JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's 'Weed', not 'weeding'! And all you guys are hilarious! Northern California Rednicks! Give us a break! There are more rednecks from Medford to Grants Pass than all of California.

It's 'Weed', not 'weeding'! And all you guys are hilarious! Northern California Rednicks! Give us a break! There are more rednecks from Medford to Grants Pass than all of California.

Red necks are everywhere even inner city! I know lots of people between Yreka and Happy Camp that aren't red necks! The biggest loser I ever ran into down on the Klamath when asked where he was from, "St John's".

Weed CA? the Weed Airport Rest area? seems about right that area is very desolate, and not much around. I make that drive 20 or so times a year between Roseburg and Redding, for family and things.

I am really surprised you are not facing charges in komifornia. I think you were right and maybe you had some reasonable officers, but i am still surprised.

Glad you and your parents are ok. I really have a fear of getting attacked by an unarmed person. If they are armed it is an easy answer (shoot to stop) but unarmed is a whole different ball game. A jury isn't going to be as kind to someone shooting someone with out a weapon. it will easily get played up as a simple misunderstanding that you turned deadly. or you escalated the incident by presenting the weapon. you may not get a murder charge but manslaughter is no laughing matter either. 5 - 10 years in prison does not sound like fun. Granted i would rather go to prison then die, or have my family hurt, but i would rather avoid it all together.

I keep considering the warning shot. i see it has a another step in incident management, but there will always be the argument that if you needed to pull the weapon you needed to shoot the assaulter.

I don't believe you need a CC to defend yourself, even in California, in a life-death situation.

Sounds like you did everything legal. Sounds like you were left no choice but to fire warning shots. I would be worried though of those rounds hitting innocent bystanders. I always wondered what the best place would be to fire warning shot. As far as getting Cali CC, thats impossible if you live in Oregon. Its hard enough if you live in Cali. LOL

By the way were you in Weeding or Weed? I never heard of a Weeding.

Oh Yeah, Thank God you and your family are alive and safe. I commend you for your bravery.

Hence, another reason not to travel to Killifornia.

I was asking about the legal hassle of transporting a gun into and out of california. Last I checked it was against the law. But, as the gangbangers say, Rather be caught with it then without it.

I am really surprised you are not facing charges in komifornia. I think you were right and maybe you had some reasonable officers, but i am still surprised.

Glad you and your parents are ok. I really have a fear of getting attacked by an unarmed person. If they are armed it is an easy answer (shoot to stop) but unarmed is a whole different ball game. A jury isn't going to be as kind to someone shooting someone with out a weapon. it will easily get played up as a simple misunderstanding that you turned deadly. or you escalated the incident by presenting the weapon. you may not get a murder charge but manslaughter is no laughing matter either. 5 - 10 years in prison does not sound like fun. Granted i would rather go to prison then die, or have my family hurt, but i would rather avoid it all together.

I keep considering the warning shot. i see it has a another step in incident management, but there will always be the argument that if you needed to pull the weapon you needed to shoot the assaulter.

Way to protect you and yours! :s0155: If you wont, dont expect ayone else to. I to am very suprised of the outcome it being that turd of a state to the south. Not that its a bad thing I am suprised. Good policing imo. See Benny if ya pratice that quickdraw in the mirrior you really will become asian John Wayne.:D

Im not saying that they're aren't rednecks in Oregon....my experience with Tehama, Butte, Plumas, Placer Shasta, Humbolt and Trinity County rednecks spans two decades. There is a high rate of meth addiction and the nastier one's know that the avg person is likely not armed.
Also Hwy5 rural rest stops in Ca draw a varied, and sometimes odd-behaving, crowd.
Again just my experience....

HEY Benny Sorry to hear about your problem .Glad it turned out ok. Are you the same Benny that got the mud flaps from me in SE Portland.
IF so how did they work out?? Got a new Glock 19. Thought I would Try it out on some tomorrow.
RoJac

Good for you to stick up for yourself and your parents,
I hope everything gets cleared up, I know firing a weapon especially warning shots makes LEOs not too happy because you never know where they are going to end up. Obviously you weren't in a city, but the cops to come down hard on people for that. I'm glad for you, you didn't have to shoot them.
There's a lot of people like this in the world and you never know what could happen.
Good thing everything turned out ok and no one got injured (mostly you)

Way to go Benny! My family is Asian also and I am always watching out for them too. They are very peaceful, easy going friendly people. Also too trusting of others. Worries me sick sometimes. Glad you guys are safe!

i'm glad ya got out safe and the way you where carrying is legal in calif . just can't get over all the stereotypes about calif here .. i spent 35 yrs there GREAT state .. the populace that lives in the cities are what screws people in the state . i spent 10 + yrs in yreka and trust me i've seen more meth addicts / crack headed redneck racists here in 4 yrs than i've seen in yreka .. BUT i agree calif gun laws are bad.. that doesn't make the people bad .. UNDERSTAND calif law is made by 25% of the land mass (rats in a cage ) where as the other 75% have to suffer.. Sorry if this looks like i'm tryin to jack your thread . i'm not .. Don

You are very lucky, if your "warning shots" had hit someone you would have been tried for murder!

One of the first lessons I learned was never, under any circumstance, fire a warning shot, up or down. Please do everyone a favor and get some firearms training. You will be taught how to handle this type of incident and others.

<Please watch the name calling - Sun195>

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad it turned out alright for you...

That said - warning shots should be avoided at all costs. Typically, if you ever draw your weapon in self-defense is should be for one reason and that is shoot at the threat. IF just drawing your weapon and saying "please stop, I have a gun" makes the threat leave, great - if it doesn't, take action...

In this situation, while I wasn't there so this is just a 20,000' foot view, I would have had everyone get in the car, even if the door wasn't closed and driven - onto the sidewalk, in reverse, something. Window gets broken? Fine. Insurance covers that and it is better than a potential felony on your record.

"They" did not have any weapons displayed - while there were threatening comments and it sounds like disparity of force - it sounds like there was a potentially feasible evacuation path....

THAT said - you made it out alive, without any legal ramification, and without anyone getting hurt. BUT - in the future, please don't consider a warning shot. A shot down to pavement can cause ricochet... a shot in the air can land somewhere or on someone...

(and a few more line breaks would make the first post a bit easier to read :) )

Thanks for those that understand the sistuatuation. For some reason I still dont get it... yes I know what go up must come down and I knew it that time when I fired. My thought was also running through my head at the time if I leave the place, and those guys in the truck chase after me, pershap they may throw something just on the windshield. Come on think about it... you are on CA freeway, speed limit is 70 are you able to control your car? (Think real, a small rock hit your windshield make you jump. What make you think of the beer bottle?) If not then are you going to stop at the middle of the freeday? No witness no firearm in hand? I thougth I did was right to make a scene right there at leaset there are people around (truckers, well i thought they would be around) and get the law enforcement to come and justify. I dont want to get in my car and later find out that I end up on the side of the freeway.

It's easy to say and do, do you really going to shoot some drunk/high guy? I dont want to sound like a "cat" but I am not and will not shoot at anyone that I dont see a life or death sistuation yet. For the training yes... I was prepared and I thought I used it right...
First I did give verbal command not to get closed to me. Second I did call the cops and let them know the whole sistuations (maybe I should keep that quiet and talk to my lawyer before I answer any cop question). ThirdI was watching out for any threat that come foward my parents and I.

If things get out of hand and one of the guy get closed to me... then I have to point my gun at him and fired... how much more time that I have to stuck in ca? I dont want any trouble and if it posible avoid then I will... 1 and half hour stay at the rest area not bad compare to a few days with shooting involve :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top