JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shoot all my antiques, my grandson is totally fascinated with my original Civil war Colt 1858 revolver. Has done several reports in school about it explains the history it has witnessed. I had a friend in Germany that was a world champion black powder target shooter in the mid 70's, he shot all over the world. He had a rather modest house, maby a couple of thousand sq feet that every space on every wall was covered with historic original firems neatly displayed on them. He didn't own one reproduction, his target championships were won with British 1860's target rifles, all in original cases, various sights, false muzzles and bullet casting tools. He also had original Bochart (pre Luger) automatic pistols, Hitler guard belt buckle pistols. As a young GI it was a formative experiance to know him and see his collection. He shot everything. His name was Manfred Kroshel, spelling is probably wrong but he should be able to be found on the net. One of my other German buddies introduced us because I had so many guns even as a young guy. Manfred owned the Ford Dealership in Witlich.

Micro's are hard to hold on to with two fingers and failing extra large hands without detracting form their purpose adding extended mags.
So I would buy a 9mm micro Thumber. (WELL, IF REASONABLY PRICED)
If the trigger and guard were gone, I could use that space for my index to add to a tight (up high) three finger grip and my independently moving thumb to operate the paddle trigger located on the side where the safety is usually found.
Doesn't seem like that big of deal, and I think I can work my thumb better, with more power, more smoothly than my trigger finger. (albeit a shorter travel)
Think about it... grip something with your four fingers real tight you will see your thumb works free unlike the index when the other three are griping tight.
The "Thumber"!

AR handguard with seven sides of Keymod or M-Lok, around 11.75" from upper-receiver front face to handguard front, with a slot for a front-sight post. Think an octagonal version of the Daniel Defense RIS II built for a little-known 12.5" M4 called a GL/SSC... "shortest possible barrel to fit an M203, longest possible rail around it to just barely clear a KAC QDSS-NT4 suppressor."

BP cartridge ammo for cheap or the at least reloading components for cheap, for ALL early cartridge rounds.
I really don't want to have to cut down .455 Webley to make .450 Adams, 'cause I'm lazy like that.

Just in case no one has asked, "they"? THEY? Who the heck are "THEY"??:rolleyes:

Want it? Do it! :)

They is they, and even though some of the things I want can or are being done - to a point (show me a lever action in .460 mag for less than $2500), it would be very expensive for the individual to do some of these things.

For example, I wish S&W would make a scandium n-frame revolver with 4" barrel in .45 Colt that would also take .45 ACP. They make an n-frame 325 scandium n-frame in .45 ACP and they make the 329 PD in .44 mag, but not one in .45 Colt. I suppose I could send a 329 off to a custom gunsmith and get back something in .45 Colt, but I would expect to pay another $1K on top of the $1K that a 329PD costs to start with.

Also, some manufacturers simply do not produce some guns they used to produce - e.g., Browning has some of their BLR Black Label takedowns that used to be available in certain chamberings but are not listed anymore.

I would also like to see some pistol manufacturers come out with a version of the .460 Rowland that would be ever so slightly longer than .45 ACP in case length (to prevent it from being chambered in a .45 ACP gun) and still chamber .45 ACP and work in something like the SIG P227. Imagine having a 14 round P227 with a cartridge that has almost as much power as the .44 mag!

Still thinking about sending off a Glock 21 to have it converted - but I would rather have a SIG.

Just in case no one has asked, "they"? THEY? Who the heck are "THEY"??:rolleyes:

Want it? Do it! :)
"They" is "The Global Conglomerate of Imaginary and Fantastic Manufacturing"... Although I hear the only thing that keeps them in business is their trademark money tree, which isn't even affected by GDP!
They're a company you can believe in!

They is they, and even though some of the things I want can or are being done - to a point (show me a lever action in .460 mag for less than $2500), it would be very expensive for the individual to do some of these things.....
And, actually, it's very expensive for a manufacturer to do also. And they have to decide if there is sufficient demand to justify the development and tooling to produce it. Custom or low volume things are expensive. Not only because they CAN be but often because the HAVE TO be.

For example, I wish S&W would make a scandium n-frame revolver with 4" barrel in .45 Colt that would also take .45 ACP.

I like that concept too. There is the problem of how to head space the cartridges. The .45 Colt chamber precludes the shoulder necessary to headspace the .45 ACP so it would require something like half moon clips to head space. That leaves too much cylinder to frame gap for the .45 Colt. Interchangeable cylinders is how that's solved in single action Ruger Blackhawks but it's a little more difficult in a double action.

Also, some manufacturers simply do not produce some guns they used to produce - e.g., Browning has some of their BLR Black Label takedowns that used to be available in certain chamberings but are not listed anymore.

Pretty safe bet that the reason those chamberings aren't made any more is because they didn't sell. Tying up material and manufacturing capacity on something that sits on the shelf is not a winning strategy from the manufacturers standpoint.

I would also like to see some pistol manufacturers come out with a version of the .460 Rowland that would be ever so slightly longer than .45 ACP in case length (to prevent it from being chambered in a .45 ACP gun) and still chamber .45 ACP and work in something like the SIG P227. Imagine having a 14 round P227 with a cartridge that has almost as much power as the .44 mag!...

Again, the head spacing problem of different length rimless cartridges. Probably doable, just not necessarily simple.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews