JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Another reminder to add:

Check places like craigslist to see if they are hosting an event or trying to spread the message for people to gather to assist in petition signing and offering incentives for a few days. Again check the big population density areas as there is a section of craigslist dedicated to counties/regions.

Now that we are in the summer months: Coast ranges are highly trafficked for people of tourism attractions and make a good organic source so do not rule out that they won't have boots on ground or people willing to travel around.

This won't be the first or last time ads have been placed seeking hands for political reasons.

This should help clue you in.

I would hope so, but I also know there are enough psycho, unemployed, activist losers that can spend all day, every day, collecting signature.

So to get the qualifying number they need well over 100k signatures. I don't think it's possible.

So to get the qualifying number they need well over 100k signatures. I don't think it's possible.

Estimate is they need 130,000 to be solidly assured of success. There are over 1,000,000 people in the PDX metro area alone. While I agree, it's a huge hill to climb, I've learned to never underestimate these people when they're working together toward a goal. Still, I hope for a colossal failure for them. And if they do fail, you can be sure they'll immediately file for 2020 so they don't run into a schedule issue again.

Several places to watch, the light rail stations and transit centers, down town PDX in and around Pioneer square, and the Collage campuses, particularly PSU! They will focuse their efforts at large public spaces and they will alo have a call to their members to come to the church to sign! This needs to be documented as well, if they call folks to sign out in front of the church, that needs to be forwarded to the IRS as well!

Several places to watch, the light rail stations and transit centers, down town PDX in and around Pioneer square, and the Collage campuses, particularly PSU! They will focuse their efforts at large public spaces and they will alo have a call to their members to come to the church to sign! This needs to be documented as well, if they call folks to sign out in front of the church, that needs to be forwarded to the IRS as well!

Thankfully spring term will be over by the time they can start. And while there will be summer term students, they will be far less in number than the spring term students. They'll have to work harder to get those numbers.

I'm thinking that if this goes to the polls the pro=gun middle and conservatives will come out of the wood work and vote a bunch of bums out of office. I hope so.

Agreed.
To get even more conservatives to vote, consider signing the IP22 petition to stop Oregon from being a sanctuary state. One more conservative ballot measure should help our side. Instructions for printing/sending a signature sheet here:

Stop Oregon Sanctuaries - SOS | sanctuary cities

Here's the ballot title info and text:
http://oregonvotes.org/irr/2018/022cbt.pdf

EDIT: I'm guessing the IP43 signature gathering may take place in many PDX liberal churches. They can get a lot quickly that way. Maybe also sporting events/concerts???

Agreed.
To get even more conservatives to vote, consider signing the IP22 petition to stop Oregon from being a sanctuary state. One more conservative ballot measure should help our side. Instructions for printing/sending a signature sheet here:

Stop Oregon Sanctuaries - SOS | sanctuary cities

Here's the ballot title info and text:
http://oregonvotes.org/irr/2018/022cbt.pdf

EDIT: I'm guessing the IP43 signature gathering may take place in many PDX liberal churches. They can get a lot quickly that way. Maybe also sporting events/concerts???

2x printed and signed. Will mail tomorrow.

Nor have I, don't expect that to get much traction, though wish it would. Perhaps I need to write a note to Donald, make him aware of the situation... :rolleyes:
They all talk smack about Donald on tv including Brownstein. We need big don to come mop up the floor with these communist.

Remember to ask the signature gatherers "Do any other states have ban assault weapons like the AR15?"

and when they list these states (taken form their facebook page and their signature gatherer training information) make sure you record them. It is a straight up lie (one of those states is not like the others).

Untitled.png

This is the question that will burn them every time. It is too late and too ingrained in them to change it. They have said it so many times that they believe it truth.

Remember to ask the signature gatherers "Do any other states have ban assault weapons like the AR15?"

and when they list these states (taken form their facebook page and their signature gatherer training information) make sure you record them. It is a straight up lie (one of those states is not like the others).

View attachment 472532

This is the question that will burn them every time. It is too late and too ingrained in them to change it. They have said it so many times that they believe it truth.

Sorry if I am dense, but can you be a little more direct regarding the comments on your lasat post? If you are intentionally being covert, I understand in case there are trolls on our site, but I don't understand your point about what the signature gatherers are lying about and what it means if we can catch them on video/audio verbally restating the lie.

Thanks.

Sorry if I am dense, but can you be a little more direct regarding the comments on your lasat post? If you are intentionally being covert, I understand in case there are trolls on our site, but I don't understand your point about what the signature gatherers are lying about and what it means if we can catch them on video/audio verbally restating the lie.

Thanks.
Yes, I'm trying to be a little more obtuse but I doubt they would even try to fix this information

Hawaii does not have an assault rifle ban. They have been pushing that information forever. The person sitting next to me right now owns an AR15 and an AK47.

If they say Hawaii as an assault rifle ban, it is a lie. This information is on their signature gatherer training and they have already done training.

Here is a AK advertised on a website for a gun store in Honolulu:
Danger Close Tactical

This is the easiest question to catch their signature gatherers on a lie.

Yes, I'm trying to be a little more obtuse but I doubt they would even try to fix this information

Hawaii does not have an assault rifle ban. They have been pushing that information forever. The person sitting next to me right now owns an AR15 and an AK47.

If they say Hawaii as an assault rifle ban, it is a lie. This information is on their signature gatherer training and they have already done training.

Here is a AK advertised on a website for a gun store in Honolulu:
Danger Close Tactical

This is the easiest question to catch their signature gatherers on a lie.

Thanks for the clarification.

On the second part, assume I have my iphone on record mode (secretly) and get them on camera or audio stating the lie. What do I do with this information and what ramifications does it have on their signature collection process? Are only the signatures gathered by this one person voided? Does it impact other signature gatherers efforts?

Just want to understand, because getting these lemmings to lie and getting audio/visual proof probably isn't too hard, but if doing so doesn't seriously torpedo their campaign, why bother?

Thanks for the clarification.

On the second part, assume I have my iphone on record mode (secretly) and get them on camera or audio stating the lie. What do I do with this information and what ramifications does it have on their signature collection process? Are only the signatures gathered by this one person voided? Does it impact other signature gatherers efforts?

Just want to understand, because getting these lemmings to lie and getting audio/visual proof probably isn't too hard, but if doing so doesn't seriously torpedo their campaign, why bother?

It is a felony to lie about what is on the initiative when gathering signatures. You get evidence and report it to the secretary of state. Not only do they commit a felony by lying all their signature forms (which they have to sign and date at the bottom) will get thrown out.

This is a constant talking point from ceasefire. that we have a assault rifle ban in Hawaii. We dont.

If you ask them "what other states have a ban like this"
and they list those 7 you ask "so in Hawaii you cant buy a AR15?"
when they say "yes that is true" they have lied.

I'd act like a anti-gun person. Be happy that 'all those states' have bans. support their position so they feel comfortable spouting their lies.

"It is against the law for circulators to:

• Circulate a petition containing a false signature.
  • Make false statements to anyone who signs the petition or requests information about it.
  • Try to obtain the signature of a person who is not qualified to sign the petition.
  • Offer money or anything of value to another person to sign or not sign the petition.
  • Sell or offer to sell signature sheets.
  • Write, alter, correct, clarify or obscure any information about a signer unless the signer initials after the change is made.
    • A circulator may assist a disabled signer who requests assistance completing their printed name, address and date signed.
  • For initiative, referendum and candidate nominating petitions, accept compensation to circulate a petition that is based on the number of signatures obtained.
Violations of the circulator requirements may result in conviction of a felony, with a fine of up to $125,000 and/or prison for up to five years, in accordance with ORS 260.715."

It is a felony to lie about what is on the initiative when gathering signatures. You get evidence and report it to the secretary of state. Not only do they commit a felony by lying all their signature forms (which they have to sign and date at the bottom) will get thrown out.

