JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wyoming Arms Parker!
I made the box.

Joe

20160805_191026.jpeg

Well, there are these... things. The long-barreled thing in the center is a Hopkins & Allen with a folding hammer and home-made grips.
View attachment 1070237

On the other end of the scale is this...
View attachment 1070242
If you ever want to part with the Auto Mag, I know a home where it would be welcomed.

I love me the "Made In USA" Auto Mag's! Here's a couple for you.....

16152519685153004240512579080977_110248949035702.jpg

Probably the most unique rifle I own is a beautiful Remington Madel 8. It's a semi auto rifle chambered the the .30 Rem cartridge. When fired, it cycles by the barrel and bolt, still locked together, move rearward inside the reciever and compress two recoil springs. Then the bolt is held back while the barrel is returned forward by one of the springs permitting extraction and ejection. Once the barrel is returned, the bolt is returned forward by the second spring; in so doing it picks up a fresh cartridge from the magazine and chambers it. Fun to shoot and very unique.

m8.jpg

Probably the most unique rifle I own is a beautiful Remington Madel 8. It's a semi auto rifle chambered the the .30 Rem cartridge. When fired, it cycles by the barrel and bolt, still locked together, move rearward inside the reciever and compress two recoil springs. Then the bolt is held back while the barrel is returned forward by one of the springs permitting extraction and ejection. Once the barrel is returned, the bolt is returned forward by the second spring; in so doing it picks up a fresh cartridge from the magazine and chambers it. Fun to shoot and very unique.

View attachment 1071361
Known as the Browning long recoil action. The gun has a funny shuffle on recoil. Not a harsh recoil, but it feels weird. The one I had was a Remington Autoloading Rifle from before being called the Model 8 and was kind of a beater. Probably should have kept it.

DSC06824.jpg
The bottom rifle is kinda interesting....
It is a J.Henry Trade Rifle from the 1840's.

What makes it interesting ( among many things ) is that it is marked :
"Bill Willyums His Rifle" on the stock.
Now there was a famous Bill Williams who was a mountain man...when his body was found...his rifle was next to him.
This rifle is from his era... I got it at a gun show , the seller was from the state where Bill Williams died and that is where he got the rifle.

Please note that I am not saying that my rifle actually belonged to Bill Williams...
Just pointing out a interesting carving on the rifle's stock.
( it's always best to buy the firearm...and not the story )
Andy

View attachment 1073850
The bottom rifle is kinda interesting....
It is a J.Henry Trade Rifle from the 1840's.

What makes it interesting ( among many things ) is that it is marked :
"Bill Willyums His Rifle" on the stock.
Now there was a famous Bill Williams who was a mountain man...when his body was found...his rifle was next to him.
This rifle is from his era... I got it at a gun show , the seller was from the state where Bill Williams died and that is where he got the rifle.

Please note that I am not saying that my rifle actually belonged to Bill Williams...
Just pointing out a interesting carving on the rifle's stock.
( it's always best to buy the firearm...and not the story )
Andy
Did you buy it from the Bill Williams Memorial Rifle Co. Inc? ;)

Did you buy it from the Bill Williams Memorial Rifle Co. Inc? ;)
No , actually its from Franklin Mint.
The rifle came with a full set of collector plates ( The Mountain Man series ) , one doll , err...Action Figure , a knife , and a challenge coin.
At no extra cost and because I was among the first 100 callers I also received a free genuine made in somewhereoverseas gunsock. :D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads