JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That is the funny thing. They don't hate them. Behind closed doors they are all the best of friends, laughing while they enrich themselves. The Left is not scacred of the NRA, they are controlled opposition. It keeps the money flowing on both ends while neither having to actually do any work.
Kinda like POTUS and Putin? Gotta keep the Boogyman so we have reason to spend on defense! :confused:

This thread reminded me that it was time to renew my NRA membership. I'll support local groups also, but if the other side hates the NRA, I'm going to make sure I'm a card carrying member. I might even join NAAGA, if that will pressure some in liberal districts to support gun rights.

Edit: I do get the annoyance at Wayne and crew.

I think it is worth maintaining the most lowcost basic membership just so that membership number exists, but my real donations go to SAF (I love lawsuits) with a little extra to the CCRKBA (I'm a bit skeptical of the value of lobbying in a place like WA, but no harm in trying).

That is the funny thing. They don't hate them. Behind closed doors they are all the best of friends, laughing while they enrich themselves. The Left is not scacred of the NRA, they are controlled opposition. It keeps the money flowing on both ends while neither having to actually do any work.
I 100% agree with this.

What if that money you were paying them to defend your rights ends up in the hands of democrats and other swamp creatures who would happily sell your rights away for a new mansion or private jet?

That's what the NRA is. Its no secret to those in this world and industry. The fight for gun rights in the US is almost entirely shouldered by small organizations regional/state and law firms. The NRA will not even work with them because they see them as a threat to their funding.

I can show you dozens of court cases and challenges that the NRA contributed absolutely nothing , in fact in some cases they sided with the gun grabbers.

The NRA does not exist to protect gun rights. It exists to enich and make money for its officers and handlers, who just so happen to be in bed with the swamp and democrats. Hell Wayne WAS A DEMOCRAT LOBBYIST before he went to work for the NRA.

As a Lobbying oganization, the NRA has no real teeth. They are the boogeyman the left uses to raise money. Actual congress critters and staffers on the hill aren't scare of them, in fact they are like any other special interest group that they can get their nut/vig from. Their effectiveness has proven to be a wet fart.

You can only show people so much overwhelming evidence before you realize they are a lost cause.

Your black and white thought process leaves a lot of grey leftover. The entire entity that comprises the NRA is not a wholly corrupt institution no more than police departments are. The logic just doesn't hold water that the NRA is wholly corrupt and a agent of deepstatr dems while simultaneously being attacked and blamed consistently by anti-freedom people and politicians. If nothing else, what the NRA is in fact is an X number of people who cab be swung like a club during election time, because I am goi Nd to assume anyone who takes the time to become a member by paying money to do so is going to make sure to vote.

I think it is worth maintaining the most lowcost basic membership just so that membership number exists

Exactly. It lets politicians know there are voting gun owners out there. Basic membership is only $45 bucks. Worth it to grow the membership number.

Yea lets shut down real discourse and discussion on a topic that needs to be talked about because a few sensitive nacys get offended at the slightest hint of disagreement or debate.
This is a gun board, not a club for knitting and cooking.
You, dear sir, are the epitome of why I requested the staff terminate this thread. Real discourse and civil discussion are seemingly not in a direction you desire to go given your retorts and displayed vile nature. Adversarial and antagonistic positions seem to be your forte and personally speaking, I find it disgusting!
And again, I'm formally requesting this thread be closed due to the vile nature of respondents.

Dan

You, dear sir, are the epitome of why I requested the staff terminate this thread. Real discourse and civil discussion are seemingly not in a direction you desire to go given your retorts and displayed vile nature. Adversarial and antagonistic positions seem to be your forte and personally speaking, I find it disgusting!
And again, I'm formally requesting this thread be closed due to the vile nature of respondents.

Dan
Dude, you are whats wrong with this world. Just roll over an take in the back and ask for more

You need to understand we are in a fight to the death.

Dan
You are free to leave if you don't like whats written. No one is forcing you to read nor participate.

We have a great disccusion going on and I hope lots of people who were previously unaware of the NRA's BS, now have learned some stuff.

You sound oftley like most liberals... wanting to suppress anything you don't agree with.

Calling for the disbanding of the NRA is foolish and short-sighted. It ignores all of the other good and useful things the NRA does such as the training, the range development and the organization of 5 million members as a voting bloc to keep the likes of Biden and Clinton before him OUT of the oval office.
OTOH Calling for Wayne LaPierre to go is the real issue. He should have left when he realized just how divisive he has become and the fact that he hangs on makes me believe that he clearly does NOT have the best interests of the NRA, MY NRA at heart. He needs to leave.
That AG's claim she'll disband the NRA is bullbubblegum. Who is the aggrieved party(ies) in this matter but the rank and file members of the NRA? We are the ones who have been stolen from, and no one else! Certainly not the state of New York. She has no cause or grounds to break up the NRA.
If she can oust Wayne LaPierre on fraud or embezzlement, great I'm certain that a prison sentence should be sufficient for the NRA to fire him.
Removal of WLP and his cronies is and should be the only issue,
NOT the disbanding of the NRA.

Calling for the disbanding of the NRA is foolish and short-sighted. It ignores all of the other good and useful things the NRA does such as the training, the range development and the organization of 5 million members as a voting bloc to keep the likes of Biden and Clinton before him OUT of the oval office.
OTOH Calling for Wayne LaPierre to go is the real issue. He should have left when he realized just how divisive he has become and the fact that he hangs on makes me believe that he clearly does NOT have the best interests of the NRA, MY NRA at heart. He needs to leave.
That AG's claim she'll disband the NRA is bullbubblegum. Who is the aggrieved party(ies) in this matter but the rank and file members of the NRA? We are the ones who have been stolen from, and no one else! Certainly not the state of New York. She has no cause or grounds to break up the NRA.
If she can oust Wayne LaPierre on fraud or embezzlement, great I'm certain that a prison sentence should be sufficient for the NRA to fire him.
Removal of WLP and his cronies is and should be the only issue,
NOT the disbanding of the NRA.
Do you stay friends with some when you find out the like to steal, or when the steal from you? How about a buddy that like to beat on his wife? Oh that right, its non of you business.

Do you stay friends with some when you find out the like to steal, or when the steal from you? How about a buddy that like to beat on his wife? Oh that right, its non of you business.

Is the NRA to you just Lapiere and the upper management, or is there more to the entity than that? Because as has been stated by many others. There is a lot more to the NRA than simply the head handful of people.

Dude, you are whats wrong with this world. Just roll over an take in the back and ask for more
You need to understand we are in a fight to the death.
You are free to leave if you don't like whats written. No one is forcing you to read nor participate.

We have a great disccusion going on and I hope lots of people who were previously unaware of the NRA's BS, now have learned some stuff.

You sound oftley like most liberals... wanting to suppress anything you don't agree with.
And Balaam's bubblegum spoke..see above :)

Dan

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews