Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

is it worth the price?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by fendermallot, Apr 6, 2012.

1. fendermallot

fendermallot Aloha, OR Member

Are the differences between the SA XD-9 and the SA XDm-9 worth the difference in price tag? I've heard yes and no. What are your opinions? Thanks!

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

XD-M :

- match grade barrel
    - slightly higher mag capacity
    - improved trigger
    - better ergonomics (more aggressive slide serrations, thinner slide, grip texture is better, slide stop is improved)
    - adjustable back straps
    - no dry fire to disassemble

That said, nothing wrong with the XD. "M" more "M"oney

3. fendermallot

my friend recently got his FFL back after letting it lapse, and after claiming that he doesn't mark his friends up offered to get me a good deal on an XD-9 w/ XD gear. $500. I looked online and it looks to be about 35-50 over going price right now. Of course he hasn't told me which barrel length, whether it has night sights, etc. Just curious. Thanks Skang

4. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Not sure what the condition of that XD, but you can get brand new for around that price range.

So, my answer is "NO"

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Costs vary depending on how many guns a dealer buys. More than likely your buddy pays the same or more than you can buy from one of the big online sellers.

6. fendermallot

yeah, i figured that out after thinking about it for a while. Thanks.

7. Mookie

Mookie Eastern Washington Active Member

if the XD is comfortable to you as is go with it. If you want the higher capacity then the XDm is the choice, and the only real reason to get one as you can an aftermarket barrel and be out less than the m with better accuracy.

8. Rich7944

Rich7944 Kent, Wa. Active Member

I have had both in 9mm subcompact and can tell you that the XDm is more accurate and stays in your had alot better when shooting. Don't think for a second that the XD is a sloutch but the XDm is better. I no longer own either one just because I like to carry my subcompacts and I feel the Springfields are too heavy compared to the M&P.