This is a constant talking point from ceasefire. that we have a assault rifle ban in Hawaii. We dont.

If you ask them "what other states have a ban like this"
and they list those 7 you ask "so in Hawaii you cant buy a AR15?"
when they say "yes that is true" they have lied.

I'd act like a anti-gun person. Be happy that 'all those states' have bans. support their position so they feel comfortable spouting their lies.

"It is against the law for circulators to:

• Circulate a petition containing a false signature.
  • Make false statements to anyone who signs the petition or requests information about it.
  • Try to obtain the signature of a person who is not qualified to sign the petition.
  • Offer money or anything of value to another person to sign or not sign the petition.
  • Sell or offer to sell signature sheets.
  • Write, alter, correct, clarify or obscure any information about a signer unless the signer initials after the change is made.
    • A circulator may assist a disabled signer who requests assistance completing their printed name, address and date signed.
  • For initiative, referendum and candidate nominating petitions, accept compensation to circulate a petition that is based on the number of signatures obtained.
Violations of the circulator requirements may result in conviction of a felony, with a fine of up to $125,000 and/or prison for up to five years, in accordance with ORS 260.715."

Thanks! I learned something today :)

If I run into one of those bubblegummers, I will try it. However, I am sure that when brought to the attention of the appropriate folks, their response will be something like "oh, it was a minor, unintentional mistake on their part, no harm done."

Thanks! I learned something today :)

If I run into one of those bubblegummers, I will try it. However, I am sure that when brought to the attention of the appropriate folks, their response will be something like "oh, it was a minor, unintentional mistake on their part, no harm done."
No, not true! The first thing I would do is post your video to YouTube and coppies to several friends, then contact the Sec State Dennis Richards and he will instruct you on what to do with your evidence! He will likely have you email it directly to him for review and action to follow if it's found creditable!
Make sure to act low key when recording and asking your questions, don't be confrontational, simply ask and observe, and walk away when you get what your after! Don't engage in any dialog outside your Q.A. session with the Gatherers, exit stage right and boogy with your evidence!

Well, as the clock ticks away the minutes and hours, I see their dreams and glee circling the drain. The Oregon Supreme Court, for all their attempts at fast tracking this, have to follow the laws and the appeals that have been filed. Although this is not yet a win for our side, it's certainly getting closer.

We, as a community of gun owners need to get active in the political and election process now. We need to contribute our time, efforts and finances to getting those elected who will proctect our Constitutional and civil rights.
We have a real opportunity to gain some ground in Salem this year, now is not the time to sit on our laurels.

Talk up the need to vote and be involved, without participation, especially participation in the vote, we will gain nothing. But getting out the vote could cause a paradigm shift in the power in Salem...

No, not true! The first thing I would do is post your video to YouTube and coppies to several friends, then contact the Sec State Dennis Richards and he will instruct you on what to do with your evidence! He will likely have you email it directly to him for review and action to follow if it's found creditable!
Make sure to act low key when recording and asking your questions, don't be confrontational, simply ask and observe, and walk away when you get what your after! Don't engage in any dialog outside your Q.A. session with the Gatherers, exit stage right and boogy with your evidence!

"Hi, my name is @tourproto and I want to thank you guys for standing up to Trump and the NRA! Who do I have the pleasure (try not to vomit into your mouth) of speaking to? You guys are really making progress keeping our children safe (from Liberty and Freedom you effing effers), what states already ban AR-15's and other assault weapons? Hawaii doesn't surprise me a bit, I bet they were the first one. I'm so impressed that you are volunteering your time out here in this heat. Don't they even buy you lunch (I'll make you a "special" sandwich, just don't get any TP stuck in your teeth) or give you gas money, or anything? Hey, gotta go - I already signed over at the dope shop, don't want to break any laws by signing twice, you know. OK, I'll make an exception just this once... you know I don't want to get you guys in trouble in case someone is watching so I'll pass anyway, Keep us the good work! (cheeze deek)"

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews