JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I don't remember the provision that the 100K cops had to be racists'. That bill was years in the making. Even GHWB had lobbied heavily for it. . And yeah, the actual assault weapons ban was a later addition Feinstein snuck in knowing it wouldnt pass as a stand alone bill. 52-48 is MOST senators.

Of course the AWB had no effect on crime.
Maybe you didn't get the memo? A few years back they started this group -- Black Lies Matter -- because the reason black people are shot by cops is because cops are racist. Do keep up. NB: If you question this group in any way, you too are a racist. If you question this group and happen to be black, you are "the black face of white supremacy."

As for the Biden Crime Law, I'm pretty sure it was him and/or his failed 2008 presidential campaign that called it that. So.

Maybe you didn't get the memo? A few years back they started this group -- Black Lies Matter -- because the reason black people are shot by cops is because cops are racist. Do keep up. NB: If you question this group in any way, you too are a racist. If you question this group and happen to be black, you are "the black face of white supremacy."

As for the Biden Crime Law, I'm pretty sure it was him and/or his failed 2008 presidential campaign that called it that. So.
Yep just like.... Larry Elder is being accused of being...

This is partially correct, but some misconceptions are presented here. First of all, if we are speaking of Covid, it has no DNA. It is a RNA virus.
You are correct, of course. Distinction without a difference in the context of this conversation, however.
Secondly, neither vaccines nor natural immunity "drive" mutation. Mutations occur randomly due to errors in replication. Some mutations are beneficial, some are deleterious. Whether a mutation is one or the other is largely determined by the environment. Microbes do not alter their genetic structure in response to the immune system. Those which are conferred an advantage by a beneficial mutation simply reproduce at a greater rate than those without that mutation. Natural selection drives this process, mutation only provides the raw material.
Well here's some fake news for you, then: https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/965703047/vaccines-could-drive-the-evolution-of-more-covid-19-mutants

Have you heard of this station? NPR? They must really suck... they can't even sell advertising! :)
Thirdly, immune response to viruses is largely antibody driven, and not cellular. It doesn't matter whether the antibody response is vaccine produced or natural. Immunity in the host will select for a strain which can evade the immune response.
Of course. The antibody is the key. Hence, a nonvaxxed immune system that produces antibodies is as efficacious as a vax-generated immune response, hence soundly defeating the claim that unvaxxed people are the cause of the variants.

I forgot to ADD that in that WARNING letter to more than one LE agency about POTENTIAL threats (Geeze Louise!) or people to watch or look out for was VETERANS, active or retired Veterans, and their spouses or family members.

That LIST was something to see!

Cate
Cate,
Are you referring to this 2009 DHS report? Or an actual letter?

2009 DHS Extremism report.jpg

Beef with cheese ? you are certainty not a Jew! :s0140: :s0140:
Wuh? Is that not kosher? o_O

ETA: Nevermind. Answered my own question...

Kosher burgers are also incredibly popular for observant Jews who keep kosher. Some may be a little discouraged that they can't have their burgers with cheese to enjoy a proper cheeseburger, as the mixing of milk and meat together is prohibited according to the Torah.

Last Edited:
You are correct, of course. Distinction without a difference in the context of this conversation, however.
Accuracy is important. Words have meanings.
Not fake news. I believe this is basically what I said. Mutations occur naturally, immunity causes the selection of mutations that are beneficial to viral replication. But immunity does not drive mutation, as you stated in your post.

Of course. The antibody is the key. Hence, a nonvaxxed immune system that produces antibodies is as efficacious as a vax-generated immune response, hence soundly defeating the claim that unvaxxed people are the cause of the variants.
I do not dispute this. However, in your post you stated that it was white blood cells that were responsible for immunity to viruses. This is not correct.

Well here's some fake news for you, then: https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/965703047/vaccines-could-drive-the-evolution-of-more-covid-19-mutants

Have you heard of this station? NPR? They must really suck... they can't even sell advertising! :)

Lol, please tell me you actually read the story and not just the headline.

Wuh? Is that not kosher? o_O

ETA: Nevermind. Answered my own question...

Kosher burgers are also incredibly popular for observant Jews who keep kosher. Some may be a little discouraged that they can't have their burgers with cheese to enjoy a proper cheeseburger, as the mixing of milk and meat together is prohibited according to the Torah.
Informative.

Accuracy is important. Words have meanings.

In a discussion of the specifics of virology, yes. In this case, I was using the term colloquially - ie not with specific regard to the CV19. I will concede the point, however noting that it has no bearing on the veracity of my argument and is at this point an exercise in pedantics.
Not fake news. I believe this is basically what I said.
Sorry, but no: it is the opposite of what you said.
Mutations occur naturally, immunity causes the selection of mutations that are beneficial to viral replication. But immunity does not drive mutation, as you stated in your post.
Your second sentence appears to contradict your first. 🤔
I do not dispute this. However, in your post you stated that it was white blood cells that were responsible for immunity to viruses. This is not correct.
I stated no such thing. Please go back and re-read my post.

I disagree and the reason is because the supreme court ruled that mandatory vaccinations that I think was either Pennsylvania or Massachusetts, was constitutionally allowed to be a member of the populated society.
He will demand that people stop carrying but he can't take it away. Employers can take away your right by stating their no weapon policy and can fire you. Im not sure if you are eligible for unemployment if fired for conceal carrying.

You really want to get into the definition weeds?
Just following suit...

If you used most in a news article to describe a 52-48 result, your editor would fire you on the spot. 52-48 is what's known in the professional parlance as a slim majority, or a narrow victory. Calling it anything else is hyperbole.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR