JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DS2: My reference to "misinformed" juries was not in regard to their trial instructions or evidence provided. If that was how it was received, I apologize. My reference (apparently not clarified adequately) was that they very often go into the trial with predispositions and beliefs cultivated by the media about guns and self defense that may well be misinformation.

As for "considering the fact" that somehow handguns today are any more sinister or deadly than weapons of days gone by, I will consider the fact that dead is dead, and also my opinion that a LeMat revolver is probably the most "sinister" handgun ever devised. I will also consider the fact that it is no more "deadly" than a German Snaphance (and neither is a Glock).

My reference (apparently not clarified adequately) was that they very often go into the trial with predispositions and beliefs cultivated by the media about guns and self defense that may well be misinformation.

Something to consider on this point is that more and more people have been the victim of a crime or have a friend/family member that has. People today have watched and read how the criminal element has in some cases taken over their communities, making average people afraid to venture out as they have traditionally. Where allowed, people are in great numbers obtaining firearms and concealed carry permits in order to provide for their own security.

With this in mind I don't feel it is accurate to assume that potential jurors are predisposed against guns and their use for self defense. I think it might be a problem for an anti-gun prosecutor today to find a jury that "see's it entirely his way".

Rather than dwell on "should I carry my handloads or buy factory for Self Defense carry?" more attention should be paid to learning the laws that govern the use of Deadly Force where you live. When you can, when you can't, when you should, and when you shouldn't shoot is all available today like never before. Don't even have to buy someone's book that is filled with more opinion than fact.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top