JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then you are part of the problem.

I'm sure the problem is all on your side, as I do not see one. BofA has worked for me and I have no intentions of changing any time soon. If they are a problem for you then I can understand why you wouldn't want to use them, just like I won't use some of the other banks mentioned, for own my reasons, Isn't it great that we have choices? :)

Mike

I'm sure the problem is all on your side, as I do not see one. BofA has worked for me and I have no intentions of changing any time soon. If they are a problem for you then I can understand why you wouldn't want to use them, just like I won't use some of the other banks mentioned, for own my reasons, Isn't it great that we have choices? :)

Mike

I have nothing against you personally and I understand it is your choice to make. I am merely saying that if you support organizations that have a misguided sense of moral superiority and actively campaign to take away rights from Americans then you are facilitating their agenda. If you sleep fine at night with that understanding then by all means continue to assist them in eroding your rights that millions have died trying to protect.

I will go a different direction, however as an American I fully support your right to decide which side of the fence you are on.

When I was young and stupid, I had an account with Washington Mutual. I didn't pay much attention to it, and let it overdraft by something like $6. By the time I noticed a week or two later, WAMU had sent me to collections. My fault. Ended up paying close to $125 between penalties and fees, etc. But I did pay off the collections.
Fast forward five years or so and Chase buys WAMU. Chase takes every bill WAMU sent to collections for the previous five or ten years and resends it to collections.
So I get a notice of collections. For a Chase account. I call the collections agency, since I've never had a Chase account. They told me that Chase resent out all of WAMU's old collections. I told them I already paid it. They said I had to prove that. I told them it was five years previous and I'd moved a dozen times. So I told them (somehow I knew my rights) I expected proof of the debt within 30 days or it was invalid. Took them 47 days to provide the documents. When they called to see about collecting it, I told them they missed the deadline and I considered the matter resolved and not to seek any further communication. They never did.

Seems to me that Chase went on a fishing expedition for free money. There's no telling how many people had to double pay their debts.

Long story shortened, Chase can forget about getting any of my business. Ever. I'd just assume leave my money under a mattress and borrow from a loan shark.

...and dumping Bank of America!

Full article here

JPMorgan Chase Opens a New Window. CEO Jamie Dimon Opens a New Window. , for example, defended the bank's Opens a New Window. lending to firearm manufacturers and retailers amid criticism that the company failed to adopt a responsible loan policy for the industry following the 2018 shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School.

After that tragedy, which left 17 students and staff dead, Citibank and Bank of America instituted new policies that potential firearm clients must meet, including prohibiting the sale of guns to anyone under the age of 21.

At the hearing at the House Financial Services Committee Opens a New Window. , Rep. Carolyn Maloney pressed Dimon on whether Chase would institute a similar policy given the bank provides "$273 million of loans for manufacturers of military-style firearms."

The New York Democrat also cited Chase's partial ownership of Remington since the gunmaker filed for bankruptcy last year. Remington produced the gun used in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
You may want to reconsider your opinion on Chase Bank after watching this video:

You may want to reconsider your opinion on Chase Bank after watching this video:

I stay away from any extreme political views as a source of information. I feel that far right and far left organizations hurt our country far to much.

I stay away from any extreme political views as a source of information. I feel that far right and far left organizations hurt our country far to much.
That is probably best
For you
Truth is hard to swallow
Even when it is served up on a silver platter

So yeah...dismiss the messenger

Can you suggest a better option? My favorite arguments against my suggestions are those that offer a better one. That way we all learn a better way rather than simply learning that you think my way is bad.
I honestly have zero opinion on your choice one way or another. I simply posted a video of a Chase representative saying what he said.

But like the other new guy above says, stay away from extremists who post truth.

That is probably best
For you
Truth is hard to swallow
Even when it is served up on a silver platter

So yeah...dismiss the messenger

The problem is it is a version of the truth within an edited video. These sorts of things require more context than a far right journalist will potray. There are always multiple sides to a story with the truth somewhere in the middle.

When I was still a teenager with nothing to my name, wells Fargo stole $360 and change.

It was a charge to close my account. I MIGHT have left that place with $50 after their fees.

Never looked back as credit unions provide literally every single service I use. Interest is better on ira's and other savings accounts, mortgages/car/business loans are cheaper, etc.

Years ago I was part of the South Texas Syndicate that sued JP Morgan. Look it up, and other suits against them and see if you want them handling your money? I'll go with the Bear and leave it under my mattress before they would see a dime.

I honestly have zero opinion on your choice one way or another. I simply posted a video of a Chase representative saying what he said.

But like the other new guy above says, stay away from extremists who post truth.
By the way congratulations on attempting to minimize an opinion of a "new guy". Obviously a first class personality.

I've been with BoA for quite a while. One time they went a bit nuts on an overdraft fee and wouldn't do anything about it so I told them to close out a money market account I had. It was about 30k but they cut me a check for the amount right then and there. I asked why you were so ready to let all that money walk out of your bank over a stupid overdraft fee? They had no answer. So I walked over to Unitus and opened up some stuff there. Another time at BofA they bent over backwards to make an error (on my part) right. So go figure.
I still use them for business and payroll because nobody else integrates things so nicely. They also gave me a free check scanner. Until I find something better I will stick with them. They're no better/no worse than any other commercial financial institution these days. All of the banks and CU's take their marching orders from the Fed and DHS. Pick your poison.

They're no better/no worse than any other commercial financial institution these days. All of the banks and CU's take their marching orders from the Fed and DHS. Pick your poison.

Could not disagree more. Maps for one has flat out given the feds the finger on many occasions. Maps even provides banking services to businesses that are federally prohibited. We were pretty happy with US Bank also, that is until we looked around some.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top