JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It violates the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986

"No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation."

This actually means there are no exceptions.
Problem is that pesky little thing called "Standing"... you can't do crap to sue about it in Federal court until you've been done harm by it.

They have 2 months to gather signatures, right? Or does OSC have to address all legal challenges first, before signatures may be gathered?

My understanding is that anyone who submitted a challenge to the draft title now has the ability to challenge the final title at the State Supreme Court level - and, I believe that has to be resolved before they can gather signatures. I also understand the court is backed up well into the summer now. I don't think this is over yet. I thought I read in one of these threads that the NRA has committed to jump into court on this - just not sure if that's at this level, or later after it becomes law (if it were to pass). I think a handful of others have committed to taking this to court as well.

My understanding is that anyone who submitted a challenge to the draft title now has the ability to challenge the final title at the State Supreme Court level - and, I believe that has to be resolved before they can gather signatures. I also understand the court is backed up well into the summer now. I don't think this is over yet. I thought I read in one of these threads that the NRA has committed to jump into court on this - just not sure if that's at this level, or later after it becomes law (if it were to pass). I think a handful of others have committed to taking this to court as well.

I did submit commentary and would be happy to join in on a lawsuit; though I have no idea how the process works.

So here's something I just thought about.

Since AR-15 lowers have no features and they're what's considered a firearm, would I still be able to buy them? I'm assuming the "any semiautomatic rifle shorter than 30 inches" rule would invalidate lowers, but I haven't heard anyone ask about it yet so I'm curious.

Okay... time to put your money where your mouth is. Some pro-gun group is going to hire (or have) a high end dedicated attorney to object to this "Ballot Inititive Title" through the Oregon Supreme Court. Who is it and will you back them? If this gets to the ballot box I am concerned it may pass.

I have a couple of Benjamins to donate to the cause, and my Freedom. What say you?

Okay... time to put your money where your mouth is. Some pro-gun group is going to hire (or have) a high end dedicated attorney to object to this "Ballot Inititive Title" through the Oregon Supreme Court. Who is it and will you back them? If this gets to the ballot box I am concerned it may pass.

I have a couple of Benjamins to donate to the cause, and my Freedom. What say you?
see my link above. OFF and Oregon Outdoor Council are both challenging it. I donated to Oregon Outdoor Council
OR IP 43 Language Finalized:

Here you go - Oregon Outdoor Council and OFF have both committed to challenges: OR IP 43 Language Finalized:

any secret squirrels going to check this out?
Home
UPDATE: Join us Thursday, May 24! There will be a press conference for the Lift Every Voice Oregon Campaign at 10:30 a.m. at Augustana Lutheran Church (corner of NE Knott and NE 15th St.), Portland Oregon. Interfaith leaders of the IP 43 Campaign will be joined by others to offer statements on Santa Fe and Thurston high schools, comments on the IP 43 Revised Ballot Title, and key announcements about statewide campaign developments, training and an ever-expanding network of support.

A training session will follow for those interested in circulating IP 43 when it is available.

any secret squirrels going to check this out?
Home
UPDATE: Join us Thursday, May 24! There will be a press conference for the Lift Every Voice Oregon Campaign at 10:30 a.m. at Augustana Lutheran Church (corner of NE Knott and NE 15th St.), Portland Oregon. Interfaith leaders of the IP 43 Campaign will be joined by others to offer statements on Santa Fe and Thurston high schools, comments on the IP 43 Revised Ballot Title, and key announcements about statewide campaign developments, training and an ever-expanding network of support.

A training session will follow for those interested in circulating IP 43 when it is available.
Someone really needs to go to this and monitor. I would, but can't get out of work today.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads