JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last Edited:
Ruger Vaquero in .50Æ. They make in .44 Magnum, so why not? Sounds like hilarious good fun. (I'm presently bidding on a BFR .50Æ, so wish me luck, but it is not as svelte as the aforementioned Ruger offering.)

Looks like Bowen has made something in this vein before.

1613325890647.png

Twin 50 cal MG w heads up display integrated into a Ford F150 front bumper/windshield...Don't want to kill anyone, just want to be able to take their wheels out from under them....Just kidding...Or maybe, just a roof mounted minigun...Again, just kidding.

revjen45 said:
A small Sportpistole resembling the Baby Nambu in .32ACP, .380, 9.2 Mak, and .25 & .32NAA with modular caliber conversions.
Imagine this beauty with a 6" bbl in .32NAA.
I wonder if you could get Ruger to build it...the frame is reminiscent of the Mk.1, so the basic tooling may already exist.

There may be a Ruger prototype like that, given that he considered the Type B as a basis for his design.
Since we know a lot more about how autoloaders work than Kijiro Nambu did...
The Neue Nambu would be straight blowback.
The removable trigger group could have different modes of operation.
1613490077562.png
A Type 14 trigger guard would leave room for a long enough trigger stroke for partial compression of the mainspring like a Bubits (Glock, Steyr, Caracal) design, so It could have a modern "safe trigger" type pull in addition to conventional SA in different pull weights. And be usable with gloves.
It would be designed from the ground up for CNC manufacture.
Maybe a new caliber or 2 based on the Makarov case, or a shortened and necked down 9mmP.

The original Type B was meant more as a badge of authority than a serious fighting pistol.
Our Neue Nambu is meant to be a serious trail and sport pistol with punch => .380.
How about a 7mm based on a necked down Mak or 9mmP case? With a 6" bbl it could probably be up there with .22 WMR performance.

First I've heard of Ruger considering the Nambu as something to base his Mk.1 off of.
I've always heard the gun was based on the Luger, due to its reputation as a natural pointer.

Dean

A weird one that has bounced around the old noggin for years is a modern Le Mat:

• Big revolver.
  • In something like, say, .41 Magnum or 10㎜.
  • Nine shots like the 19th century wheelgun.
  • An under slung shotgun barrel in ... hmmm ... 12-gauge Águila mini-shell, or 20-gauge (which the original was in ... ish), or worst-case .410.
Too odd and NFA-regulated, so will never happen. But a man can dream, no?

Last Edited:
How about an all steel CZ 75 compact with a decocker... seems you can buy a model d, but it has an alloy frame. Go figure the cuts are different enough you can't simply swap parts.

I want the Barrett Fieldcraft bolt action rifle back. How could something so good and so celebrated simply go away? Crazy.
I heard great things about that rifle. Apparently, Barrett production capability was saturated with government contract work. Can't help but wondering if there isn't more to the story.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top