JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was in the market for a new Glock 19 a few weeks ago . Didnt have to look much farther than my local Fred Meyers. Their on sale price was OK at $539 but hey , my wife works there so I got the 15% "home and sporting goods" discount and I got the 10% ex military discount that I didnt really qualify for because I'm not a retiree but I got anyway. Total out the door was about $450 with tax plus I got an additional 45 cents a gallon off my gas bill at the pump and with a 36 gallon tank that was sucking fumes thats about $17 more I saved.

Only problem being my wife can tell what I buy there.

I'm currently angry with fred's. On vacation near Florence and trying to get my truck AND boat in for gas and the the design of the fred's there is NOT designed for the recreational vehicle driver! You'd think they would design their fueling center around large vehicles being that it's on the coast, but NO. Well, after working my way with my rig to FINALLY get to the pumps it seems I was going the wrong way? It was the only way I could get in seeing as they had a tanker delivering. There I am sitting in front of two pumps, ready to use both and they refused to gas my boat and truck. Another 5 minutes or so of running around all the obstacles finally got me to the pumps. Dicks! It wasn't like that last year or any year since they've been there.

You don't really get $.10 a gallon off either. It's $.07, 3 cents comes off when they flash your fred's card. The next 30 gallons I got came from Safeway, same price, wasn't worth the hassle for $.07/gal.

I shop there regularly and almost always get a dollar a gallon off as a full tank last me 3-4 weeks on average. When gas was cheap 7-8 months ago I was paying 80 cents a gallon . Reminded me of the early 80's.

I shop there regularly and almost always get a dollar a gallon off as a full tank last me 3-4 weeks on average.

I used to be a fred's regular. The two of us don't spend that much on groceries to get that kind of discount. I don't know if they changed, or if I changed after I started shopping at Winco. Man, Winco shopping will will give you a real good idea of what kinds of crazy mark-ups the big three (Fred's, Albertson's and Safeway) have.

I used to be a fred's regular. The two of us don't spend that much on groceries to get that kind of discount. I don't know if they changed, or if I changed after I started shopping at Winco. Man, Winco shopping will will give you a real good idea of what kinds of crazy mark-ups the big three (Fred's, Albertson's and Safeway) have.
And even at that, Winco is turning a profit....

I like the prices at Winco, but so do tweekers and people who buy $400 in hot pockets, soda, and chips with food stamps for their poor-but-obese kids.

I like the prices at Winco, but so do tweekers and people who buy $400 in hot pockets, soda, and chips with food stamps for their poor-but-obese kids.

It did take a bit of getting used to the place when I gave farewell to Albertson's a couple years ago. Butt-hey, I just wear my work clothes and an old flannel and fit right in!

I'm currently angry with fred's. On vacation near Florence and trying to get my truck AND boat in for gas and the the design of the fred's there is NOT designed for the recreational vehicle driver! You'd think they would design their fueling center around large vehicles being that it's on the coast, but NO. Well, after working my way with my rig to FINALLY get to the pumps it seems I was going the wrong way? It was the only way I could get in seeing as they had a tanker delivering. There I am sitting in front of two pumps, ready to use both and they refused to gas my boat and truck. Another 5 minutes or so of running around all the obstacles finally got me to the pumps. Dicks! It wasn't like that last year or any year since they've been there.

You don't really get $.10 a gallon off either. It's $.07, 3 cents comes off when they flash your fred's card. The next 30 gallons I got came from Safeway, same price, wasn't worth the hassle for $.07/gal.

I boycott them because their corporate office pays into the commercial fishing lobby here in Washington. I haven't set foot in one for many years!!!!

Fred Meyers is a class C corporation and if measure 97 passes they will be one of the business that gets taxed and you know what that means.

They need this tax to pay down all the unrealistic debt they approved in the PERS, Public Employees Retirement System.

Haven't we paid enough?
Silver Hand

Fred Meyers is a class C corporation and if measure 97 passes they will be one of the business that gets taxed and you know what that means.

They need this tax to pay down all the unrealistic debt they approved in the PERS, Public Employees Retirement System.

Haven't we paid enough?
Silver Hand

Your'e going to get your sales tax one way or another. Glad I moved out of that state.

The one closest to me (N Spokane) just remodeled their store, pulled their gun section and made half the store organic/natural. They put it in maybe 2 years ago but they couldn't compete with LGS prices, let alone online prices so I never bought anything firearm related there, but do lots of other shopping there. Still it sucks that there is one less place selling guns.

Yeah, I think they probably took a loss on that Glock 19 and the Ruger 1911 I bought from them as well. Its good having clerks that don't care.

Yeah, I think they probably took a loss on that Glock 19 and the Ruger 1911 I bought from them as well. Its good having clerks that don't care.

You can bet on it, mark up is 20% on firearms max.
It is about impossible to keep someone at the counter for that price but they are about the best at customer relations these days and that sells milk and bread [groceries] which has a mark up of about 4-5%. Currently!
Silver Hand

If my employees gave unauthorized discounts on my products it literally comes out of my wallet. Small or large companies, it destroys a bottom line at some point. I'm not trying to sound like a fuddy duddy regarding getting a good price on something but I would fire anyone who pulled that crap. When something goes on sale for a certain percentage it's usually covered by a supplier discount or other program.
Yes, I'm a veteran too.

Pretty sure most people don't give a bubblegum that it hurts the bottom line of a corporation that has profited $2 BILLION so far this year. For a small locally owned business, sure I'll support them. Kroger? F' em, I'll squeeze every last bit of blood from that turnip.

I do like Fred Meyer, but I'm not going to turn down a discount because it hurts their bottom line. They can afford it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top