Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

India's First " Handgun For Women"

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by clambo, Feb 2, 2014.

1. clambo

clambo Vancouver, Wa. Well-Known Member

Gleaned news of this from Facebook. Thought it was entertaining. Two thoughts entered my mind, first is why isnt an American company marketing or exploiting here? They should be. Second thought was if this is Indian thinking and technology at its best, God help them in a war against us.

They say its a S&W-Webley hybrid. Thats freakin funny! Clearly just a little bit more Webley and a little less S&W.

7 Problems Women Have With India's First Gun For Women

2. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Very retro, I want one! 38 special please though.

Martini_Up and (deleted member) like this.
  3. OLDNEWBIE

[video=youtube;ocT8or3yL8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocT8or3yL8I[/video]

4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Look at the comments. It is amazing how many people enjoy being victims.

5. OLDNEWBIE

Buzzfeed isn't exactly a hard edged news source, unfortunately this celebrity worshipping type of "journalism" is what our youth consumes these days and the comments section reflects that mindset. Sad isn't it?

BTW I see P.S. Hoffman overdosed! Big fat lib I'm sure but a great actor. R.I.P..

6. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Hmm. Titanium alloy. I always liked the top-breaks. If I had to have that in .32 I'd handload 1" long wadcutters in it pretty warm.

OLDNEWBIE and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Dang, ain't cheap.....Rs 1,22,360=$1958.50 US @ current rate of exchange......:rollingeyes:

8. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Yea, that's pretty daffy.. their labor costs are probably $5/per. But it's probably smart.. someone probably went to business school.. make the beta testers pay ten times what it should go for. I'd venture the price will shortly come way down or they'll go out of business.

9. OLDNEWBIE

Wonder what the odds are they would export these to us? I'm sure they'd be cheaper here. If they changed the caliber there would be a market for them I think.

10. clambo

clambo Vancouver, Wa. Well-Known Member

You are right, not exactly the most trustworthy news source (what is? ) but I looked at several other sources too before posting. They all said more or less the same thing. For 2 grand it's pretty laughable imho. Seems like a great place for S&W's old and missed Ladysmith line. Mix a 3913 with something archaic, unwieldy, unreliable, and aesthetically unpleasant. Charge $500 for it and sell em like hotcakes.