JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you participate in an NWFA 80% Lower group-buy?

• Yes, sign me up!

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Maybe, depends... (please explain in comment)

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No thanks, not interested.

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
As for the "jig party".

What you can do is one person buys the tools, then runs the jig on their lower, then sells the jig to another person (for a discount that just happens to be evenly - divided among the group - because it is used), then rinse and repeat. As the tools make their way through the group, changing ownership with each person exchanging cash for the tools, that person using the tools then owns the jig and this would then satisfy (I think - IANAL) the legal requirements.

I wouldn't want to do it any other way. I would not want to have a "party" - where the tools are owned by only one person, or rented - with a bunch of people I don't know on the out chance that one of them may be an informer or BATF agent. I like you guys, but when it comes down to it, I don't know you on a personal level that would mean that I would trust you to keep something confidential on a wink wink level like that.

Indeed, I don't necessarily trust people I know on a personal level; when it comes down to it, how many people do you know that you would really trust with the knowledge that you did something technically illegal? If they get caught doing something and they make a deal to keep out of federal pound me in the a** prison? I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people I trust that much and still have some fingers left over. Much less some people discussing it here on a public forum.

So just keep it on the up and up - it isn't that hard to do.

I am interested because I want a ghost AR pistol that I can put a number of uppers on.

But I have to do more research on how much work is involved in taking it from 80% to 100%

I would also want the jig/tools to be the best out there.

My preference for a lower would be the best quality most robust I could get.

BTW - someone mentioned getting some 80% lowers with the intention of selling them?

:s0154:

It is okay to sell them - eventually - but you can't make them into a firearm with the intention of then turning around and selling them. That makes you a manufacturer. The BATF has already voiced their opinion on this. It is a no-no
I think he was talking unmachined 80%s as-received-by-him. An important reminder, though--you can't even do these with the intention of gifting once completed.

However, nothing says you can't pull a Howard Hughes and "build it, use it a bit, get bored with it and decide On To The Next Big Thing..." as long as you have name, location and C/N on it just like a real MFR before you transfer. (Dunno what I'm gonna do on that one if we get all the I's dotted/T's crossed for my gal and she decides she wants a PINK rifle... that might be a case of "buy her her own jig and talk her through." LOL)

I think he was talking unmachined 80%s as-received-by-him. An important reminder, though--you can't even do these with the intention of gifting once completed.

However, nothing says you can't pull a Howard Hughes and "build it, use it a bit, get bored with it and decide On To The Next Big Thing..." as long as you have name, location and C/N on it just like a real MFR before you transfer. (Dunno what I'm gonna do on that one if we get all the I's dotted/T's crossed for my gal and she decides she wants a PINK rifle... that might be a case of "buy her her own jig and talk her through." LOL)
I had neither scenario in mind. My intent was to give a few away while they were still 80%. Some folks may insist on paying me what I have in the lower, and I'm OK with that. So long as they go off the radar. If I had more resources I'd start a charity. I could call it 'Far and Wide Receivers' or something like that. Buy them in bulk and give them away to people with a valid CPL. I can just picture one showing up in an attic 50 or 80 years from now. What will that be like?

...I can just picture one showing up in an attic 50 or 80 years from now. What will that be like?

Depending upon how the next 4 election cycles go...

Could be 80 years from now:

"Breaking news...the local village chief, after cordening off the entire property, calls in the state protectorate response team. The response team calls in the special frederal ballistic hazmat crew. The ballistic hazmat crew removes the lower safely and responsibly through the roof. The house, obviously is bulldozed.

Found in the back yard are the remains of the family whom once actually owned the property (imagine having actually owning property! Oh How anti-State those people were back then!). It's assumed that the family had resisted the weapons confiscation program of 2023, and were repurposed. Documents of the confiscation program in that grid have been misplaced, so "the registry" will never know which confiscation group was involved in the families repurpose as opposed to there re-education..."

...in other breaking news..."the State has just now released new brown colored overalls for those designated to field work. The new brown color is similar to previously assigned brown overalls for those assigned to waste reclamation & procurement systems. All previous off -grey colored field use overalls must be turned in by 4 weeks ago, meal tickets have been confiscated. As always & for a friendly reminder, having more than 2weeks worth of hard-tack on hand is considered hoarding, punishable by family repurpose...."

"Breaking news...the local village chief, after cordening off the entire property, calls in the state protectorate response team. The response team calls in the special frederal ballistic hazmat crew. The ballistic hazmat crew removes the lower safely and responsibly through the roof. The house, obviously is bulldozed.

Found in the back yard are the remains of the family whom once actually owned the property (imagine having actually owning property! Oh How anti-State those people were back then!). It's assumed that the family had resisted the weapons confiscation program of 2023, and were repurposed. Documents of the confiscation program in that grid have been misplaced, so "the registry" will never know which confiscation group was involved in the families repurpose as opposed to there re-education..."

...in other breaking news..."the State has just now released new brown colored overalls for those designated to field work. The new brown color is similar to previously assigned brown overalls for those assigned to waste reclamation & procurement systems. All previous off -grey colored field use overalls must be turned in by 4 weeks ago, meal tickets have been confiscated. As always & for a friendly reminder, having more than 2weeks worth of hard-tack on hand is considered hoarding, punishable by family repurpose...."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! But we aren't far from it. Look at all these law breakers that the cops shoot, well, a truck could be a gun and clearly a black man flat on his back with is hands raised next to an autistic boy should be repurposed....:mad: and they have thrown away the key on those BLM (Land Man) occupiers.

Brutus Out

Sounds like one of Bernie's daydreams.

@Joe Link @NWCustomFirearms Don't know if this tidbit helps you guys out, but I just found a 50-pack of Anderson lowers at Wise Arms for $1900. Sold out, but maybe if they can get another batch... that's like $40 each plus shipping. List from the manufacturer is $53 each.
I've seen them going for around $60 lately. The cheapest I ever saw them was $40.

@Joe Link @NWCustomFirearms Don't know if this tidbit helps you guys out, but I just found a 50-pack of Anderson lowers at Wise Arms for $1900. Sold out, but maybe if they can get another batch... that's like $40 each plus shipping. List from the manufacturer is $53 each.

Depending on other costs, I think that'd be well within our reach. I'll see if what they say.

Joe, from the correspondence I've exchanged Tim over there seems pretty interested in working with the customer--he had an Anderson complete build that I was wondering if it could be offered as a no-receiver "build kit" and was willing to knock off $100 to do it. Only way better might be to have NWCustom contact Anderson direct, or find somebody else that'll do bulk-buys.

IMO - best would be to find a store (as mentioned?) that would do a bulk buy/sell for cash so no transaction shows up on any person's financial records except the store.

I say this because the BATF has in the past decided something previously legal was now illegal and then asked for the records of various manufacturers/etc.

If I wanted a ghost gun, that would be the way I would do it.

Depending on shipping, that works out to like $38 each which is about as cheap as I can get them so that's not a bad price. Most places nowadays is limiting me to how many I can buy, usually 2-3 at a time. If you wanted to do a bulk buy at this prices your out the door price would be somewhere around 50. I will see if I can contact Anderson directly today and see what they can do for me in a direct bulk buy :)

I would be interested in at least two. Already have the tools from hubby's AR10 build, but could always use a jig. :p

We can make it to Vancouver or Portland in about 3 hours. I might even be able to talk hubby into picking up a couple riders from Bremerton or south of Tacoma.;)

Last Edited:
So here's what we need to know:

PREFERRED MATERIAL: Metal or Hybrid (I'm gonna say pure-polys are best avoided).

BUDGET: How much are you willing to pay? As noted, for example looking at list-prices a Tennessee Arms hybrid starts at $75, adding a jig takes it to $100 and the jig with bits takes it to $110 with all you need to provide being the power-tools. (On the other hand, their ready-to-builds start at $43.) An Anderson 80% in aluminum starts at $53, for comparison, and goes to $105 with jig and bits ready-for-bench.

SUGGESTED EPL's and jigs: EPL's and jigs you've had good results with.

BLACKLISTED VENDORS: EPL/jig makers who've been substandard, Ripoff Artistes or otherwise better avoided.

I "might be interested" in a few.

1. No way in he!! am I going to say definately yes online. The current political forecast is way too ambiguous, no idea what gun laws will look like in the future.

2. Complete only, 7075 minimum, no poly.

3. Money is always tight. Cheaper is always better. The price needs to be decently competitive with online retailers.

Why can't these be available at a local business/shop? Walk in, pay your money and leave with one. Order 2-300 (or whatever) and simply say, "come and get 'em!" Maybe a chance for a local supporting vendor to step up?? (I have no idea if its legal for gun shops to sell/distribute these). I would much rather pay a few extra dollars to a local business for a private transaction than have a publicly viewable online record of my business. Just my two cents.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top