JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A bullet fired straight up will slow down, stop, then fall to earth again, accelerating until it reaches a point where its weight equals the resistance of the air. That's its terminal velocity.

Mythbusters.

http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2006/04/episode_50_bullets_fired_up_vo.html

Angle of the shot fired obviously effects terminal velocity. There is no doubting that people have been killed by warning shots. I just don't think it is the NWFA way to come in and start stomping kittens!

im a trucker and I carry in the truck....my warning shot I have a blank loaded as #1 in my weapon.....the other 12 are JHP. Ive been carrying since the LA riots when that guy was dragged out of his semi and beaten to death for no other reason than "he was there" If he was armed he would be here today.....I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Well good for you benny..... I might have shot at the ground if it was me...... it's good that you didn't have to shoot anyone because then you have to go to court and prove beyond the reasonable doubt that blah blah blah ........... would have been nice if you had a tazer and or pepper spray. I work security (unarmed) and I take public transportation..... I will not confirm nor deny if I pack..... but I do have pepper spray and there are times when I feel like I need to use it because people just F with me for no reason as if I have a big neon sign pointing at me saying COME F WITH ME..... I don't have "security" or a badge out in the open.... i just have my blue BDU panths, black shiny shoes.... and plain black jacket..... so it's not like I sport my uniform in the open........ anywhoo..... be safe man and hopefully we all learned something from this incident. :)

Warning shots are not ever good to do, but there are exceptions. I mean if you are in rural area and you got three deranged drunks who think you don't have the guts to kill them. Firing a warning shot may inspire them to change their mind about trying to bumrush you, take your gun and murder you and your family. I know everyone told him he was wrong for firing warning shots, but what would you have done in this situation? Yes, he had the risk of killing someone even though the chances are slim.

Warning shots are not always bad. There has been people who have been saved from bear attacks or attacks from wild animals firing a warning shot.

His chances of murdering someone else in a remote Weed rest stop were probably less than getting murdered by three raving drunks.

Personally, if it were me and my family was there I may shoot first ask questions later. Nobody should ever get in the way of me and my family, I may not even be rational. If aiming a .45 pistol at them and telling them to go away is not enough inspiration for them to leave , then I might have to resort to the final option.

Personally, I think your only options were:
A. Warning shot (pointed in area with least chance of hitting innocent bystander)
B. Unload Lead at Center Mass into the Perpetrators (Leg Wounds dont always work under stress)

Maybe , I am wrong... Just think if it was you and yoru family was scared and helpless in the car. I think I would have filled them full of lead, I hate to say it.. Once one bad guy goes down, the others generally don't want to join him. Maybe I would have fired a warning shot if I had the right mind to do so and felt nobody would get hurt. It seem to do the job.. You lived , your family lived, the bad guys lived.. You did well.. Congrats

im a trucker and I carry in the truck....my warning shot I have a blank loaded as #1 in my weapon.....the other 12 are JHP. Ive been carrying since the LA riots when that guy was dragged out of his semi and beaten to death for no other reason than "he was there" If he was armed he would be here today.....I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you need to use that gun ASAP, that blank may cost you your life, just food for thought. DOn't forget the criminals don't carry a blank in their chamber.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top