JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What really sucks is when all the court preceedings are done and a guy is found not guilty, the ex-wife usually walks away laughing after ruining a guy's career is not held accountable for their false accusations.

I did not read the thread and have no desire to do so.

Regardless of how you might feel about said website, the thread should have been locked.

Gossip threads like that always goes sideways.

How much you want to bet if he is found not guilty, he won't see very many apologies from those that trashed him.

Or he'll have some pretty sweet stories to tell his clients on the boat once this thing blows over.

Yes, 100%, b
Yes, 100%, but NOT with our current system. If a guilty person has served their time (all of it appropriate for the crime) and are deemed fit to be in society they should have ALL of their rights. If they are not fit to be in society they should not be in society at all............

ALL rights or NO rights.........
Nwcid, I Somewhat understand your point. Especially understanding that our current system does not work. Who deems whether someone is fit to be in society or not. The court system? The victim? Interesting thought. Huh. Some of these criminals are a masters of deception, and claim that they are cured, phycologist,and probation officers claim that they are cured. Plus with all their appropriate time served. You think they should have ALL of their rights back. I personally think NOT! A lot of these F~tards use the excuse "Oh I was drunk", or "Oh I was on drugs" or " It happened because I was under the influence". I say " No " it happened because of the nature of them! Your view,my view, may vary on what we would consider appropriate prison time, it could be the same. Maybe even more than the victim of these crimes. My view for rape, molestation, murder, is DEATH, if proven guilty. Just because you serve your time does not excuse the vile act in which was committed under no circumstance. I think we both agree, that low level crimes, as in non violent, you should be able to regain your good standing after appropriate time served, plus probation. You said "all rights, or no rights" I say " Certain crimes that are committed, your rights are gone FOREVER!" If I misunderstood your reply, I apologize. I just think certain crimes are unforgivable, no matter the length of time served.

The problem is the idea that freeing criminals who are still violent and thinking they are safe because a law says they can't own guns.

Or it can read like this once a criminal (person who breaks laws) has been released from jail he will follow law (what he broke to be a criminal in the first place) that says they can't own guns, will make them ok to be free. For some reason I can not find logic in that.

I fully agree that the open door that prison is right now that violent felons should not own guns since our system is broken. On the other hand I can see perfectly clear that laws will not stop them from owning them. Funny part is the law even sides with the criminal in cases of firearms. In cases where registration is required criminals are NOT required to register them, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States

I thought about this one on my drive to work too. This all got started with the guy from the first post. Did firearms play ANY part in any of his charges? I can only see one charge that might be firearm related........

The point I attempted to make with the first post regarding Joe Salvey's arrest was not about him. To anyone who actually read it should have understood that. The first post was about ifish and their lack of any willingness to have a conversation that may be uncomfortable for some since Joe is fairly well known there.

I remember Rush Limbaugh getting kicked off ESPN for something similar. To those who don't remember he made a comment not about a black quarterback (Donovan McNabb) but instead about the media who wanted so badly for him to succeed simply because he was black. McNabb even understood this.

Ironic, how we as members of a forum like NWFA all say we want our freedom yet some say a thread such as this "goes sideways", and "has no place on NWFA and should be locked". Strange. Especially given the information on Joe's arrest is public record. No deep dark secrets were revealed, nor was it gossip. He was not tried and/or convicted. Just his arrest brought forward to illustrate what ifish is like.

Freedom is sometimes a double edged sword. We like it when it goes our way but want to take it away when it makes us feel uncomfortable. Personally, I enjoy the freedom Joe Link, the owner of this forum gives us to discuss matters like this. I'm glad he hasn't let it get nazified with the over-moderation like ifish.

While I'm on the subject, I don't even mind a thread getting "hijacked" from time to time such as this one (regarding felons and possession of guns). I see it as a natural progression of a conversation.

The point I attempted to make with the first post regarding Joe Salvey's arrest was not about him. To anyone who actually read it should have understood that. The first post was about ifish and their lack of any willingness to have a conversation that may be uncomfortable for some since Joe is fairly well known there.

I remember Rush Limbaugh getting kicked off ESPN for something similar. To those who don't remember he made a comment not about a black quarterback (Donovan McNabb) but instead about the media who wanted so badly for him to succeed simply because he was black. McNabb even understood this.

Ironic, how we as members of a forum like NWFA all say we want our freedom yet some say a thread such as this "goes sideways", and "has no place on NWFA and should be locked". Strange. Especially given the information on Joe's arrest is public record. No deep dark secrets were revealed, nor was it gossip. He was not tried and/or convicted. Just his arrest brought forward to illustrate what ifish is like.

Freedom is sometimes a double edged sword. We like it when it goes our way but want to take it away when it makes us feel uncomfortable. Personally, I enjoy the freedom Joe Link, the owner of this forum gives us to discuss matters like this. I'm glad he hasn't let it get nazified with the over-moderation like ifish.

(regarding felon
While I'm on the subject, I don't even mind a thread getting "hijacked" from time to time such as this one
s and possession of guns). I see it as a natural progression of a conversation.

Anybody remember the saint of cryfish " kevins driftboat" that was his handle and also the charrity he ran taking vets out fishing he was found guilty of child molestation they put up one paragraph about him and that was it never to be talked about again. http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2010/07/honored_fishing_enthusiast_mit.html

I remember this guy. Ifish was one of my hangouts before I went to AFG. Anyway he was convicted for this too.
http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2011/01/mitchell_webb_canby_fishing_in.html

Some of the comments below these articles are pretty good.

All he got was 8 years.

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2011/03/mitchell_webb_a_canby_man_who.html

Strange how this isn't mentioned on ifish. But as I said before I don't spend very much time there since about 2009.

Last Edited:
Here's the latest from too tall.

icon1.gif Stay within the AUP with your alerts
If you'd like to be taken seriously regarding your alerts, please read the Ifish AUP and find out for yourself which is actionable and which is not.

Your note to the moderators is totally ridiculous and your alert is silly.

You may think whatever you like and you may believe whatever you like, but you may not stay on this website with that attitude.

Thanks,

Jen

his guy ( "crabbait" ) is a complete scum bag douche Liar and all round Moron there I said it and I mean it .

PS Queen Jenny Is a Racist ie she don't like black brown or any color but white.

They're probably all NFS members!

TGhe ones that aren't wind up getting pee pee smacked by mods for badmouthing the NFS and their lapdogs.

iFish used to be a cool place to share info and trade/sell stuff. That was 15 years ago. Anymore I rarely post there, I'll read it a few times a week to glean any decent info - but it's pretty rare I jump into conversations anymore. It's still not a terrible place to sell/trade stuff - lots of pro-gun folk lurking there too, but god forbid you bring up gun rights, the Constitution, or say anything pro gun the loudmouthed antis and pants wetters (half of which seem to be moderators) jump up and down and threads get locked.

Queen Jenny doesn't even own the place anymore, but the Californians she sold it too still let her have super moderator abilities and treat her like shes some sort of special snowflake who does no wrong. Frankly I think she's morphing into a skinnier version of Ginny Burdick in both appearance and attitude.

I used to be a member there a couple of years ago too, I couldn't stand to read anymore of baltzs 526 or what ever his numbers were. I remember he once said summer lake and lake abert were separated by a sand bar! What a bunch of goof balls!

I used to be a member there a couple of years ago too, I couldn't stand to read anymore of baltzs 526 or what ever his numbers were. I remember he once said summer lake and lake abert were separated by a sand bar! What a bunch of goof balls!

You're right, there are some real morons over there. But I didn't have a problem with most of the retarded posts, after all this is the internet. My main beef was with queen jenny and her minions for not allowing a good discussion to take place. Especially if the viewpoint(s) expressed differed with theirs.

They are doing their members a disservice in being that way. A few years ago a thread was started that had to do with showing your license and tag to the game warden.

I argued they only time you HAVE to show them anything is if you are being legally detained. In other words lawfully stopped. I said even though there is a law on the books saying you HAD to show it upon demand, that law has been ruled unconstitutional and OSP, and the district attorneys know it.

Here at NWFA, most if not all of the members would have understood what I said. However over there seemed to have nothing but sheep. I was called names (which didn't bother me), others said I didn't know what I was talking about and called me to give the legal cites. Others said I should try it and get back to them. (I do every time I'm contacted. As soon as I get the warden to admit I'm doing nothing illegal and the stop is unlawful I produce my license and/or tag.) Funny thing, no one with legal authority (such as cops) disagreed with me. I even pointed it out how it was strange none of the known cops on the board were disagreeing.

There were a couple of members who knew what I was saying and agreed, but the thread was locked shortly after.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top