JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you participate in an NWFA 80% Lower group-buy?

• Yes, sign me up!

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Maybe, depends... (please explain in comment)

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No thanks, not interested.

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
@Ura-Ki, the other complication is the BATF***ers decided "you have to own the tools you make your own receiver with" to do away with things like the "build parties" Rick Celata at KT Ordnance and other "undesirable proliferators" used to hold.

Such an event might require Lower+Jig packages, assuming the BATFinks are willing to meet partway...

etrain16, we're talking about two different things. Joe and NWCustom are working on completes (which is where I was referring to about needing OR and maybe ID FFL's in the mix), and I'm still trying to gather data to try for a bulk-discount on 80%s.

One thread, two separate projects, in fact I'm tempted to suggest that "NWFA Custom Full Lowers" be split off to a new thread as the "junior" half of the discussion to reduce such confusion. :)

Okay, I thought we were only talking about 80% lowers. I was definitely corn-fused...:confused:

I was thinking more of an "informal event" with pizza and Pepsi and there just happens to be a drill press sitting there in the corner minding it's own business! I wouldn't wanna have BAt......fer's craching the party, but I think there can be a work around! Maybe an "off line" deal made between members?

I was thinking more of an "informal event" with pizza and Pepsi and there just happens to be a drill press sitting there in the corner minding it's own business! I wouldn't wanna have BAt......fer's craching the party, but I think there can be a work around! Maybe an "off line" deal made between members?

Yeah, and you probably have one of them un-registered 80% drill presses just to keep it out of sight of the guverment...:rolleyes:

Dump the anti-2A Poopsie and substitute Dr Pepper and I'm on board with a "Pick Up Your Parts Party" if I can figure out getting there and back... make sure it's good local pizza as opposed to the big nationals too. (Domino's and Papa John's are okay, it's just that the little joints run by people with a passion for their craft are always better. :) )

Since we are in the NW how bout approaching Aero Precision to do our EPLs? Nice to do bidness local, not the cheapest but nice quality for the bux.

Brutus Out
Would be nice, but last I knew AP does "complete only"--they don't have an 80% or Determination Letter in the catalog. (First requirement on an EPL, a DL that your blank is legally a Non-Firearm.) It's not as simple as just "don't mill trigger pocket and don't drill FCG pins and you're Good2Go"...

Would be nice, but last I knew AP does "complete only"--they don't have an 80% or Determination Letter in the catalog. (First requirement on an EPL, a DL that your blank is legally a Non-Firearm.) It's not as simple as just "don't mill trigger pocket and don't drill FCG pins and you're Good2Go"...

Well, Rome wasn't built in a day, but they finished it that night.

We could always ASK.

Brutus out

Last Edited:
I'm all for H-K flat makers as well!
Rustle up some suppliers, both parts and jigs/tools... :)

For a first go I would suggest keeping things simple, as few "moving parts" to fight with in the process as possible, then maybe follow up with another a few months later. Crawl before ya waalk, walk before ya run, right? :)

Sounds like a good idea! I have been considering this for a while, since the start of the last panic, however it just seemed cost prohibitive. Every time I have looked, even during the panic it was only slightly more or even cheaper to buy stripped lowers. If the deal was right, I'd be interested.

Good to see a plan coming together on the "Complete" side. :) Next thing there would be finding an OR-side FFL to work with NWCF for the southern part of our community...

OK, now that we've worked out a possible hookup on Ready To Builds, since the preference for "no markings of any kind" has been established... what would the preferences be on a bulk-buy for EPL's? For simplicity's sake I think we can assume AR15 only, so that takes it down to just the questions of budget, materials and Thumbs Up/Down on various suppliers.
Once the run on Glock 80% lowers slow down (last I heard they were still on serious backorder) it would be nice to get a bunch of those.

AR Lower NF.jpg

I'd be in for a couple AR 80% with NWFA logo but no other designation (serial numbers). Metal or hybrid would be fine but probably not strictly poly. No need for a jig at my house.

Putting a serial # on an 80% firearm doesn't link it to any given person unless that serial # is recorded somewhere (e.g. 4473, NICS, etc.) - so I don't see the harm in it, and there are a couple of advantages:

1) If it is stolen/etc., then you have something you can give to the LEOs and/or insurance co.

2) If you encounter a LEO who has never heard of 80% lowers, then a serial # makes it look like any other firearm and it won't raise any red flags.

3) If you decide to sell it or give it to someone, then you are legal.

BTW - someone mentioned getting some 80% lowers with the intention of selling them?

:s0154:

It is okay to sell them - eventually - but you can't make them into a firearm with the intention of then turning around and selling them. That makes you a manufacturer. The BATF has already voiced their opinion on this. It is a no-no

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top