JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to purchase a suppressor that could go between my HK45T and 300 BLK AR Pistol shooting subsonic, supersonic support would be nice but not necessary. I've been looking at the Rugged Obsidian 45 and the discontinued Octane 45 2.0 that's carried locally and I'm trying to not buy something I regret later down the line.

I really haven't ever shot subsonic suppressed guns and at this point am debating the value of spending $800-$900 on a suppressor and what I really would be gaining from that. In my research I've found sound reduction on a Obsidian to be about 130db with 45 230gr, and about 132db on the Octane 45 2.0. I know shooting 300 blackout subs will have a similar db level as 45 in my research on pistol rated cans.

Just trying to find out from anyone out there if they've seriously enjoyed shooting suppressed from these suppressors or their competitors and find that it was really worth it to payout that kind of money for it, and any suggestions on maybe a better purchase. I looked into a Hybrid 46 DTM since its cost is in the ballpark of these other suppressors and I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money for the pistol booster and such to have the hybrid. I've read that it supresses 300 blackout at 123db but I don't really know in practice if the db ratings really mean anything much.

any help would be appreciated!

Looking to purchase a suppressor that could go between my HK45T and 300 BLK AR Pistol shooting subsonic, supersonic support would be nice but not necessary. I've been looking at the Rugged Obsidian 45 and the discontinued Octane 45 2.0 that's carried locally and I'm trying to not buy something I regret later down the line.

I really haven't ever shot subsonic suppressed guns and at this point am debating the value of spending $800-$900 on a suppressor and what I really would be gaining from that. In my research I've found sound reduction on a Obsidian to be about 130db with 45 230gr, and about 132db on the Octane 45 2.0. I know shooting 300 blackout subs will have a similar db level as 45 in my research on pistol rated cans.

Just trying to find out from anyone out there if they've seriously enjoyed shooting suppressed from these suppressors or their competitors and find that it was really worth it to payout that kind of money for it, and any suggestions on maybe a better purchase. I looked into a Hybrid 46 DTM since its cost is in the ballpark of these other suppressors and I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money for the pistol booster and such to have the hybrid. I've read that it supresses 300 blackout at 123db but I don't really know in practice if the db ratings really mean anything much.

any help would be appreciated!
I would look into Huxwrx rad 45 to see if it might meet your needs. Flow through seems like a big benefit. Comes with booster. Need to get direct thread adapter or spacer when shooting on fixed barrel.

Last Edited:
Subsonic 300blk is absolutely worth it to suppress just by itself, I would argue there is no point to having a 300blk without a suppressor. If you get an adjustable gas block and a captive spring buffer that will make it even nicer.

I use a 30cal rifle can for my 300blk 10.5 but my pistol can would work too if I took the QD mount off for the rifle can. I am not sure what the difference between the two would be as I haven't tried both side by side.

If you want supersonic support you could always look at the silencerco hybrid 46.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top