JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Backers Of Oregon Gun Storage Measure Call Off Effort — For Now

"Backers of a proposal that would have required Oregonians to lock up their guns announced Wednesday they are shelving their effort for now.

The group behind the proposal to strengthen the state's gun laws, which includes two people who lost family members during the 2012 mass shootings at the Clackamas Town Center mall, said they will work to strengthen the state's gun-storage requirements during the 2019 legislative session and ask voters to weigh in on the issue again in 2020."

Backers Of Oregon Gun Storage Measure Call Off Effort — For Now

"Backers of a proposal that would have required Oregonians to lock up their guns announced Wednesday they are shelving their effort for now.

The group behind the proposal to strengthen the state's gun laws, which includes two people who lost family members during the 2012 mass shootings at the Clackamas Town Center mall, said they will work to strengthen the state's gun-storage requirements during the 2019 legislative session and ask voters to weigh in on the issue again in 2020."

Gun control people tend to come in a few general types:
  1. Useful idiots who have been convinced that they are doing the right thing or think that they will have some elevated status later. Many of them are ignorant people who think that an inanimate object can commit murder in the same way a shovel can dig a hole all by itself.
  2. Other useful idiots who are attention seekers playing the victim card. David Hogg, for example. Hiding in a closet did not make him a victim, yet here he is.
  3. Actual victims who in their grief think they can somehow bring back a loved one by taking rights away from others.
  4. The organization leaders who know bloody well they are working to take the Civil Right to defend yourself, your family, and your country away in order to institute a Tyranny where they will have power over your life.

Any updates today? It's been quiet since Friday. Obviously every day that passes without the SC ruling on this is good news for us. I've heard nothing from OFF or the OOC yet. @daiello91 have you heard anything today?

According to the ceasefire page, as of June 24th they are still waiting on word from the Oregon Supreme Court before they start gathering.

According to the ceasefire page, as of June 24th they are still waiting on word from the Oregon Supreme Court before they start gathering.

Well, I figure there's only maybe an hour or so left before today's business day wraps up, so hopefully it drags on again.

Any updates today? It's been quiet since Friday. Obviously every day that passes without the SC ruling on this is good news for us. I've heard nothing from OFF or the OOC yet. @daiello91 have you heard anything today?

We expect(ed) a decision from the Supreme Court today or tomorrow.

As far as I'm concerned, 43 is dead. That might be premature, and we're not stopping any legal actions that may come up going forward, but that's my opinion.

At the earliest, if a decision comes today, they won't be gather signatures until July 3rd (every day pushes that another day out). Meaning they miss their "ace in the hole" the Greatful Dead Concert.

We expect(ed) a decision from the Supreme Court today or tomorrow.

As far as I'm concerned, 43 is dead. That might be premature, and we're not stopping any legal actions that may come up going forward, but that's my opinion.

I agree, it is most likely dead, however, I'd be happier to hear they've given up even trying, as the other group did with IP44. If they don't even start collecting signatures, I think that's much better news. As it stands, the best case scenario for for them is 10 days to collect at least 100,000 signatures - I don't see how they could pull that off.

I agree, it is most likely dead, however, I'd be happier to hear they've given up even trying, as the other group did with IP44. If they don't even start collecting signatures, I think that's much better news. As it stands, the best case scenario for for them is 10 days to collect at least 100,000 signatures - I don't see how they could pull that off.

I edited above while you replied. So adding the edit here, too.

At the earliest, if a decision comes today, they won't be gather signatures until July 3rd (every day pushes that another day out). Meaning they miss their "ace in the hole" the Greatful Dead Concert.

About the only thing I could think of would be they hold a huge rally or protest to try and get a bunch of quick numbers while trained goons spread across the state will be ready in other large population spaces. Wouldnt put it past them to be working on counter measure drills.

Never underestimate the resolve of gun owners when you threaten their ability to protect themselves and their loved ones. Or their Civil rights...

We may be a quiet bunch, which begs the question, why do they want to keep
Poking the bear?!?!

Makes no sense to those of us who think logically and not emotionally....

I edited above while you replied. So adding the edit here, too.

Well, if the earliest they could start is July 3rd, you're right, this thing is toast.

Not looking good for our brothers and sisters to the north
WTF.jpg

Does that sign actually say "Washington Voters Please Sing Here"?!??

LOL! My perception of this crew is that they are, with few exception, completely lacking in mental competence.

Beyond that, I am not finding much. Ceasefire Oregon seems pretty quiet right now. Here's hoping IP-43 has failed. And now is time for us to work on the counter attack.

Shakspeare Henry V, in Act IV Scene iii

"We few, we happy few, we band of deplorables;
For he and she to-day that fights this tyrany with me
Shall be my brother and sister..."

Modified a little.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class