Not that they obey that or any other law. They go where the bribes are.

I believe there is a federal law, I don't remember reading / hearing that it has been overturned, that requires domestic products for the military.

Bribes are what poor people take, this amount of money is sugar coated as "campaign contributions"

Edit. This is why several foreign companies have set up US production facilities for certain items and also why one may find the term "Berry Compliant" for fabrics and webbing and some fasteners.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top