JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
training for the signature gatherers-
monkey wrenches anyone?

www.lifteveryvoiceoregon.com
Updates On Initiative
May 30, 2018 - 12:00 noon and 7:00 pm - Please join us at Augustana Lutheran Church, 2710 NE 14th Ave. (corner of NE Knott and NE 15th Ave), Portland, OR 97212. There will be two trainings this day-- one at noon (12 p.m.) and one at 7 p.m. These trainings will be less than one hour in length and are open to all who want to support this effort by learning how to effectively gather signatures to put this measure on the November 6, 2018 ballot.

The push for 88,184 signatures will not begin until we have cleared any court challenges to the Ballot Title. We will keep you posted to let you know when those petitions will be available.

Yep they will try again for the 2020 ballot, so be ready.

No doubt they will - and they'll be better prepared, save for an attempt at a misleading ballot title again. But then, they can submit for that ballot title early enough for the 2020 cycle to be certain that any challenges will clear the courts well ahead of the deadline.

Their big mistake was trying to push this through in an election year - this isn't the legislature, you can't declare and emergency and force it through. In this case, the bloated bureaucracy may just be in our favor. Not so much in 2020. That's of course assuming the legislature doesn't just try to push this through in 2019, assuming Oregon voters give the anti's the majority, again.

No doubt they will - and they'll be better prepared, save for an attempt at a misleading ballot title again. But then, they can submit for that ballot title early enough for the 2020 cycle to be certain that any challenges will clear the courts well ahead of the deadline.

Their big mistake was trying to push this through in an election year - this isn't the legislature, you can't declare and emergency and force it through. In this case, the bloated bureaucracy may just be in our favor. Not so much in 2020. That's of course assuming the legislature doesn't just try to push this through in 2019, assuming Oregon voters give the anti's the majority, again.
Reality is, even if we are successful in keeping this off the ballot or cause its defeat in November, make no mistake the legislature will be more than happy to pick up the torch in January and jam this legislation down our respective throats, just like they have the past few years...

Reality is, even if we are successful in keeping this off the ballot or cause its defeat in November, make no mistake the legislature will be more than happy to pick up the torch in January and jam this legislation down our respective throats, just like they have the past few years...

What's odd to me is that they didn't do it when they had an undefeatable super-majority a few years back. They could have passed anything they wanted and no one could have stopped them - what we got was SB941 - hardly as deep as they could have cut us. I have to wonder why? And why didn't they attempt something more than they did this year? They still hold the majority. I can't help but wonder if something isn't holding them back - I just don't know what. And if something is holding them back - maybe fear of legal reprisals, fear of loss of their majority, etc., I hope it continues. But for now, I'm truly surprised that in 2018, we still haven't seen things like mag restrictions, gun bans, etc. I thought for sure we'd have had those in the last 6 years.

I also think this ballot measure will be a test case for them - if this thing goes down in flames, they may want to back off the attack just enough to keep voters on their side. Fact is Kate Brown's election numbers haven't exactly been landslides. She barely got 50% of the vote and may feel like she's right on the fringe of getting booted if they do the wrong thing to too many people.

What's odd to me is that they didn't do it when they had an undefeatable super-majority a few years back. They could have passed anything they wanted and no one could have stopped them - what we got was SB941 - hardly as deep as they could have cut us. I have to wonder why? And why didn't they attempt something more than they did this year? They still hold the majority. I can't help but wonder if something isn't holding them back - I just don't know what. And if something is holding them back - maybe fear of legal reprisals, fear of loss of their majority, etc., I hope it continues. But for now, I'm truly surprised that in 2018, we still haven't seen things like mag restrictions, gun bans, etc. I thought for sure we'd have had those in the last 6 years.

I also think this ballot measure will be a test case for them - if this thing goes down in flames, they may want to back off the attack just enough to keep voters on their side. Fact is Kate Brown's election numbers haven't exactly been landslides. She barely got 50% of the vote and may feel like she's right on the fringe of getting booted if they do the wrong thing to too many people.
I concur, it's about retaining power, but this initiative process has had to embolden them, perhaps to the point of pushing harder the next time around.

One thing for sure, Knute needs to oust Ole Kate...

Does a I.P. have to be signed by the goveror after being voted in ?

They'll be back

Yes they will. FWIW I'm not 100% they won't make it on this time. Not hard to find 88,000 White Male/Any Male/SUV/Tump/America/American History/football/war movie/red meat/gun haters in Multnomah County.

Good thing school will be out for the summer shortly.. Less time for some idiot kid to commit another atrocity that would almost certainly torpedo all of us.

The one fear that's holding these clowns back is the threat of violence from the right, and they are rightly concerned there. They know they are pushing things right to the edge, the only problem is they do not know exactly where that edge is, so they are holding back a little. Look at the demo from back east that slipped up and basically spilled the beans on their plans, they KNOW we are armed, and that's why they gold back just a little, coming they can sneak one in under the radar, a little bit at a time, until they are in a position to take every thing!
These bubblegummers had better be careful, they try this chit in 2020, things might be a lot more difficult for them! And we may be in the middle of Doin Patriot Stuff by then, so...........

The one fear that's holding these clowns back is the threat of violence from the right, and they are rightly concerned there. They know they are pushing things right to the edge, the only problem is they do not know exactly where that edge is, so they are holding back a little. Look at the demo from back east that slipped up and basically spilled the beans on their plans, they KNOW we are armed, and that's why they gold back just a little, coming they can sneak one in under the radar, a little bit at a time, until they are in a position to take every thing!
These bubblegummers had better be careful, they try this chit in 2020, things might be a lot more difficult for them! And we may be in the middle of Doin Patriot Stuff by then, so...........
Let's be ready to show them where the edge is.

Not only that, but they have to be very much aware that a large number of law enforcement agencies, both sheriff's departments as well as local LE's outside of the PDX/Metro, Eugene and Bend areas, are refusing to enforce these laws, meaning they are left with enforcement, if any, taking place in relatively small geographic areas.

What I so find intersting is the "Church" group leading this push MAY have pushed the bounds our State politicos are/were willing to go with their "Plan" and it may really bite them in the AZZ! Be really intersting to see IF the State Supream holds it off long enough to make null and void, of if they run with it and the politicos back it up!

It still has to be enforced, and that's very unlikely, but we will see!

Last Edited:
What I so find intersting is the "Church" group leading this push MAY have pushed the bounds our State politicos are/were willing to go with their "Plan" and it may really bite them in the AZZ! Be really intersting to see IF the State Supream holds it off long enough to make null and void, of if they run with it and the politicos back it up!

It still has to be enforced, and that's very unlikely, but we will see!

I was thinking along the same lines, which, I think, is why you're hearing nothing but complete silence from politicians in Oregon on this. I agree, I think this proposed ballot measure oversteps the plans they have in Salem, too much, too fast, is likely to get pushback at the polls.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads