JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is already a national plan in effect, where the armed forces, state and local law enforcement will be given orders from the White house to use deadly force against its own citizens, in the event of the ultimate crash of the dollar. Areas have already been identified as potential airstrike targets, when there is evidence that citizens will begin to defend what's left of their possessions. So any major civil response to the overwhelming overflow of the border, could be interpreted by the Government as "civil unrest" and be met with bombs bought with their own taxes. Whether our own Armed forces and local lawmen will turn against those, they have sworn to protect and serve, remains to be seen.

There is already a national plan in effect, where the armed forces, state and local law enforcement will be given orders from the White house to use deadly force against its own citizens, in the event of the ultimate crash of the dollar. Areas have already been identified as potential airstrike targets, when there is evidence that citizens will begin to defend what's left of their possessions. So any major civil response to the overwhelming overflow of the border, could be interpreted by the Government as "civil unrest" and be met with bombs bought with their own taxes. Whether our own Armed forces and local lawmen will turn against those, they have sworn to protect and serve, remains to be seen.

One of my most puzzling questions.

OPAWY
Where do you come up with this stuff about a plan already in place...... Army, Law Enforcement, Whitehouse ......... Believe it or not, the Pres doesn't have the authority to order that! AND.......... what troops or law enforcement would turn on their own families to follow an illegal order?

BUT.. I repeat; Where did you come up with this??? I really want to investigate it myself (I'm sure others would also)

Since I don't know how to cut and paste, for starters, here's driving directions to one forum with info.
Graybeards Outdoors Forum. Subforum called "around the Ol' Pot bellied stove". Thread called "One deadly Serious Topic."

If you recall this past year, there has been much done by the President and Congress that is against the Constitution, basically illegal, the most recent, Health care bill passage where the rest of America will be forced to pay for Nebraska's medicare ad infinitum.
Also, google " Infragard", where regular American business people have been chosen to spy on the rest of us poor Americans for "suspicious behavior."

:D:D How seriouse could it be if they are not willing to send troops to the border?:s0112:

Really though we have had 25 Americans killed every day by illegals. 12 by murder and 13 by drunken driving(9125 a year). More American deaths than what sent us to the middle east for war. We have been living with this for years and our government does nothing. If they kill each other in Mexico then we are better off because of it. Just my opinion.

jj

Oh let's be fair. They just kill people by being around them. Put enough people around enough other people, some will get killed by others, some on purpose, some on accident. How many American's kill American's every year? How many American's killed Mexicans in the USA? bubblegum happens, people die.

Justification (or lack thereof) for their residence here has nothing to do with the typical rate of people killing people, which happens everywhere there are people.

Ummm........

well..........probably going to be a firestorm over this,

but I simply don't care.

Lets see, Mother's side:

A member of the clergy, Jamestown, circa 1530,

Was "the first american."

The other side of her family were various Huegenot religious rebels,

Who settled somewhere near what is now New Orleans, again circa 1530.

Those were the other "first americans."

Father's side:

He was conceived in Denmark, born in England,

And fetched up in America about 1920.

On my wife's side, a family named Scott.

Earliest traces in Maryland about 1560.

Plus some Lakota Sioux blood and perhaps some Cherokee.

I don't see anyone here whose family didn't emigrate/immigrate.

So none of my family predated the Clovis and or pre Clovis peoples

Who, depending on whose argument you want to listen to

Settled this continent 35k to 13k years ago.

So I would, in all fairness, ask all to get off

Off their xenophobic high horse

As to just who has "first people" rights in

North and South America.

And ongoing emigration/immigration.

isher

iam from elpaso texas .my mother is a military barat. iam a tex-mex.100% american just like others.i only know one color.red white &blue.just like other americans.the government just does not care.

Oh let's be fair. They just kill people by being around them. Put enough people around enough other people, some will get killed by others, some on purpose, some on accident. How many American's kill American's every year? How many American's killed Mexicans in the USA? bubblegum happens, people die.

Justification (or lack thereof) for their residence here has nothing to do with the typical rate of people killing people, which happens everywhere there are people.

They are here illegaly. Sending them home would save over 9000 American lives a year, maybe even yours:D Maybe when you lose friends or family because of drunk driving of an illegal or your family gets hooked on the drugs they mule up here you will see the light.

Nope you can't ever see the light. You will never understand that illegals shouldn't be here to begin with, it's why they call them illegals. The crimes they commit cost us all and if the border does fail then you and your family may be fighting for their lives.

jj

It would not surprise me if our Guberment in all it's wisdom decided that the US and MEXICO should merge for a unification of the people or some bla bla bla. :s0054:

Yes, Mexico will implode. A major source of revenue for Mexico comes from the Cantarell oilfield. Whether one subscribes to the peak oil hypothesis or not, the data shows Cantarell production to be quickly declining. Declining revenue means declining social services, which will result in increased unrest. A second significant source of revenue for Mexico comes from tourism. As unrest and lawlessness increases, tourism will decrease. So, yes, Mexico has the opportunity to "implode" in the year(s) ahead, with serious implications for the US border states.

Ummm........

but I simply don't care.

Lets see, Mother's side:

Father's side:

North and South America.

isher

Isher, I don't think anybody's coming at this riding on their "high horse". There are laws in place that need to be followed and that's not happening right now. I don't hear anyone talking bad about immigration, I would even go as far to say that most people here would be on the same page with me that LEGAL immigration is a great thing that makes our country better because it brings people in who don't have pre-conceived notions of "deserving" everything for nothing that many American born people have. So back to the original posting topic... Because of our lack of structure, due to the lack of gov't competence, we are now faced with very desperate people escaping from a collapse of their country spilling over our borders. With that comes crime, murder, and looting. Because that's what comes from desperate times, there's always those scum-bags that will always take the opportunity to do said horrible things. So that's what we're talking about here, the lack of readiness by our gov't for the disaster that will spill over here with the collapse of their country. Has nothing to do with their nationality or race, but everything to do with the protection of our people here in the US.

If you think rushing the border check points wont happen your wrong! I grew up in Orange County and have seen the video on the news. 100 to 200 people running right up the middle knowing there are not enough border agents to stop them all. I have been in more fights with mexican gang bangers than i can count. I saw once safe parks and schools become war zones. After i married an Oregonian i moved to the Portland area. Portland reminds of what O.C. looked 30 years ago when i was 8. I hope it never looks like what O.C. does now!

Lefty.

Gunner, to **** with Ca., Az., N.M., and Texas' immigrant problems. We have our own in Oregon. I live in Jefferson County where exactly 1/3 of the school children are white, 1/3 Hispanic, and 1/3 Native American. Many people live right here in Oregon illegally. Our high school is one of the poorest in the nation because they have no money to operate properly. Almost half of the population here is unemployed. However, we have a nice shiny new prison where 70% of the inmates are illiterate. Must be a better way.....
Semper Fidelis

Ummm........

but I simply don't care.

Lets see, Mother's side:

Father's side:

North and South America.

isher

I think we are worried about what is happening now , Not what happened when the dinosaurs roamed...:s0155:

Ummm........

Lets see, Mother's side:

Who settled somewhere near what is now New Orleans, again circa 1530 isher

Mmmm....interesting.

Jamestown(am assuming the Jamestown in what is now Virginia)was founded
in 1607:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamestown_Settlement

(James I(James VI of Scotland)which Jamestown was named after wasn't born until 1566 and didn't become King of England until 1603).

New Orleans, on the other hand, was founded in the early 1700s.

The first known Huguenots to migrate to North America did so at Ft. Caroline in what is now Florida in 1564 before being wiped out by the Spanish in 1565.

Mmmm....interesting.

Jamestown(am assuming the Jamestown in what is now Virginia)was founded
in 1607:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamestown_Settlement

(James I(James VI of Scotland)which Jamestown was named after wasn't born until 1566 and didn't become King of England until 1603).

New Orleans, on the other hand, was founded in the early 1700s.

The first known Huguenots to migrate to North America did so at Ft. Caroline in what is now Florida in 1564 before being wiped out by the Spanish in 1565.

Sorry -

Flipped century vs. calendar...........

Here's the old Jamestown guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Whitaker

Now, re the Huguenot end, all I have to rely on is family accounts,

But I believe that

1.) There were earlier boats

and

2.) They ended up in Louisiana.

I have no proof of course.

isher

Sorry -

Flipped century vs. calendar...........

Here's the old Jamestown guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Whitaker

Now, re the Huguenot end, all I have to rely on is family accounts,

But I believe that

1.) There were earlier boats

and

2.) They ended up in Louisiana.

I have no proof of course.

isher

Really appreciate your good-natured reply-thanks!

I do this kind of stuff when I see some glaring historical inaccuracies-can't help myself sometimes:D.

Here's one I did about a Battle of the Bulge story in the Portland Tribune(last post/comment by "History Student"):

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story_2nd.php?story_id=124217004385957400

Another one-a blistering attack on one of the Oregonian's columnists(next to the last comment/post right above the columnist's reply to me):

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oreg...f/2009/08/the_things_we_carry_to_the_bit.html

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews