JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1678430080528.png

Aloha, Mark

Hope this ok to ask here if not let me know. Is all s and b brass no good for reloading? Seems to be a common complaint in this thread and a few others if I remember correctly. Just asking because I'm looking at buying some bulk 10mm and it's s and b. I don't currently reload but save all my brass as I would like to someday.

Hope this ok to ask here if not let me know. Is all s and b brass no good for reloading? Seems to be a common complaint in this thread and a few others if I remember correctly. Just asking because I'm looking at buying some bulk 10mm and it's s and b. I don't currently reload but save all my brass as I would like to someday.
I personally it depends on the batch or person loading it. I've not had any issues with S&B brass myself for 380, 9mm and 40s&w.

1680468848556.png

Checking individual cases for headstamps? Yeah.....eye strain and what should I do with those "rejected" cases?

Anyway......
1680468951282.png

Assuming and of course.......we are NOT speaking of high accuracy rounds here (just plinking ammo).

Say that, you're dealing with boxer primed brass (9mm or another caliber) range pick ups/mix of brass (including maybe S&B).
So then, for ME......I'll usually start by segregating them by caliber and dumping those that won't pass my first/initial inspection.
Then, I'll just run them ALL through the same process?

Huh?

Decap.
Uniform the primer pocket (either with a swedge tool or reamer).
Then, continue with a full length resizing (add, trimming if needed) and repriming. Before, continuing with the other reloading steps.

1680469410810.png

Sure, it might take some time. But ultimately, it's your call.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I've loaded thousands of them without issue.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top