JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Department of Education has canceled all funding for school shooting sports, hunter safety, and archery programs, saying that these activities help provide persons with dangerous weapons and provide "training in the use of a dangerous weapon." These programs have previously been eligible for Federal funding, and are common in conservative states and rural schools. Looks like Democrats and the leftists are coming for your double barrel shotguns after all.
Fox News link warning for the woke:
Fox News Shooting Sports

tumblr_mgsh3pcLrm1r2mfhgo1_400.gif

We have a archery program at my school.
It is a fun class...the kids enjoy it...I also enjoy helping to teach it and run the range.

Of course one of the main things we do at school is teach...in this case safety with archery equipment.
Cutting off funding to teach safety...strikes me at least as.....unsafe.
Andy

Edit to add :

"training in the use of a dangerous weapon.."
Maybe funding for drivers ed should be cut off as well...since misuse of a car can be dangerous...
Makes about the same amount of sense...:rolleyes:

We have a archery program at my school.
It is a fun class...the kids enjoy it...I also enjoy helping to teach it and run the range.

Of course one of the main things we do at school is teach...in this case safety with archery equipment.
Cutting off funding to teach safety...strikes me at least as.....unsafe.
Andy

Edit to add :

"training in the use of a dangerous weapon.."
Maybe funding for drivers ed should be cut off as well...since misuse of a car can be dangerous...
Makes about the same amount of sense...:rolleyes:
Cars kill a lot more people than bows and arrows.

Well, that will certainly make more time for indoctrination (or continuing education) in the LEFT's agenda for schools. Like perhaps.....

Marxist/Leninist theory, thought and implementation.
The CCP and a wonderful orderly society.
LGBTQ+ is normal.
Diversity is the answer to everything.
BLM (a catchy name will make you rich).
Etc.....

Not to mention.....
The Constitution doesn't mean what it says. Plus. Let's just add and make stuff up (that isn't even specifically mentioned in it).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Grandson learned shot gun shooting in Oregon at Emerald Empire gun range. He competed and was Rookie of the Year in the State at age 14. Current student at University of Arizona where he has been invited to try out for, "Wildcat Shotgun Team."

Pleasant surprise a public university allows a shooting sport club. If successful, the team will compete at Nationals in San Antonio.

A little clickbaity..... It sounds more like withholding funds for specific programs... not the entire school.

"The specific provision in the act was an amendment to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act that prohibits federal funds from going to programs that "provide to any person a dangerous weapon or training in the use of a dangerous weapon."

A little clickbaity..... It sounds more like withholding funds for specific programs... not the entire school.

"The specific provision in the act was an amendment to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act that prohibits federal funds from going to programs that "provide to any person a dangerous weapon or training in the use of a dangerous weapon."
I'm not that smart, but thanks. I fixed it

In other words, if schools churn out nothing but illiterate, unskilled, prison destined losers, no issue, but sound the alarm if a school has a trap shooting, archery, or otherwise historically completely safe and normal program.

Federal funds are withheld from the school districts where classes in hunter safety and archery are being taught.
Federal government should encourage hunter and firearms safety classes!

Duplicate thread?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top