JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I used to shoot and carry 40sw pistols but have mostly switched over to 9mm for various reasons. I still have a G27 but it has a 9mm conversion barrel currently. I am hoping Washington's mag ban falls on it's face in the house, but if it succeeds I probably will put the .40 barrel back on the G27 and soldier on with it for carry. I never really had a problem with the 40 and think it is a marginally better stopper than 9mm and mags are already at 10 round capacity in the G27. Even though I never have loaded for 40sw I have a boat load of components as I have saved all my spent brass and and have many suitable bullets as I am heavily invested in 10mm auto. I will not be knee jerk about it, but will go shoot my G27 in stock form to make sure I am proficient with it. I will wait until it all shakes out before I make a final decision. Is anybody else contemplating a cartridge change for their carry piece with the looming WA legislation.

Not a Wa resident. Most of my carry pistols have always been bellow 10 rounds regardless of calibers, by choice. More comfort for all day carry and overall concealabilty.

Actually these idiots in office are forcing what they fear. Not that evil/crazy people care about the law. But we already know:
1) It's for them to falsely claim power
2) Say they've done something
3) Set a case for further overreach

So far they took a safe and clean state and made it West Chicago. Fewer police, almost no immediate response for violent crimes and what they hope is a reduced ability for the public to defend themselves.

F0F4BBEA-CF60-45C6-80C8-9FDEA8C3E88B.jpeg

My revolvers only hold five each, so I'll just carry two. Anyone know of a good double shoulder holster for S&W X Frames?

As much as I detest, despise, and loathe this BS mag-limit bill that is ESSB 5078, I feel that I must prepare for the eventuality that it will pass into law, given the unstoppable Blue majority behind this Draconian infringement upon my 2A rights. To that end, besides registering my displeasure with the BS bill on the state's legislative website, which you can do here, I just bought a half-dozen 10-rd mags for my favorite 40S&W EDC pistol (currently running 13+1 with that rig) from GunMagWarehouse. They are on sale, but I doubt that we will see prices that like for long after this BS bill becomes law... :mad:

Last Edited:
I haven't been following the bill. Are existing high capacity mags grandfathered? If so u could stock stock up on massive amounts of 17, 33 rounders etc. They r so darn cheap.

Last Edited:
When CA moved to a 10 round limit I was shooting a revolver and a 1911. I moved up to a 10 round gun. In 95 or 96 I bought a S&W 910.
Now I'm back to a 642 J frame revolver and a 9mm Shield. neither of them hold 10 rounds. DR

Really? I guess if this passes I'll have to cross Washington off the list of potential places to move to.
Even before this, it should have been #48 on the list anyway.

They have been trying this for the last 6 or 7 years that I can recall, it was only a matter of time. Semi-auto ban is coming too in the not-so-distant future.

Too many people keep putting the authoritarians back in office. This won't change until all the woke wake up. I'm not holding my breath.

Just continue carrying standard mags….. 17+1 for me. Nothing will change.

Last Edited:
With all the other crime happening one the streets lately, I seriously cannot see police stopping people to look at their magazines!
The only way you'll get burned is if you have to use it. At which point I'd much rather have the 7+ rounds. Or you get arrested/detained/searched and if that's the case a "high" capacity mag is going to be the least of your worries. The police have their hands full and their hands tied. Not many of them any more in the liberal states anyway. With the amount of crime and lack of resources to respond I'll be the last person they are focused on. If I'm going to be my own first response then I'll be responding with 17 rounds. Not 10.

Really? I guess if this passes I'll have to cross Washington off the list of potential places to move to.
@Certaindeaf is pretty much spot-on. They are GF'ed, but they are subject to a slew of safe storage laws. They have to remain unloaded until ready to use, they have to be locked away separate from firearms, can only use in limited circumstances, of which CCW is NOT one of them.
A short list of restrictions here...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top