JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
What sources did you use to get those numbers?

I could make a real good argument that a good chunk of those 350K didn't die from Covid, but died from a lifetime of poor eating habits, poor exercise habits, and being fat. And yet, not one single mention by our political and medical leaders that things with our diet and exercise habits need to change.

But then that's none of my business. :rolleyes:

Interesting read. To their credit, they cited their sources, but it just reads like a hit piece on the tobacco industry using false equivalency. Involuntarily contracting covid and voluntarily using a product that has well known and well documented harmful side effects are not equivalent.

Interesting read. To their credit, they cited their sources, but it just reads like a hit piece on the tobacco industry using false equivalency. Involuntarily contracting covid and voluntarily using a product that has well known and well documented harmful side effects are not equivalent.
Not equivalent, I'll agree.

But consider the government's response to one vs. the other.

Shut down the economy and society for Covid.

Tax tobacco.

Makes a fella wonder, if the government could make money off the Rona, would the response be different?

P

The tobacco industry killed them. Because they forced all those people to smoke. Like people don't have freedom of choice.

Tax tobacco.

Makes a fella wonder, if the government could make money off the Rona, would the response be different?
You gotta tax it, so you can pay for all the subsidies paid to tobacco farmers, and all the public service announcements telling people how harmful tobacco is, and all the Medicare payments for the treatment of lung cancer and emphasema patients. Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?

There's a difference between making money and generating revenue.

It's also well known that 100% of people who eat granny Smith apples will die. We all know government has overreached and continues to do so because of Rona. However, 350 thousand dead people is a lot of dead people no matter the cause and it's a much faster death than a decades in the making with tobacco caused cancer

Now then, how bout dem there vacations wif da needles and agenda 2030

The other fifteen COVID threads were all lacking something. But this one? This one might have the *it* factor.

Or not.
May I present to you, the *it* factor:
ZomboMeme 05012022092906.jpg

-Robert

I know right. At least we don't have the flu anymore? It will only take more than 2 years to slow the curve! Or was it 2 weeks? I'm sooo confused!

I know right. At least we don't have the flu anymore? It will only take more than 2 years to slow the curve! Or was it 2 weeks? I'm sooo confused!
When we all had to line up for the flu shot this year I was temped to say "hey I thought we cursed influenza, why do we need the shot now? My humor would not have been well received. They are really pushing the 3 shot for the china flu now. Putting on a real dog and pony show to get us to take it. I suspect it will not be long before it will no longer be an ask. :s0092:

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads