JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fred Meyers is a class C corporation and if measure 97 passes they will be one of the business that gets taxed and you know what that means.

They need this tax to pay down all the unrealistic debt they approved in the PERS, Public Employees Retirement System.

Haven't we paid enough?
Silver Hand

97 needs to be defeated and Kate Brownstain needs to lose her job due to the corruption at the state capital and state offices in Oregon.

Pretty sure most people don't give a bubblegum that it hurts the bottom line of a corporation that has profited $2 BILLION so far this year. For a small locally owned business, sure I'll support them. Kroger? F' em, I'll squeeze every last bit of blood from that turnip.

I do like Fred Meyer, but I'm not going to turn down a discount because it hurts their bottom line. They can afford it.
I guess for the sake of it being a big company, sure that makes everything ok then...

Just to be clear.

I get a 15% discount on guns no matter what. MY interpretation of their veterans discount is that they require a VA card or active duty ID card. Since I am a one tour and out kind of guy I think that the extra 10% does not apply to me. Their veterans discount is last thursday of the month and I have shown my DD214 on several occasions to get that extra 10% and they have accepted it each time so I think my interpretation is wrong and my wife who works customer service at Fred Meyers says that the DD214 is OK.

In any case the 15% comes off first. Then 10% off the balance. If you are over 55 you can also use a 10% . You can stack discounts but the 10% military and seniors discounts are on specific days and cannot be combined because of that. Discounts are on top of sales so if they knock 20% off for a sale then another 15% for me being married to an employee and another 10% veterans discount/seniors discount I'm doing pretty good. I also get friends and family discount cards once a year and can hand them out to anyone so they get that extra 15% off, yes even on guns..

Just to be clear.

I get a 15% discount on guns no matter what. MY interpretation of their veterans discount is that they require a VA card or active duty ID card. Since I am a one tour and out kind of guy I think that the extra 10% does not apply to me. Their veterans discount is last thursday of the month and I have shown my DD214 on several occasions to get that extra 10% and they have accepted it each time so I think my interpretation is wrong and my wife who works customer service at Fred Meyers says that the DD214 is OK.

In an case the 15% comes off first. Then 10% off the balance. If you are over 55 you can also use a 10% . You can stack discounts but the 10% military and seniors discounts are on specific days and cannot be combined because of that.
That's good info.
I do like the Freddies in Hillsboro. They have a nice gun and ammo section in their sporting goods section. It seems to be a bit more robust than BiMart's. However It's the only one I've seen around my area with one.

I guess for the sake of it being a big company, sure that makes everything ok then...
I'd rather pay a higher price for a local business to provide me with quality produces and good customer service (and I do, I usually do my grocery shopping at New Seasons, even though there's a Safeway just as close). When a huge corporation that doesn't give two bubblegums about me or you steamrolls in and provides me with a bunch of crap that's made in China and employees that hate their job and everyone that comes in there, I don't have a lot of sympathy for that corporation.

They do not care about you and will happily rip you off until you're on the street. It's less about their size and more about their mindset. Profit over all, bubblegum you, bubblegum me, bubblegum the competition, bubblegum the environment, all they care about is their bottom line. They even bubblegum the shareholders over by cooking their books. I'm going to shut up now before I really get riled up.

Fred Meyers is a class C corporation and if measure 97 passes they will be one of the business that gets taxed and you know what that means.

They need this tax to pay down all the unrealistic debt they approved in the PERS, Public Employees Retirement System.

Haven't we paid enough?
Silver Hand

"Too much is never enough" seems to be the prevailing theme when the legislature is in session. If it was a full time job they'd tax us into the stone age.

I was in the market for a new Glock 19 a few weeks ago . Didnt have to look much farther than my local Fred Meyers. Their on sale price was OK at $539 but hey , my wife works there so I got the 15% "home and sporting goods" discount and I got the 10% ex military discount that I didnt really qualify for because I'm not a retiree but I got anyway. Total out the door was about $450 with tax plus I got an additional 45 cents a gallon off my gas bill at the pump and with a 36 gallon tank that was sucking fumes thats about $17 more I saved.

Only problem being my wife can tell what I buy there.

That's a reason for trip to Yakima! From what I have seen Freddies' on the wet side of this state have caved in to PC bubblegum and no longer sell guns. Same with ARs at the local Wally World...BS I say.

Brutus Out

That's a reason for trip to Yakima! From what I have seen Freddies' on the wet side of this state have caved in to PC bubblegum and no longer sell guns. Same with ARs at the local Wally World...BS I say.

Brutus Out

Longview Fred Meyers sells guns. St. Helens too. I'm sure theres more. on the wet side that do.

I have a Freddie's just a couple blocks from where I live, but they don't have anything firearms related at that store. Luckily I do have a BiMart not that much farther away! This is the Freddie's on Canyon Road by Highway 217. But I do know the Freddie's out on Cornelius Pass Road by Highway 26 does have a firearms counter. But I don't work near there anymore, so that doesn't help me much.

Fred Meyers strikes again. My wife made the mistake of telling me that Freddies was giving a 25% discount to employees and their families until tomorrow. Went by and picked up a Ruger SR22 for $250.

Did you get the savings certificate? Extra $30 off. I picked up 3 boxes of hornady 9mm Critical Duty for $14.96 a box. I'm pretty happy with that purchase even if Shootingthebull410 felt they are sub par.:)

Nah, I was doing other shopping and only used the employee discount. My wife even called me on the way home and yelled at me for not using some other discount I could have used. I noticed they had LCP's for $200 which would be $150 to me. Thinking about buying one just for a glove box gun although I have no real love of the 380. I just got the SR22 to use as a silencer host.

Fred Meyers strikes again. My wife made the mistake of telling me that Freddies was giving a 25% discount to employees and their families until tomorrow. Went by and picked up a Ruger SR22 for $250.
Love the SR22! Congrats on the awesome price. I got mine at the gun show but paid about $300 for it a couple of years ago. No complaints though, it's a great little gun and the kids love it.
Why are the dang magazines/clips so expensive though?! It's not exactly a G$L$O$C$K-o-matic.

I used to be a fred's regular. The two of us don't spend that much on groceries to get that kind of discount. I don't know if they changed, or if I changed after I started shopping at Winco. Man, Winco shopping will will give you a real good idea of what kinds of crazy mark-ups the big three (Fred's, Albertson's and Safeway) have.

My only issue with Winco is that there is a lot of presumed illegals that shop there. They don't speak English and it's like I went to a third world country. Like the Renton Walmart...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top