JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you lost me when you used a guys picture and arrest record and then tried to say the whole thing had nothing to do with him just jenny. while they are very heavy handed, i got dinged for showing GW with a saudi prince in a picture and mentioning wife swap, if this is how you go about making a point it will get shut down from most usable websites.

eh - it's not JUST Jenny - it's her, her sniveling lap dogs that think she can do or say no wrong, the heavy handed moderation, and the fact that the best, most knowledgeable posters have pretty much drifted away or won't share anymore. Oh, and throw in the damned picture nazis that have a seizure anytime you post a picture - either because the fish is out of water, you're holding it "wrong", you posted a picture that shows someone's "secret" spot (the one that 1000000 other guys know about), or some other stupid reason to bubblegum about a picture. The concept of iFish was great. But then the toolbags came in and everything went down hill. I've come and went from that site since it's inception in the mid 90's - and even back then the trolls had found the place, and I remember seeing Jenny's "wrath" unleashed back then too. One guy in particular was a huge wealth of info, became well liked on the board, but he said a few things that Miss Jenny didn't like and BAM - he's persona non-grata and you can't even mention him without risking the ban hammer falling on you.

As for the perverts - pervs hide their perv-ness pretty well. Some use the internet and sites like iFish to find victims - others perv in other ways or places. It just shows us that the Internet lets you be who you want to be - in digital form at least - and unless people have human contact with you, or you windup splayed out in the news for all to see - 99% of people online will never see the real you, unless you want them too, and who knows even.

iFish is a good place to lurk, weed through the BS to find the nuggets of gold, and occasionally sell stuff there. Maybe after a couple years and Jenny's contract with the media conglomerate that now owns iFish is up - they can give her the boot and change things up a bit. But then - that might piss off the other group - the ones who fawn over Jenny, the libs that are just a shade this side of tree hugging dirt worshiping PETA freaks.

There are always alternatives anyway - Oregon Fishing Forum is good. Fly Anglers Online used to be good. Westfly is good too, if you wade through a lot of BS on there.

A few years ago I somehow obtained two ifish stickers. One ended up on my boat. It has since been peeled off a long time ago.

Last October, got a brand new Glock 26. It needed a proper break in. Since the weather yesterday was comfortable the wife was all for it. We loaded up the new gun, along with many others, plenty of ammo and the steel targets I got from Matt at Steel Horse then headed to our favorite (private) shooting spot.

I couldn't think of a better use for the other sticker than this:

During the wife's proper break in, it lasted exactly three rounds. I guess I should have taken a pic right after the point of failure. :D

A fitting end.​

Along with the 10-plus pounds of once fired .223 Rem, .40 S&W, and 9mm brass someone thoughtfully left, we also went home with the now shot up sticker and a full sack of garbage. I really hate the a_holes who leave it out there. Besides, we always try to leave our spot better than we found it.

ifish1_zps34be7c0f.jpg

ifish2_zpsd2858524.jpg

ifish3_zpsd1db3108.jpg

ifish4_zpsbe7bf35c.jpg

Last Edited:
This story has come to an end.

Looks like Salvey was sent to prison.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-city/index.ssf/2015/02/well-known_fishing_guide_sente.html

Wonder how things would have turned out for the victim had she been armed and had some basic firearms skills. My guess the incident wouldn't had happened because Salvey most likely would have had knowledge of the skills she had and the weapon(s) available.

Oh and interestingly enough as of right now there is a thread on ifish about this.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?p=9435793&posted=1#post9435793

Getting back to the original point I made with this thread, how long will it stay up (on ifish)?

Shut down just after 9:23PM... figures - iFish moderators, Jenny, et al cannot stand any criticism, conversation, or even a hint of controversy. I'll be surprised if that thread isn't deleted in short order - they are pretty quick to purge things they find "offensive" and pretend it never happened. If someone speaks of a bannished member, the post gets deleted. For giggles, try talking about the guy who went by "KevinsDriftboat" - dude was sent up the river for being a chi-mo. The thread would be purged almost immediately and the OP likely banned or threatened with banning at the least. Just like it's OK to talk politics - if the thread over there is inline with the mods/jens personal view. God forbid it veer the other direction - lock, warning/ban for the "offender" or your posts just get vaporized.

I blows me away what darkness people can have hidden deep inside them.

I knew the guy only from seeing him on the water. I remember the one day....Over three or so hours watching him put five springers in the boat, in roughly the same area, on the Multnomah Channel. And there weren't a lot of fish being caught. And him being wide open to sharing his technique. Not many successful fishermen do that, let alone a guide.

Being so tortured inside....you just never know with people.

I'm in total agreement
ifish sucks and here's another reason

In addition to being a one sided lib's rule web site
be careful of the moderator protected thiefs that are a part of Jennys gang they will screw you of your funds and then you get a 2 or 3 week suspension for asking for your money back. I don't go on there but only to post in word game . I say this, karma has a way of paying folks like this back for being dishonest. And It's a small world

Last Edited:
I was kicked out for life.

Wear that like a badge of honor!!

To be clear, as stated in other of my comments this thread, (well except for the one where I speculated had the victim been armed) was not directed at Salvey. I always got along with him and he's helped me out on occasion and I've even helped him out too. My intent was simply a running comment on ifish and the inconsistent policies over there.

The latest suck on ifish is the way the self professed queen wrote about "Hog Master" (Gary) who was run off the board several years ago. She blames the moderators, when it was more the puritan values she forces on those that wish to remain in good standing on ifish. Life in her eyes seems to be all lolly pops, puppies and rainbows, and anyone who interferes with that view is someone she sees as the enemy. She refuses to see the harm she does to some very good people. Hog Master was a grand man, his stories were incredible. I feel he was as helpful as anyone you'd ever meet, and though I'd never met him in person I'd had a couple of PMs with him around the time he was run off. As far as I know the final straw was a story about the ducks in Gary's back yard on the Willamette. He referenced the possibility of a certain duck being gay. Well, she calls that "Not family friendly", or "Potty Humor". So maybe "That's when the fight started". I can imagine getting into it with Jennie or the mods ending in a shove it and banning/self banning. No discussion, or meeting in the middle. "My freakish way or the highway" I can't imagine what it must be like to live with Marfans, it must be terrible, but there are all kinds people that live with terrible physical problems without treating people so lousy just for being human.

If you want to read some funny stuff there are links to several of Gary's stories..."The Black Duck Incident" is hilarious if you fish the rivers.

When the mods close something they'll say something like "We got a lot of alerts on this", so a group of cry-babies read something they didn't like and alerted. I guess the mods don't have the intelligence to figure out what to edit without the ifish cry-babies.

I don't know if it's just that fishermen are bigger Richards than firearms people, or if the child like treatment ifishers have to live with over there makes them SEEM like bigger Richards?

I've been a member in good standing a long time. I wanted to send her something RE her front page post but realized it would make no difference at all, and she'd most likely just belittle me. I wrote here instead.

Thank you so much Joe, for a place where people can be people!!!

Mike

Last Edited:
This story has come to an end.

Looks like Salvey was sent to prison.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-city/index.ssf/2015/02/well-known_fishing_guide_sente.html

Wonder how things would have turned out for the victim had she been armed and had some basic firearms skills. My guess the incident wouldn't had happened because Salvey most likely would have had knowledge of the skills she had and the weapon(s) available.

Oh and interestingly enough as of right now there is a thread on ifish about this.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?p=9435793&posted=1#post9435793

Getting back to the original point I made with this thread, how long will it stay up (on ifish)?

The thread in question has now been reopened. It comes with a bunch of hand wringing about the legal aspects of discussing the Salvey case and news article(s) from Jenny and "Consultant"

Joe, what would you say about this??

???

The thread in question has now been reopened. It comes with a bunch of hand wringing about the legal aspects of discussing the Salvey case and news article(s) from Jenny and "Consultant"

Joe, what would you say about this??

???

To be honest, this is something I need to learn more about. We usually error on the side of caution, since anyone can sue anyone for anything at anytime, but I really don't see this as anything more than discussing the news.

It is interesting how heavy handed moderation can destroy a site just as easily as no moderation.o_O Bet it's hard to establish rules that fits most posters and get a moderator that can use them with care.

Edited to add, what I am trying to say is it looks like a moderators job should be done with moderation or those who moderate the moderators will have to find new moderators.:s0125::s0140:

Last Edited:
Honestly, setting the tone and policy for what is and isn't allowed is one of the most challenging aspects of forum ownership. It's a careful balancing act, especially when you have a set of actual, real-world goals. My life would be much easier if the purpose of NWFA was like most other forums, just providing a place to chat.

IMO the net is all about entertainment. Lots of people get entertained voicing their opinions or reading others. How to keep differing opinions from turning it all to a pig style has got to be a challenge but this thread shows it can be done and off topic too. No mention of guns yet the thread goes three pages. It's nice the management allows quality of life threads once in a while.

Thanks Joe for your patience with this thread, I learned a lot and was entertained.

It is interesting how heavy handed moderation can destroy a site just as easily as no moderation.o_O Bet it's hard to establish rules that fits most posters and get a moderator that can use them with care.

Edited to add, what I am trying to say is it looks like a moderators job should be done with moderation or those who moderate the moderators will have to find new moderators.:s0125::s0140:

"Heavy-handed moderators was the reason I left iFish. The one I remember was I created a post titled "retards and live ammunition" about people who think it's funny to throw live round in the campfire.
Apparently the "R-word" might offend someone. Apparently there is a fear that it might apply to a portion of their subscribers. . .

"Heavy-handed moderators was the reason I left iFish. The one I remember was I created a post titled "retards and live ammunition" about people who think it's funny to throw live round in the campfire.
Apparently the "R-word" might offend someone. Apparently there is a fear that it might apply to a portion of their subscribers. . .

The op on this thread seemed to want to hold people accountable for their behavior. Normally moderators will kill a thread and do it in a name of civility. If you really want a civil society you get it with accountability, not censorship.

Your words may have saved someone grief because of your focus on behavior that is moronic. Young people live on the net and learn from what's said. For some it's the only contact they get. They won't learn from censorship and so our kids become uncivilized morons.

Just my opiniono_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads