JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law."
Winston S. Churchill

We are ruled by the threat of laws by people who refuse to obey them.

me
There are definitely laws I refuse to obey. Period.

Just an old man's observations, it's not that kali folks didnt stand up to the law makers. It's just seems they no longer care what laws are made. Once tyranny makes you a criminal it doesn't matter how many more laws they add.

Hey that magazine is against the law. Hey what isn't against the law?
Like most places, California has a wide mix of gun owners. Everything from those that have just a couple of guns and are not politically active, to those that have a lot of guns but are still not politically active, to those gun owners that are engaged and active in the fight...and whatever else is in between. However, had this entire group bonded together and engaged early on, they could have done a much better job of keeping things in check. Many were simply either asleep, didn't believe it could happen, or just lazy.

At this point, however, it's a sheer numbers game...the antigun leftists FAR outnumber the conservatives, and the left holds a super majority. The courts are pretty much the only opportunity the pro gun side has. But even that is a tough battle as California is home to the most patently corrupt District Court in the country...the Ninth.

Similarly, Oregon and Washington are living on borrowed time. It's only a matter of time before the cesspools that are Portland and Seattle grow large enough to be able to overpower the rest of each state. And when that happens you will have all the same crap that California has...so called assault weapon bans, magazine restrictions, no suppressors, background checks for ammo, maybe even some crap California hasn't dreamed up yet.

The bill's sponsors are the top name of these graphics. Notice locations and their district. Ramrodding this crap throughout the state, same as what happens in OR.
D6AB8561-86FA-487E-98A2-5652033947D0.jpeg
C1DBD758-F292-45B1-A522-7FBDF88827C7.jpeg
6FB821F6-F1F1-4C64-9646-B32C4DE517EF.jpeg
7E56C37E-BAA5-46C0-93CC-9516F64E4984.jpeg
B7CAAFCB-0040-457A-95D7-3F67584AC163.jpeg
3AF5EA28-22E9-493B-8712-6EA2EBFED6C5.jpeg
591265AB-6CE8-49E7-9439-13495E80C9F7.jpeg

Last Edited:
Like most places, California has a wide mix of gun owners. Everything from those that have just a couple of guns and are not politically active, to those that have a lot of guns but are still not politically active, to those gun owners that are engaged and active in the fight...and whatever else is in between. However, had this entire group bonded together and engaged early on, they could have done a much better job of keeping things in check. Many were simply either asleep, didn't believe it could happen, or just lazy.

At this point, however, it's a sheer numbers game...the antigun leftists FAR outnumber the conservatives, and the left holds a super majority. The courts are pretty much the only opportunity the pro gun side has. But even that is a tough battle as California is home to the most patently corrupt District Court in the country...the Ninth.

Similarly, Oregon and Washington are living on borrowed time. It's only a matter of time before the cesspools that are Portland and Seattle grow large enough to be able to overpower the rest of each state. And when that happens you will have all the same crap that California has...so called assault weapon bans, magazine restrictions, no suppressors, background checks for ammo, maybe even some crap California hasn't dreamed up yet.
One of the advantages of getting old is for me it doesn't matter much. Make your laws and send an old man to jail then it takes money to run him through the courts. By that time he has nothing left for the government to steal. For an old man a life sentence doesn't mean much except 3 hots and a cot and free medical care.:cool:

One of the advantages of getting old is for me it doesn't matter much. Make your laws and send an old man to jail then it takes money to run him through the courts. By that time he has nothing left for the government to steal. For an old man a life sentence doesn't mean much except 3 hots and a cot and free medical care.:cool:

Everyone needs to stop giving up and fight it is BS. To many people take the whatever stance for to long and Ruin the next generation. I would like to hand my stuff down to my kids without telling them where I buried it.

Everyone needs to stop giving up and fight it is BS. To many people take the whatever stance for to long and Ruin the next generation. I would like to hand my stuff down to my kids without telling them where I buried it.
Fought it for decades, now yall can carry the flag.

I was at the range today as a the gents were cleaning up after a match. Like always the guy carrying the load gets burnt out because others won't help enough. Life is like a shooting match. You have the guys doing all the work to make things happen. Then the guys that just come out for the enjoyment of what others worked to make. Then the guys who will never be winners and sit around and complain about the match.

It's the world we live in.

Last Edited:
Ok so I read the substitute bill. So the big issue is for EDC, correct?

In terms of possession, it looks to me like grandfathered is ok subject to this:
View attachment 1131008
And possession and use are subject to this:
View attachment 1131007
So basically it punishes legal concealed carriers, who care about obeying the laws, but the crims are still going to carry their illegal guns with high capacity mags like they do right now. So basically no effect on crime at all but huge effect on law abiding citizen's ability to defend themselves?

No matter what this ends up looking like, if I was a WA resident I would be buying tons of mags for guns I had, plus guns I think I ever may have, and take photos of them right away.

In PDX police often collect 25-100 shell casings in a single shooting. I don't know about WA. This kind of law would have zero effect on the numbers of rounds criminals shoot but would limit citizens ability to protect themselves.
What's the date on what you found? The engrossed substitute bill, ESSB 5078, has removed the photo evidence section. As I understand it, that version (the ESSB version) is the version that passed the Senate and was sent to the House, which will be voted on this Wednesday.

What's the date on what you found? The engrossed substitute bill, ESSB 5078, has removed the photo evidence section. As I understand it, that version (the ESSB version) is the version that passed the Senate and was sent to the House, which will be voted on this Wednesday.
The engrossed substitute bill does not mention possession or use at all. It only has sale, transfer, and distribution. That was the first one I read but I figured I must be missing something that is why I read substitute bill.

In the engrossed substitute bill it looks to me that both possession and use (including EDC) are ok. It restricts buying, selling, transfer, distribution.
4C7A5C1F-5212-4D84-8093-AB9136B29C31.jpeg
DC926BCB-9507-40BE-B7C0-AB11757606F2.jpeg
I would be buying the crap out of mags if I lived there. In fact I may buy some saiga drum mag(s) just for the possible future threat even though I don't live in WA. Something tells me they might not like these mags much...:p
BCBBAF77-F686-4596-8766-4A8FCE5CB79A.png
15A79E3E-36F6-4714-B050-6F29B6234E2B.png

Last Edited:
I changed up to .45ACP a while ago. I cannot say I foresaw the high-capacity ban, but the AG Sideshow Bob has been making runs at it for years now.

Here we are.
I have SIG 22X semis in .22 (conversion kits), 9mm, .40 & .45

I have found that for me, there seems to be very little difference between 9x19 115 gr and .40 180 gr recoil, but when shooting .45 ACP (185gr loads at the same velocity as the .40 180gr) there is noticeably more recoil and I am noticeably slower with .45 because of that recoil - getting back on target.

If I have to carry with a 10 round mag, it would be .40 as I think I would more effective. If the mag capacity is not an issue, then I would go with 9mm because in the 226 I get 5 more rounds in the same extended mag (1" longer than flush) than with .40 S&W.

I like the .40 better than the 9mm, but that extra 5 rounds...

Really? I guess if this passes I'll have to cross Washington off the list of potential places to move to.
Smart, this state sucks almost as bad as californistan to be truthful. Just more proof democrats ruin everything they touch or are put in charge of. We are looking at our options. Our youngest has a little over a year left in college. Then we go.

With all the other crime happening one the streets lately, I seriously cannot see police stopping people to look at their magazines!
What will happen is if you are stopped and you are searched then they will load you up most likely. Like you said don't do stupid stuff and the Police have no reason ( as few as there are out there now ) to bother you.

Hopefully you don't have horrible hemorrhoids. It could make the constant rectal exams a bi@tch. :oops:

All joking aside, I have been through this fight before. The responses here are the same ones that I heard when living the hell in California. I suffered through the eroding to our 2nd amendment rights in California. The "libtards" want to take our guns, we all know this to be true. Liberal ideology is a cancer that is affecting all of our country. You can blame the media who perpetuates this ideology. Why does channel 712 (cable), which is suppose to be Fox News, open every evening with gun violence in Portland? The libtards control the media. This needs to stop.

"libtards" = Power controlling liberal turdles.

If folks want to keep their rights then they have to get off their hind end and walk upright. Canadian truckers show it works to peacefully protest in a manner that sends a message. However after watching Americans for 70 years it's obvious most will wait for somebody else to do the work.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top