JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A modern version of the H&R Handy Gun* in .410-bore, but integrally suppressed. Would be good to very quietly dispatch small pests in the garden, around outbuildings, etc., with little noise and damage to the surrounding area. (Yah, never going to happen.)

* These.
View attachment 1026218

This would be a Form 1 project, all you need is a donor .410, maybe a snake charmer type so you don't have to deal with two stamps.

I looked at doing a 500E Mossberg as a .410 hushpower this way after watching youtube videos of pigeon and rat shooting in the UK.

All the silencersmiths I talked to at the time dissuaded me from the project given the small payload of the .410 and running it sub sonic gave super weak performance.

Im still curious about it, and if I found a cheap snake charmer, it would be worth $200 to give it a shot!

Engaging in a little thread necromancy, a couple of randoms come to mind:

• A reasonably faithful reproduction of the double-action pepperboxes of the mid-19th century. The few repos I've encountered were spectacularly caca.
  • For all intents and purposes, a slightly scaled up Ruger Mk Ⅲ in .32 ACP / 7.65㎜ Br.
(As with many other wacky suggestions in this thread, ain't happening on both.)

Last Edited:
Be gone necromancer!

power compels GIF

Engaging in a little thread necromancy, a couple of randoms come to mind:

• A reasonably faithful reproduction of the double-action pepperboxes of the mid-19th century. The few repos I've encountered were spectacularly caca.
  • For all intents and purposes, a slightly scaled up Ruger Mk Ⅲ in . 32 ACP / 7.65㎜ Br.
(As with many other wacky suggests in this thread, ain't happening on both.)
The mk3 sounds like fun.

For the pepper box, I think we're going to see these come to fruition in the next 10 years.

Right now, you can already submit files to online services who will 3D print them and charge you for the cost of materials and some time for the operator. Even though the printers are coming down in price, they're still thousands.

As the cost for metallic 3D printing comes down, we'll see services offering the same - just submit a file and get the piece in the mail.

Some of the coolest next Gen suppressors are built into shapes not possible from normal methods.

I cant wait. Future is going to be awesome for bringing back old school cool.

* consults list*

1. A modern interpretation of the De Lisle Commando Carbine. Valkyrie Arms makes an exact reproduction, which is cool, but having one redesigned to take modern mags, with rails for mounting optics, etc would be pretty awesome. A semi-auto version wouldn't be as quiet, but would still be pretty darn cool.

2. A semi-auto Steyr AUG Para (9mm) that takes Glock mags. MSAR teased the concept before they folded, and I've wanted one ever since.

3. A Steyr AUG A3 with the classic optic - those new railed optics completely ruin the aesthetics of the AUG.

4. A Glock 25 (basically a 19 chambered in .380) for the US market. Presently they are only available to the EU for some stupid reason.

5. A redesign of the KelTec CMR30 / PMR30 combo to other calibers (9mm, .45 ACP, 5.7x28, etc.) And with a PDW/SBR option for the CMR.

6. An AR pistol / SBR chambered in .50AE that takes Desert Eagle mags, with mag extensions for said magazines. Completely impractical - some might even call it tacky - but I bet it would be a blast to shoot!

7/8/9. Semi auto versions of the Sites Spectre M4, Walther MPL, and FAMAS. Both exact reproductions and modern reinterpretations would be welcome.

6. An AR pistol / SBR chambered in .50AE that takes Desert Eagle mags, with mag extensions for said magazines. Completely impractical - some might even call it tacky - but I bet it would be a blast to shoot!
Tromix made rig like that at one point. AR shorty fed by Desert Eagle magazines sleeved in a 20-round STANAG magazine. Available in .44 Magnum and .50Æ (and possibly others). I don't know how many of them they made, but kind of wish I picked up one in either big boomer.

A Gemmer "Sharps" rifle
Looks like a Hawken rifle...but with a Sharps action , instead of being a muzzle loader.

Uberti / Pedersoli made one at one time...I think it is out of production now.

Also a Winchester 1885 replica in .30-30...again Uberti / Pedersoli made one , once...not any longer.
Andy

Tromix made rig like that at one point. AR shorty fed by Desert Eagle magazines sleeved in a 20-round STANAG magazine. Available in .44 Magnum and .50Æ (and possibly others). I don't know how many of them they made, but kind of wish I picked up one in either big boomer.
Thanks for the heads up, will keep my eyes open for one!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top