JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More than a trifle wacky, but I still dig it: basically a Smith & Wesson Model 29 has a baby with a Webley–Fosbery. That is the over all layout, and chambering, of the former, but the self-cocking feature of the latter. :D

Well, it's not the Glock 25, but they're now making the Glock 28 for the US market. Adding to the list.

Apparently Colt Diemaco/Colt Canada made a limited run of RO750 Light Machine Gun upper kits with a particular upper receiver configuration that I was wanting....

001-56.jpg
Prototype, slickside upper with A2 sight

002-60.jpg
Complete Production model, NFA item, has deflector, and A2 sights, but no forward assist.

Upper kits were sold for a while during the 1990s? Someone on Reddit found an upper kit with the hydraulic buffer and spring but no lower, as well as a Beta,C mag at an estate sale :s0001:

Seems the later Colt Diemaco/Colt Canada Colt Automatic Rifle introduced a flattop version with the same absence of forward assist... the same sort of receiver that can be bought from Anderson MFG :s0140:

Edit. If the production models didn't have a forward assist, but either A2 sights or A4/M4 flat top rails.. then that means one of the handful of forges in either the US or Canada has the dies for them, because it's different from one of the more common A1/similar slick side upper receivers. This also means that there might be a potential market opportunity now that retro A2 type AR uppers are popular.

Last Edited:
I love big-bore semi-autos. The Ruger .44 carbine really tickles that itch and I wish they would restart production, but even more than that I wish they would add a bunch more cartridges to the lineup. 357 Mag, 45-70, 454 Casull, 500 S&W. . . all the classic big-bores.

Even further out into fantasy land, I want a Chiappa Rhino Carbine, with modern gap deflectors to make it actually pleasant to shoot.

I love big-bore semi-autos. The Ruger .44 carbine really tickles that itch and I wish they would restart production, but even more than that I wish they would add a bunch more cartridges to the lineup. 357 Mag, 45-70, 454 Casull, 500 S&W. . . all the classic big-bores.

Even further out into fantasy land, I want a Chiappa Rhino Carbine, with modern gap deflectors to make it actually pleasant to shoot.
500 auto max by big horn armory?

500 auto max by big horn armory?
lol like the .50 Beo. Same idea, different case design. The Beo uses a rebated and recessed rim to enhance compatibility with standard AR parts, but I cannot help thinking that compromises some of the potential performance of the cartridge. This one uses a full rim, which probably offers a bit more strength in the case web and a bit more case capacity. I wonder hoe much of a difference it makes in the ballistics?

Wow......this thread was started in 2017. A little bit of reflection and I'm left wondering, "How FAR have we come since then?"

Yeah......
In light of the fact that......

We are quickly loosing the ability to even buy a hi-capacity magazine. Some might say that, "The nail is there. But, the coffin is still open." Whatever. The slow erosion of 2nd A RIGHTS has always been REAL.

So, what was that again? About.....

".....shall not be infringed."

Aloha, Mark

PS.........BUT, But, but.......

The BRUEN decision.

Oh YEAH.....
your-rights-end-where-my-feelings-begin.jpg

Last Edited:
lol like the .50 Beo. Same idea, different case design. The Beo uses a rebated and recessed rim to enhance compatibility with standard AR parts, but I cannot help thinking that compromises some of the potential performance of the cartridge. This one uses a full rim, which probably offers a bit more strength in the case web and a bit more case capacity. I wonder hoe much of a difference it makes in the ballistics?
I think they say 500 auto max is much, much more power than the Beowulf as it is 500 s&w magnum with a rimless cartridge. I believe they say it is 1/3 the muzzle energy of 50 bmg. I don't need another 50. I don't need another 50. But I want one thought what I actually want is a .357 crank Gatling.

I think they say 500 auto max is much, much more power than the Beowulf as it is 500 s&w magnum with a rimless cartridge. I believe they say it is 1/3 the muzzle energy of 50 bmg. I don't need another 50. I don't need another 50. But I want one thought what I actually want is a .357 crank Gatling.
I would be all over a .500 Auto Max in a bolt action, or AR type semi!

I just read up on the 500AM, I did not realize it was for the AR 10 platform. I thought is was another big-bore 15. This is going right on the pile of things I want for my AR 10 build, I just need to make sure lower compatibility works. Or, you know, finish building out my home machine shop so that such trivialities are no longer an issue. . .

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top