JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SO I got to thinking what pistol would I like to see come to market. Now there's plenty enough different pistols on the market now and that have been in the market place to fill every conceivable need.

But if I could ask Remington to please market a Commander frame sized 4-4.25" barrel R1 1911 in .45ACP, .40SW and 9mm with a 7rd 8rd and 10rd mag capacity that looked just like the std. R1's little brother I would have to have one. Most likely in .40SW

And I would have the same work done to it as the previous owner of my R1 had done. Wilson combat hammer, Lt. wt. comp trigger and drop in Beavertail. With a super slick action job.

Mine is easier.

I wish Caracal would get their bubblegum together, and work out reliable U.S. distribution. Oh, and I wish they would make a lot of mags. "A lot" used here to mean, "enough for me to get a dozen with little trouble." The Caracal C is about as close to perfect as any pistol out there.

Wish the BATF would have "let" taurus's raging bull 28g pistol come to market.
Aside from that, Id like to see a 17hmr pistol (there may be some out there but Ive yet to see one)

Wish the BATF would have "let" taurus's raging bull 28g pistol come to market.
Aside from that, Id like to see a 17hmr pistol (there may be some out there but Ive yet to see one)

I saw a 6 or 8 shot revolver with about a 8-9" barrel at Willamette valley arms. It was cool but way to big and very heavy for what I would want it for. Rare but they are out there.

For Ruger to completely open up their 1911 platform(calibers, sizes, colors, glow-in-the-dark, whatever)
For Ruger to release more No.1's and 77's in .35 Whelen, .358 Win., 6.5x55 Swede, 7x57, .300 H&H and other "old" cartridges.
An S&W Classics line that does not have the lock. The re-released 586 was a disappointment only because of that. I can live with MIM pieces.
More 10mm in general. I am done with 9mm. My "little guns" will be in .40 from now on.
A new Browning A5 designed specifically for buckshot with a standard 20 round magazine and 60 round drums. Charley Askins would be proud.

I would very much like to see Colt's, S&W and Ruger honor lawmen and gunmen of the 20th century. A Colt New Service in .38 Spl. for the previously mentioned Askins, A custom Ruger Blackhawk in .44 Spl.(A Colt's New Frontier would work as well) for Skeeter Skelton. A S&W 19 for Bill Jordan. A 1911 for Jeff Cooper. A S&W 29 for Elmer Keith. A S&W .38-.44 for Ed McGivern. The list can go on(a .300 Win. Mag for Lon Horiuchi? Maybe not.) forever.

I am a total sucker for my 20th century gun heroes. I almost dropped $3,000 on a Joe Foss 1911! Bill Jordan's 22-250 can be had on GB for $7,000!

For me, this new bubblegum has nothing on 50-100 year old guns. Why would I need a black rifle when I have a Winchester SL in .351? I was born too late.

...Id like to see a 17hmr pistol (there may be some out there but Ive yet to see one)

There are some .17HMR revolvers out there, but that's about all you'll ever see. The .17HMR isn't safe to use in any kind of semi-auto configuration (there were a couple semi-auto .17HMR pistols when the round first came out, but they were quickly recalled and disconinued and Hornaday states that it's only suitable for single-shot applications now), so a revolver is about all there is. I'd like one as well to add to my bug-out bag. I can carry a lot of .17HMR easily (usually easier to find in the store than .22LR too), and share it between my rifle and psitol. Nice accurate round too, I'm a fan!

What ever happened to that little Doubletapp? For now I have to make due with two that are welded together and all stainless. It's a four barrel. not a two barrel over under like the new Double tap design. I would love one [a COP 357] made with a scandium frame and titanium barrel section. Or sleeved with stainless if need be. Kind of constructed like the S&W j-frame revolvers. My all stainless gun is heavy. About 25 oz. I would guess.
But I do prefer the fact that the COP is made in 357! Not 45acp. Given any choice a 10mm would be awesome!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top